Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones and Bob Dylan 27 july 1995 Montpellier????????????
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:03

I know the Stones played that day, but did they also do a guest appearance for the Dylan show, or is there something wrong with this???
My guess is that someone recorded Dylan (who was the opening act, after the Black Crows), and added a couple of songs from the Stones, including the one were Dylan joins the band (Like A Rolling Stone)

Bob Dylan 27 july 1995 Montpellier

that famous ICELAND trade...winking smiley) THX !!!
no edit
FLAC files
azareus > torrent > DaD

incl
txt file
fingerprints
artwork

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bob Dylan
Espace Grammont
Montpellier, France
1995-07-27

Audience recording
Source : Sony D7, micros Sennheiser.
Lineage: Master Dat --->CDR--->EAC(secure mode) --->Flacfrontend (level8)

archived as LB-2725

DISC ONE --- 56:29.57
1 Drifter's Escape 5:29
2 It's Take A Lot To Laugh, It Take A Lot To Cry 6:19
3 All Along The Watchtower 5:50
4 I Shall Be Released 5:23
5 Silvio 6:37
6 Tangled Up In Blue 9:08
7 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue 7:19
8 Seing The Real You At Last 5:53
9 Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 4:28.46

ROLLING STONES SET GUEST SPOT
DISC TWO --- 14:44
10 Let It Bleed 4:40
11 Angie 3:51
12 Like A Rolling Stone (*) 6:12

(*) Bob Dylan Guitar/Harmonica

Bob Dylan band:
Bucky Baxter Steel Guitar
J J Jackson Guitars
Tony Garnier Bass
Winston Watson Drums

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-31 23:27 by coowouters.

Re: The Stones and Bob Dylan 27 july 1995 Montpellier????????????
Date: July 31, 2015 23:20

Seems a bit odd that he'd have them at the very end, with them doing two songs without him... But they were in Montpellier, France, that day...

Date: July 31, 2015 23:28

My guess is that someone recorded Dylan (who was the opening act, after the Black Crows), and added a couple of songs from the Stones, including the one were Dylan joins the band (Like A Rolling Stone)

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 31, 2015 23:31

That makes sense.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 2, 2015 02:12

coowouters

That's correct. Dylan joined the band on Like a Rolling Stone, like he did in some concerts in 1998. I think the Stones songs included here comes from their concert in Montpellier.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 7, 2017 18:37

I was at this show and the Stones were joined by Dylan for Like a Rolling Stone.
Actually, during Dylan's set, we could easily spot from the audience Mick Jagger and Keith Richards hiding behind some cloth screens on stage.
A pretty weird fact about this show is that it's the only show of the Black Crowes 20+ years career that has no track of what songs were played by the band.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 7, 2017 19:38

dunhill

A pretty weird fact about this show is that it's the only show of the Black Crowes 20+ years career that has no track of what songs were played by the band.

Damn Montpellier got Dylan and the Crowes while Paris got Bon Jovi and some unknown dude named Eric Lapointe. I still haven't forgotten Jagger for this. grinning smiley

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 7, 2017 19:56

Man, I feel your pain. Me and my friends were head over heels when we found out the Crowes were opening... we drove all the way from Genova, Italy to attend this show. As a punishment for such an outstanding bill we did get the Alarm to open in Mannheim a month later...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 7, 2017 21:29

Well I suspect there's a sordid business deal behind the Lapointe/BJB/Stones silly bill.
Both "artists" wanted to break the French market badly so opening for the Stones was a great opportunity. So great I suspect they (or their record label) actually paid the Stones to be on the bill.

Neither Lapointe nor Bon Jovi got any success in France I shall add... grinning smiley

Date: July 7, 2017 23:47

Well, we got the Stones as main act on "Werchter Classic" twice:

and

Clouseau used to be some kind of boys band and lots of people in the pit area came for them. Werchter is an open air "standing only" festival (or concert) venue and during these "Werchter Classic" festivals, you get all kind of people. And off course; when they have a good spot, they will not give it up when their favorite has finished. I remember taking a walk in the pit during one of those festivals and there were elder people who had brought "camping chairs" and other stuff and had set up in the pit. Poor people were overrun when it was time for the Stones!
Edit: Backstage you could watch the performances of all those "openers" on a large TV screen and they ALL said that they were so honored to perform on the same stage as the Stones...
And then when it was time for the Stones, there was a special entrance from the backstage to the pit. A fun thing; Prince Laurent, who was at that moment second in line for the throne, had a VIP pass, but for them (people with a VIP pass) a special "VIP" space was reserved in the back of the pit, LOL!!!!!
Only time I had to walk around the pit in order to get to Ronnie's site was when I had arranged "RS In" passes for two American friends and they couldn't get from the "RS Inn" across to Ronnie's site with that pass, so, as they where my guests, I guided them the whole way around through the GA zone (the RS Inn was situated backstage on Keith's side and with their pass they where not allowed to get backstage to Ronnie's side (I had arranged pit (or golden Circle or whatever you want to call it) wristbands for them for Ronnie's side)

Chris from Belgium

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-08 00:12 by coowouters.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 8, 2017 13:25

Of course they didn't join Dylan. - The best release of the Stones show is the 2nd edition of VGP, but still not perfect.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 12, 2017 14:02

the like a rolling stone from Montpellier is fun cause they don't play it in C like usual winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home