Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Foxes In The Boxes, Vol. Three ?
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 5, 2015 02:26

Rolling Stones * Foxes In The Boxes Vol. Three * Unreleased Emotional Rescue and Undercover Sessions * JEMS (16-bit) (FLAC) on Wetransfer, link valid until April 11th:

MANY THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED!!!!!!!!

[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:27

Woke up this morning and find it on TD, just a perfect day !!

Thanks again for this.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:55

Thanks & praises, Coowouters! xox

Posted by: silence1908 ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:56

Thanks!

Posted by: bkeys ()
Date: April 5, 2015 12:11

[we.tl]

Thank you, JEMS.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2015 12:20

6'16 version of UC ? The "Long" version sent to radios at the same as She Was Hot ? Sound good, thanks! Converted to FLAC : [mega.co.nz]

Sadly "All About You" with Mick on backing vocals isn't on Foxes v3, can you help maybe ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 5, 2015 12:31

downloading on a cammpsite in Holland, Driehuis.
Thanks again
jeroen

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: April 5, 2015 13:07

Would someone please convert all the songs on this boot to FLAC? Would be very much appreciated.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: April 5, 2015 13:32

Flac would be great...

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 5, 2015 13:49

thanks to all involved

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 5, 2015 16:36

Yeah, they should have left the female back ups off "Where The Boys Go" completely, or mixed them WAY down.

This version has so much more power and energy than the over-baked official release.

J

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 5, 2015 18:55

JMARKO
Yeah, they should have left the female back ups off "Where The Boys Go" completely, or mixed them WAY down.

This version has so much more power and energy than the over-baked official release.

J

Exactly my thoughts - both albums - ER and Undercover - could have been much better if they'd only kept it more raw..

Thanks to all involved, fantastic stuff and for me Vol.3 is the highlight smileys with beer

Date: April 5, 2015 20:22

gotdablouse
6'16 version of UC ? The "Long" version sent to radios at the same as She Was Hot ?

The Undercover is not long, but these both sound like the basics of the versions that were leaked out to radio - minus some minor post production effects perhaps.

J

Date: April 5, 2015 20:46

Seriously, that "Where The Boys Go" rivals the intensity of something like Blondie's "One Way Or Another" from the same era. Purportedly their 'competition' at the time. Can only imagine what "She's So Cold" and "Send It To Me" might have sounded like at this stage.

"Summer Romance" is similarly raw compared to the final release, but is still a bit embryonic here. Possibly an upgrade of one of the RCA 1978 versions? Has a lot of Some Girls/78 Tour energy.

The dub and panning effects on this version of "Undercover Of The Night" are a bit more understated. This mix rocks and has some nice chaos towards the end. Too bad it fades out. The radio version has a colder stop I beleive.

I am disappointed that the versions of "Tie You Up"and "Feel On Baby" were not included in these releases, as well as the other Tattoo You tracks. Seemed a lot juicier than, say, retreads of "We Had It All"and "Let's Go Steady" no?

Anyone with insider insight/hints as to the selection process/limitations?

And what precludes a Vol. 4?
(Come on! SOMEONE had to ask! I'll take the heat - I'm not the only one that was thinking these things) winking smiley

J

Date: April 5, 2015 20:55

@silkcut1978_ - nice to see you around, didn't you say you would upload one uncirculated track for each one that was put out there? How about one for each JEMS CD ? ;-)

@JMARKO - I was referring to the 6'16" version uploaded by bkeys this morning at 11.11 not the Foxes v3 version. Upon further listen it sounds a lot like Kimsey's 6'26" "Extended Cheeky Dub".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-05 22:23 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 5, 2015 21:32

gotdablouse

@JMARKO - I was referring to the 6'16" version uploaded by bkeys this morning at 11.11 not the Foxes v2 version. Upon further listen it sounds a lot like Kimsey's 6'26" "Extended Cheeky Dub".

Ugh. Missed that, thought it was just a link for Vol. 3.

Listening now, I think you may be correct.

J

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 5, 2015 22:29

It is with great deep regret that I must inform you Bkeys's version of UC runs a bit fast.
I brought it down to the key of C (the song's key) and it nows last 06:29 instead of 06:16 previously (-3,3% with Audacity for the tech savvy).

Anywa it's a great version so big thx to you BKeys!

Date: April 5, 2015 22:53

dcba
It is with great deep regret that I must inform you Bkeys's version of UC runs a bit fast.
I brought it down to the key of C (the song's key) and it nows last 06:29 instead of 06:16 previously (-3,3% with Audacity for the tech savvy).

06:29 version (-3,3% with Audacity)

[we.tl]

valid until April 12th

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 5, 2015 23:17

Should be 6'26", see above ;-)

--------------

Date: April 5, 2015 23:37

gotdablouse
Should be 6'26", see above ;-)

[we.tl]

valid until April 12th

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 5, 2015 23:38

Thanks to everyone involved since the start, simply awesome work !

I'm just wonderin' if we got a chance to see one day "Hang Fire" and "Miss You" from the cuts we have all heard some weeks ago.

HMN

Date: April 5, 2015 23:47

Thx Chris for doing the job and sharing it! thumbs up

"My" 06:29 version has three seconds of silence at the end so I think we're good to go...

PS : does anyone want a basic chord chart for "Keep It Cool" so you can butcher it at home on guitar ukulele or keyboards (like I did)? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-05 23:53 by dcba.

Date: April 6, 2015 00:14

dcba

"My" 06:29 version has three seconds of silence at the end so I think we're good to go...

Same with my first link smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 6, 2015 01:08

dcba

The "Extended Cheeky Mix" is 6:22.

Has anyone determined that this isn't the same one?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 6, 2015 10:49

bkeys
[we.tl]

Thank you, JEMS.

Thank you for this bkeys - much appreciated. thumbs up

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: April 6, 2015 12:36

JMARKO
dcba

The "Extended Cheeky Mix" is 6:22.

Has anyone determined that this isn't the same one?

As far as I've compared "Extended Cheeky Mix" (Track3 on disc22 of "The Singles 1971-2006" CDS box) and 6'26"version which Chris had posted above, there any deferences are not recognized between both two.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:13

coowouters
Rolling Stones * Foxes In The Boxes Vol. Three * Unreleased Emotional Rescue and Undercover Sessions * JEMS (16-bit) (FLAC) on Wetransfer, link valid until April 11th:

MANY THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED!!!!!!!!

[we.tl]

Thanks a lot for sharing this onethumbs up

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:16

dcba

PS : does anyone want a basic chord chart for "Keep It Cool" so you can butcher it at home on guitar ukulele or keyboards (like I did)? grinning smiley

Yes please !

Need STILL IN LOVE too. Chordify gave me something weird

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 6, 2015 13:50

Listening to dirty workout "What am i gonna do with your love" and the Keith version on Foxes Vol 3, I wonder if FOXES is not on MONO recording ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: April 6, 2015 14:30

Okay a start : the main riff goes from G minor to C (major) and back to G minor.
If you play it on guitar
Still working on the chorus.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home