Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: Rod Stewart and Ron Wood Harris Sound Studio July 69 GLIM002 CD FRIENDLY on Wetransfer
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: January 28, 2015 12:29

Here's the Wetransfer link, valid until February 4th:
[we.tl]

Rank Stranger
THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON DIME" THREAD new
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 28, 2015 11:05

This could be fun:

Hi Gang

Here is the first offering of a batch of tapes offered by my friend Glimmerman to transfer and upload for your pleasure.

All the thanx go to him.
For digging deep in his vaults.
For sending me the tapes.
AND FOR TAPING THESE SHOWS!

This tape is a first generation tape of a recording that took place in July 69 in a recording studio owned by B. HARRIS and recorded by the man.
So this is a UNRELEASED STUDIO TAPE! (It was not recorded by Glimmerman).

Well, I guess it was … unreleasable!!!
The boys are having fun, bashing on some acoustic guitars and "singing" some "tunes"!
It's a piece of history and quite collectible.
There are two guitars sometimes, so who's the second guitarist? Rod?

You will find in the folder photos of the tape with the "tracklisting" handwritten on the box.
It was named "NOT NOT INSANE"
Well it's all in the title...

It was quite difficult to discern a song from another and to recognize them as they were quite in a jamming mood.
I tracked 14 tracks but I might have mastered it differently.
It's a raw transfer from the tape. No EQ, no Noise Reduction. No speed correction needed.
This version is CD friendly. 16/44100.

Anyway, enjoy this rarity and have fun.

Stay tuned, always more to come!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Could be this:
690700B July: New York, some unidentified studio or hotelroom. Jam-session. Incl.
- Sweet Georgia Brown (Maceo Pinkard/Ben Bernie/Kenneth Casey)
- unidentified folksong 1
- unidentified blues (jam?)
- Down By The Riverside (Trad.)
- The Ballad Of Bonnie & Clyde (Mitch Murray/Peter Callandar)
- jam
- unidentified folksong 2
- blues jam
- jam ("I Love My Pretty Baby" )
Line-up: RW (gtr)/Rod Stewart (voc)/& others (gtr, voc)

info taken from nzentgraf

Chris from Belgium

Re: Post: Rod Stewart and Ron Wood Harris Sound Studio July 69 GLIM002 CD FRIENDLY on Wetransfer
Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: January 28, 2015 13:08

Many thanks!

Re: Post: Rod Stewart and Ron Wood Harris Sound Studio July 69 GLIM002 CD FRIENDLY on Wetransfer
Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: January 28, 2015 13:50

Thanx to myself...

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: January 28, 2015 14:51

Great tapes, thank you! I presume it was recorded over something else as I detect a little "Helter Skelter" creeping underneath a link somewhere towards the middle. I can't wait to hear the rest of what's out there.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 28, 2015 17:09

Thx to you and Fortilix for sharing it in the 1st place! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-28 17:12 by dcba.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: January 28, 2015 17:11

fortilix
Thanx to myself...

Of course many thanks to fortilix, the original uploader to DIME!!!!!
(my apologies, but I didn't see that you were not included in the info text posted by Rank Stranger in the "THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON DIME" THREAD" sad smiley )

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: January 28, 2015 17:15

Thanks! smileys with beer

------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: January 28, 2015 17:29

Thanks.

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: January 28, 2015 18:04

Thank You! It is beautiful

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 28, 2015 18:12

thanks Chris & fortilix

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:12

Merci !

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 29, 2015 00:25

Thanks fortilix and also Rank Stranger & coowouters! thumbs up

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 29, 2015 09:02

Thank you. Chris,Fortilix,& Rank Strangersmileys with beer. I am intrigued by what is to come.

Date: March 26, 2016 23:36

I downloaded this at the time but wanted to transfer it to disk, now I can't find the files. Is anyone open to trade for this CD or re-up please?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: March 27, 2016 07:57

Thanx Chris for uploading this funny tape here.

That's for all those who keep their tapes hidden under the bed or do not share their "official" boots and insult me when I tell them what I think...

I don't want to start again that sterile conversation with those sad people, they know who they are!

Just spread the good vibes for free! Have a drink (or two) and enjoy!!!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 12:31

We-trans say in 25min
drinking smiley

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 13:08

New link
[we.tl]
Verfügbar bis 4. April 2016
smileys with beer

Date: March 28, 2016 21:47

Thanks fantastic! Thank you very much Broesel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home