Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bill Wyman "Scrapbook"
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 6, 2015 15:07

Very nice, so you only paid £50 for the book ?! What a deal, is it numbered? If not it might be a reprint but didn't they advertize it as being a limited edition of 1962 copies ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: August 7, 2015 05:10

gotdablouse
Very nice, so you only paid £50 for the book ?! What a deal, is it numbered? If not it might be a reprint but didn't they advertize it as being a limited edition of 1962 copies ?

Doesn't appear to be a reprint...Mine is numbered in the 1400s (out of 1962) and has what appears to be Bill's genuine signature.

I paid the initial 50 plus shipping to the U.S. (about $70 via UPS), but still fantastic deal.

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:52

My copy, number 1292 was ordered and delivered in december 2014.
It's not signed b.t.w.

Let it rock!

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: August 9, 2015 00:42

Rosto
My copy, number 1292 was ordered and delivered in december 2014.
It's not signed b.t.w.

Are you sure it's not signed? Look in the center of the book, the two white transulect pages, that's where the signature should be (this is also mentioned in the description somewhere). Mine's an actual signature, whether's it's by Bill's hand or not I have no way of really knowing, but based on what I've been told it is smiling smiley

Date: August 9, 2015 22:17

Hi Snoopy,

I'm afraid I don't have a signed page. I searched again and read somewhere it should be a fold out page. Is that right? Does that page have a number? Please let me know if you can. I can't even find a fold out page and I don't have a certificate for authenticity either. This should be a separate sheet I suppose.

Let it rock!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-09 22:21 by Rosto.

Date: August 27, 2015 21:28

Hi readers,

Just received a mail from Concertlive
Bill's scrapbook on sale for 32 hours only for 50 pounds again! This is your chance to buy one.

We are delighted to present the definitive, intimate and highly personal journey through the life of legendary Rolling Stones founding member, bass player Bill Wyman.

Bill Wyman's Scrapbook - Legacy Edition

Over 1000 of the 1962 available books sold on pre-order.
This represents over 50% of the total quota, grab them while you still can!

- See more at: [oldweb.concertlive.com]

Let it rock!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 21:45 by Rosto.

Date: August 27, 2015 23:44

Thanks for the heads up but why 32 hours ? Can't see any info about that on their site ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 28, 2015 01:01

Thanks - just tried to order it - keyed in details - just took me to another page.
No information, except an 'error message' in the URL of the new page!
Now sent a 'request for clarification' to their customer services - I await an answer...

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 28, 2015 10:06

I filled out the order online, after I pressed the button "order now"
he sent me to another page where they ask me to pay £ 229 ........

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: August 28, 2015 10:15

All was ok for me.
Ordered it for £ 50 (+ £ 40 p/p to Germany thumbs down) and received an order confirmation about £ 90.

Date: August 28, 2015 10:30

I tried again and now it's gone >grinning smiley< received confirmation of the order £ 50 + 40 to Italy ......
very expensive postage, but compensates with the fall in the price of the book

Date: August 28, 2015 12:29

Still as "messy" then...I'm half tempted but £40 for shipping is pretty ridiculous and I'm not sure I have room for another book I'll probably only look at once ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-29 03:13 by gotdablouse.

Date: August 28, 2015 21:59

Another mail today says offer now ends Sunday 10 pm.
So if you're still interested, have a try.

Let it rock!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 29, 2015 00:10

werther2003
All was ok for me.
Ordered it for £ 50 (+ £ 40 p/p to Germany thumbs down) and received an order confirmation about £ 90.

Same here except that I don't received any PM confirmation , just an online confirmation that's cheap confused smiley

HMN

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 29, 2015 01:13

Zagalo
Thanks - just tried to order it - keyed in details - just took me to another page.
No information, except an 'error message' in the URL of the new page!
Now sent a 'request for clarification' to their customer services - I await an answer...

I still await an answer - they get back to you within 2 days allegedly...so will hang on...
I have ordered CDs from them before with no bother - so hopefully...

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: August 29, 2015 15:27

Thanx for the tip...just ordered & received confirmation email within minutes
50gbp +60 gbp shipping..about $165 usa $..looking forward to getting this....

Date: September 14, 2015 20:25

Finaly after two weeks I got my PM confirmation where it says that it will be on the way soon, cool, but when ????? confused smiley

HMN

Date: September 15, 2015 19:55

Look again sadly like a mess as usual
Ordered Aug.28
£££ Aug.31
PM Confirmation Sept.1
Shipped ???
Other PM to ask When I'll get the stuff Sept 14.
when you give 40 £ to ship a book, one can expect a fast shipping, but here again they seem to don't give a shit at all about their customers.

HMN

Date: September 15, 2015 20:17

received my copy yesterday, ordered Aug. 28, copy number 1434 with signatur

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 20:31 by Stone601.

Date: September 15, 2015 21:33

Thanks Stone601 so there is some hope finaly...

HMN

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:04

Got mine today..#1287 w/signature.....to me ,it looks like these 50gbp books might have slight imperfections(which is OK with me),on mine a couple of the outside box corners are sorta crushed(not very badly but crushed just the same)also the inside back cover sleeve that holds the 10" pic disk has a slight cut allowing the record to fall through about 1/4 "(no big deal)as well as on that page(inside back cover) there is a small tear near the binding(also no big deal as nothing is actually missing)....to get a book like this(a $350-400 us$)for a fraction of the original price is still a fantastic deal !!!(I'd love to get 1 of Tarle's Exile books at this rate )...

Date: September 16, 2015 19:00

Thanks for the info Stone601 & Detroitken.
I got your point here Detroitken, but I disagreed.It would have been ok for me if they have warned people before that some of their books got imperfections.
I don't want second hand stuff when I can get mint stuff.I mean that If I have knew it before, I would have saved my 90 £, it's a fake bargain if so, let's just hope that not every book got imperfections

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 19:01 by Honestman.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 03:12

My book arrived today in Germany. The package was very bad and you could see the bottom of the book from outside the package. The corners are crushed and the front has some failures too. I think this is because of the bad package

Date: September 18, 2015 12:09

hockenheim95
My book arrived today in Germany. The package was very bad and you could see the bottom of the book from outside the package. The corners are crushed and the front has some failures too. I think this is because of the bad package

Well, that sounds bad

Mine doesn't have a signed page as I mentioned before. That's bad too...

Let it rock!

Date: September 19, 2015 13:09

Well finaly got it today.Signed and with the same bad packaging you all mentionned ( 40 £ for a package made this way, congrats guys ! ) .
I only got 2 minor crushed corners and 2 torn corners on the outside box. Nothing on the book , CD and Picture -disc fortunately.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-19 13:11 by Honestman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home