Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"LIFE" - KEITH RICHARDS - SIGNED, NEW, UNREAD FIRST EDITION HARDBACK WITH PROOF
Posted by: MusicBoy ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:54

I am finally selling my own signed, brand new, unread, hardback copy of "LIFE" by Keith Richards. This is the 2010 USA first edition from Little and Brown.

I attended Keith's only event in the USA for the launch of his award winning book - a one hour interview with Anthony DeCurtis of Rolling Stone magazine at the New York Public Library. I offer my event receipt and other items as proof of authenticity. No "self made certificate of authenticity" fakery here. Please see the multiple photos for proof of the brand new condition.

Proof of a real signature seems pretty hard to come by and so prices seem to be all over the map. The guide price is in the middle and I am open to an offer. Thanks for looking and it is much appreciated.

[www.ebay.com]?

Re: "LIFE" - KEITH RICHARDS - SIGNED, NEW, UNREAD FIRST EDITION HARDBACK WITH PROOF
Date: March 10, 2015 03:54

You paid $90 for his autograph?!?! Amazing!

Re: "LIFE" - KEITH RICHARDS - SIGNED, NEW, UNREAD FIRST EDITION HARDBACK WITH PROOF
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 10, 2015 06:17

I coulda got one of my own the one day I forgot my credit card at home. Keith Richards.com was selling signed copies for a limited time that morning. And I had one in the basket, then realized I had no credit card. Worst day ever. I coulda had an autographed copy. Kicking myself for that day still.

Date: March 10, 2015 06:22

You can't read?!?!?! Amazing!

Two tickets to the one off in-person event in the US with Keith Richards cost $90 total...including two signed books. The one I parted with soon sold for $800...c'est la vie!

Date: March 11, 2015 00:38

MusicBoy
You can't read?!?!?! Amazing!

Two tickets to the one off in-person event in the US with Keith Richards cost $90 total...including two signed books. The one I parted with soon sold for $800...c'est la vie!

Okay, first...Rude.

Secondly, just was taking a quick glimpse at the eBay page and noticed the price immediately, Jeremy. Seems a bit unfair to sell one for $961.20 (including shipping), but hey, I get it. At least it's not like the time I thought I got Bill Wyman's autograph for $90, but it was a forgery (I got my money back).

Gonna bite my tongue before I say anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 00:38 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Date: March 11, 2015 22:43

Please just understand that if you freely choose to just anonymously publish a RUDE commentary well then, common sense says do not be surprised if you get a reply. You shot off first.

Your negative experience buying a fake Bill Wyman signature from another buyer is entirely separate from me and my offered signed Keith Richards book. The two items and sellers have absolutely nothing to do with each other - nada, zilch, nacht. I do sympathize with you and am glad you got your money back.

Please don't let the one negative event impact your thoughts here - thank you! :-)

Date: March 12, 2015 00:46

MusicBoy
Please just understand that if you freely choose to just...publish a RUDE commentary...do not be surprised if you get a reply. You shot off first.

Your negative experience buying a fake Bill Wyman signature from another buyer is entirely separate from me and my offered signed Keith Richards book...I do sympathize with you and am glad you got your money back.

Please don't let the one negative event impact your thoughts here - thank you! :-)

I am not comparing them, I never accused you of selling a forgery, I was simply keeping a conversation going. That event did not negatively impact me (once I got over it... smiling smiley ), but I was merely commenting on how I was impressed that you were able to acquire 2 tickets to see (to CLARIFY, meet/get a signature from...?) Keith for just $90! I was admiring that fact, not critiquing it.

This is not the first time one of my comments (made with good intent) had been misinterpreted on IORR... The Internet's an amazing thing, except you can't exactly express statements through words quite like you can vocally.

Date: March 12, 2015 01:35

Thank you for kindly clarifying your intent was to be kind (and not otherwise).

Yes, email does have it's limitations. This is especially so when communicating a writer's intent. One man's praise can be another man's critique.

We all live in email's "glass house" so we must all be careful.

Thanks again and enjoy your music! :-)

Date: March 14, 2015 18:38

MusicBoy
Thank you for kindly clarifying your intent was to be kind (and not otherwise).

Yes, email does have it's limitations. This is especially so when communicating a writer's intent. One man's praise can be another man's critique.

We all live in email's "glass house" so we must all be careful.

Thanks again and enjoy your music! :-)

Nicely sai--typed. smiling smiley

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 15, 2015 14:13

No book signings here in Belgium....

But I got to get my copy signed by the man himself on another occasion.
And that's where the problems usually start! Suppose I want to sell it (I'll never will, but just suppose....); how can I prove it's not a fake????

It was just the 2 of us in a room, no witnesses, no pictures.

You are able to provide enough proof, so the buyer will not have to worry smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home