Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Foxes In The Boxes, Vol. Three ?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2015 16:41

back to Bkey's "nobody" :

as is the song sounds weird. It's in a weird key (G# minor) for used in a rock/guitar band configuration. So I slowed it down to G (where it sounds even more "off" ) then I sped it up to A (minor).

Bingo! The chord progression (Am to F then C and G for the chorus) suddenly makes sense when played on guitar. With the speed boost Jagger's voice sounds more natural and the song now feels like a true rocker...

So I suggest a +3,2% speed boost with Audacity for the track. It used to be 07:09 it's now 06:56 long.
If Chris wants to post it here it'll be great. Otherwise I'll do it tonight.

Thx for reading. grinning smiley

I'll add that bkeys' track sounds like a Jagger rework of a Keith half-baked song idea which is at the very end of CD2 of DAC-112 titled "I Can't See Nobody"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 16:56 by dcba.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:24

dcba
back to Bkey's "nobody" :

as is the song sounds weird. It's in a weird key (G# minor) for used in a rock/guitar band configuration. So I slowed it down to G (where it sounds even more "off" ) then I sped it up to A (minor).

Bingo! The chord progression (Am to F then C and G for the chorus) suddenly makes sense when played on guitar. With the speed boost Jagger's voice sounds more natural and the song now feels like a true rocker...

So I suggest a +3,2% speed boost with Audacity for the track. It used to be 07:09 it's now 06:56 long.
If Chris wants to post it here it'll be great. Otherwise I'll do it tonight.

Thx for reading. grinning smiley

I'll add that bkeys' track sounds like a Jagger rework of a Keith half-baked song idea which is at the very end of CD2 of DAC-112 titled "I Can't See Nobody"

Thanks a lot to dcba for the +3,2 speed boost suggestion for I Can't See Nobody. Works perfectly!

On the end of DAC 112 is a cover version of Gregory Isaac's If I Don't Have You
(mistitled as I Can't See Nobody), the first lines sung by Ronnie Wood, then KR sets in. Reportedly one of KR's favourite songs around the time and probably a strong influence on I Can't See Nobody.

Sounds like an embryonic version I Can't See Nobody was already tried out during the songwriting sessions. It's on the end of the (dreadful sounding) Hamngbird Disaster, uncredited after Your Love (starting at around 7.00). But I could be wrong with that suggestion, I'm not a musician.

N

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 10, 2015 17:40

Thx for the info Neddie!

"probably a strong influence on I Can't See Nobody."
Yup Isaacs's song follows an Am G F progression, "Nobody" has Am then F (much like Dylan's "Hurricane"!!) so they're pretty close.

What's interesting is if you play Isaacs's a whole tone higher you get the exact same chord progression as the main riff of "One Hit" (Bm A G).

So maybe by stretchign things a bit one can say "If I Don't Have You" is the granddaddy of "One Hit"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-10 17:56 by dcba.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:24

(I Can't See ) Nobody (Speed Corrected + 3,2 with Audacity) Thanks to dcba
WeTransfer
available until april 17.

and agreed far better this way thumbs up

HMN

Date: April 13, 2015 09:05

I don't often post (but a looong time member & fan)...

I'm loving this stuff, so letme be the first to ask -

Let's have 'Foxes In The Boxes Vol.4'!

What would it take to see another 9 tracks to go with the one bkeys has released already to make up a 4th disc??? Would be nice to round this off!

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:26

Damn, been on holiday and missed vol 3. Any chance of a reload?? Thank you in advance!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 18, 2015 18:44

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2015 19:29

madshadow
Damn, been on holiday and missed vol 3. Any chance of a reload?? Thank you in advance!

Direct download link in the "rarest outtakes" topic in my sig.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 18, 2015 20:11

Thank you, both!!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home