Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Foxes In The Boxes, Vol. Three ?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:41

back to Bkey's "nobody" :

as is the song sounds weird. It's in a weird key (G# minor) for used in a rock/guitar band configuration. So I slowed it down to G (where it sounds even more "off" ) then I sped it up to A (minor).

Bingo! The chord progression (Am to F then C and G for the chorus) suddenly makes sense when played on guitar. With the speed boost Jagger's voice sounds more natural and the song now feels like a true rocker...

So I suggest a +3,2% speed boost with Audacity for the track. It used to be 07:09 it's now 06:56 long.
If Chris wants to post it here it'll be great. Otherwise I'll do it tonight.

Thx for reading. grinning smiley

I'll add that bkeys' track sounds like a Jagger rework of a Keith half-baked song idea which is at the very end of CD2 of DAC-112 titled "I Can't See Nobody"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 16:56 by dcba.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:24

dcba
back to Bkey's "nobody" :

as is the song sounds weird. It's in a weird key (G# minor) for used in a rock/guitar band configuration. So I slowed it down to G (where it sounds even more "off" ) then I sped it up to A (minor).

Bingo! The chord progression (Am to F then C and G for the chorus) suddenly makes sense when played on guitar. With the speed boost Jagger's voice sounds more natural and the song now feels like a true rocker...

So I suggest a +3,2% speed boost with Audacity for the track. It used to be 07:09 it's now 06:56 long.
If Chris wants to post it here it'll be great. Otherwise I'll do it tonight.

Thx for reading. grinning smiley

I'll add that bkeys' track sounds like a Jagger rework of a Keith half-baked song idea which is at the very end of CD2 of DAC-112 titled "I Can't See Nobody"

Thanks a lot to dcba for the +3,2 speed boost suggestion for I Can't See Nobody. Works perfectly!

On the end of DAC 112 is a cover version of Gregory Isaac's If I Don't Have You
(mistitled as I Can't See Nobody), the first lines sung by Ronnie Wood, then KR sets in. Reportedly one of KR's favourite songs around the time and probably a strong influence on I Can't See Nobody.

Sounds like an embryonic version I Can't See Nobody was already tried out during the songwriting sessions. It's on the end of the (dreadful sounding) Hamngbird Disaster, uncredited after Your Love (starting at around 7.00). But I could be wrong with that suggestion, I'm not a musician.

N

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:40

Thx for the info Neddie!

"probably a strong influence on I Can't See Nobody."
Yup Isaacs's song follows an Am G F progression, "Nobody" has Am then F (much like Dylan's "Hurricane"!!) so they're pretty close.

What's interesting is if you play Isaacs's a whole tone higher you get the exact same chord progression as the main riff of "One Hit" (Bm A G).

So maybe by stretchign things a bit one can say "If I Don't Have You" is the granddaddy of "One Hit"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 17:56 by dcba.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:24

(I Can't See ) Nobody (Speed Corrected + 3,2 with Audacity) Thanks to dcba
WeTransfer
available until april 17.

and agreed far better this way thumbs up

HMN

Date: April 13, 2015 09:05

I don't often post (but a looong time member & fan)...

I'm loving this stuff, so letme be the first to ask -

Let's have 'Foxes In The Boxes Vol.4'!

What would it take to see another 9 tracks to go with the one bkeys has released already to make up a 4th disc??? Would be nice to round this off!

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:26

Damn, been on holiday and missed vol 3. Any chance of a reload?? Thank you in advance!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:44

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2015 19:29

madshadow
Damn, been on holiday and missed vol 3. Any chance of a reload?? Thank you in advance!

Direct download link in the "rarest outtakes" topic in my sig.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 18, 2015 20:11

Thank you, both!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home