Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes and History of Leaks
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 8, 2017 16:07

gotdablouse
StonyRoad
about the B&B 6 hours, I got a 4 cdrs versions of the Rotterdam rehearsals ...it's that what you was thinking about?

Doubt it, that's probably a transfer of the old 90' cassettes apparently recorded by dropping a mic in the RSM's mailbox in Rotterdam in 75 ;-)

There were rumors of B2B sessions floating around as early as 08/97 (rumor used by scammer Hans Mulders out of Holland...) but no one's ever commented publicly on them AFAIK, unlike for the 2002 Paris sessions for which we have some first hand comments.
a mic in the mailbox! too much funny

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:24

blakeeik
Monsoon Ragoon
This faded out early version of Tie You Up is new to me. I think it has nothing to do with the two long versions issued on several boot cds.

[www.youtube.com]

I think this one too, Too Much Blood, very early, 10'17 but still faded out. But I can't check my Cds etc. at the moment

[www.youtube.com]

also new & not bootlegged - All The Way Down (new) I very early version

[www.youtube.com]

Wanna Hold You with count-in - new/unbootlegged (?)

[www.youtube.com]

At first listen I believe all of these to be the same versions as on Jamming with Stu

I don't think so. www.nzentgraf.de lists also unreleased versions if Tie You Up and All The Way Down. This TYU is totally different to the two long demos IMO. Zentgraf didn't list them a few years back.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 8, 2017 18:45

Hopefully 2017 will unleash some unheard studio material, if collectors are holding on to them,then fine, I respect what they had to do in obtaining these recordings. What would be respectful if people could reveal what is out there and let it be known what material actually exists rather than let others speculate. So if you are in possession of some unreleased or unheard material.Is it a problem to let people know what exists?

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: January 9, 2017 02:34

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't think so. www.nzentgraf.de lists also unreleased versions if Tie You Up and All The Way Down. This TYU is totally different to the two long demos IMO. Zentgraf didn't list them a few years back.

Monsoon, I was able to align places of both audio tracks perfectly (the youtube version and Jamming with Stu) and I think they are undoubtedly the same version. the youtube version sounds to be a remastered edit with less noise and more EQ.

Looking a t Zentgraf, he mentions a "III" version with more falsetto and backup vocals. I have not heard that one, but it does not sounds like any of these. Do you have a reason to think that it is?

Thanks

Date: January 9, 2017 11:20

blakeeik
Monsoon Ragoon

Monsoon, I was able to align places of both audio tracks perfectly (the youtube version and Jamming with Stu) and I think they are undoubtedly the same version. the youtube version sounds to be a remastered edit with less noise and more EQ.

Looking a t Zentgraf, he mentions a "III" version with more falsetto and backup vocals. I have not heard that one, but it does not sounds like any of these. Do you have a reason to think that it is?

Thanks

Okay then I was wrong.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 9, 2017 23:57

blakeeik

Thanks

Maybe that's the one for which bkeyes shared a snippet ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: January 10, 2017 01:52

gotdablouse
blakeeik

Thanks

Maybe that's the one for which bkeyes shared a snippet ?

Yes! That must be it! Thanks for reminding me that I had heard that before smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2017 01:48

All links checked and fixed as appropriate, ready for the some new unreleased tracks that could surface in 2017 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 25, 2017 19:32

Does anybody has an idea why some takes discovered a couple of years ago are not touched by bootleggers, e.g. Heartbeat?

Date: February 25, 2017 21:23

Isn't Heartbeat incomplete ?

Other than OBR's "Keep it Cool" on Vinyl I just came across the other day I haven't seen boots of Foxes come out ?

--------------

Date: March 16, 2017 18:40

Great news, out of the blue we're getting the "The Virchov Tape" courtesy of blakeeik with the following content : MID-OCTOBER, 1982, PRE-PRODUCTION SESSION, PATHE-MARCONI, EMI STUDIOS, PARIS :
1 Wanna Hold You
2 She Was Hot ("country version")
3-4 Can’t Find Love (released with Foxes in Boxes)
5-8 What I Am Saying Is True (title is not certain, excerpts from the same take)

Details here : [iorr.org]

Links :
- WT : [we.tl] (courtesy of coowouters) expires March 23rd
- Mega : [mega.nz]

What a refreshing listen ! It's hard to believe the UC sessions were off to such a friendly start between Mick and Keith (pretty moving to hear them sing their heads off together!) only to finish in agony during the mixing sessions when they couldn't agree on anything! It was so bad that Kimsey decided to stop working with the Stones (after all he'd gone through over the past 10+ years) and Mick had to promise him in 1989 that they would work "fast" on SW to get him back on board ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 22:56 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 17, 2017 00:37

Thanks Blake !!!!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 17, 2017 06:04

thank you very much !!!!!

Date: March 17, 2017 10:25

Monsoon Ragoon
blakeeik
Monsoon Ragoon
This faded out early version of Tie You Up is new to me. I think it has nothing to do with the two long versions issued on several boot cds.

[www.youtube.com]

I think this one too, Too Much Blood, very early, 10'17 but still faded out. But I can't check my Cds etc. at the moment

[www.youtube.com]

also new & not bootlegged - All The Way Down (new) I very early version

[www.youtube.com]

Wanna Hold You with count-in - new/unbootlegged (?)

[www.youtube.com]

At first listen I believe all of these to be the same versions as on Jamming with Stu

That was completely nonsense. These are the "released" bootleg versions.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2017 02:59

gotdablouse
Great news, out of the blue we're getting the "The Virchov Tape" courtesy of blakeeik with the following content : MID-OCTOBER, 1982, PRE-PRODUCTION SESSION, PATHE-MARCONI, EMI STUDIOS, PARIS :
1 Wanna Hold You
2 She Was Hot ("country version")
3-4 Can’t Find Love (released with Foxes in Boxes)
5-8 What I Am Saying Is True (title is not certain, excerpts from the same take)

Details here : [iorr.org]

Links :
- WT : [we.tl] (courtesy of coowouters) expires March 23rd
- Mega : [mega.nz]

What a refreshing listen ! It's hard to believe the UC sessions were off to such a friendly start between Mick and Keith (pretty moving to hear them sing their heads off together!) only to finish in agony during the mixing sessions when they couldn't agree on anything! It was so bad that Kimsey decided to stop working with the Stones (after all he'd gone through over the past 10+ years) and Mick had to promise him in 1989 that they would work "fast" on SW to get him back on board ;-)

I can't get enough of this kind of stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Date: March 18, 2017 15:42

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing the UC tapes!

Date: August 14, 2017 23:30

Some more UC sessions have seen the light of the day : [iorr.org]

- The Golden Mile 00:08:15
- Christine 00:02:23
- Dance Mr K 00:02:13
- Forty 00:04:28
- Heartbeat 00:03:15
- Identification 00:06:41
- In Your Hand 00:04:41
- All About You (Train Song) 00:04:24

--------------

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 15, 2017 01:30

Stay alert
The rskinno upload has even more

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2017 10:27

Yes MH, with my little eye I see... :

- Christine (07.09)
- Forty/Flirty (8.33)
- Keep It Cool I (27.05)
- Show Me A Woman (aka In Your Hand 05.40)

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 15, 2017 14:54

dcba
Yes MH, with my little eye I see... :

- Christine (07.09)
- Forty/Flirty (8.33)
- Keep It Cool I (27.05)
- Show Me A Woman (aka In Your Hand 05.40)

A hint where to find those tracks?

Date: August 15, 2017 15:33

Munich has spilled most of the beans... Check Rskinno's very recent posts in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. the nuggets are here.

As Herr Hoffman used to write in BN : it's "a true sensation"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 15:36 by dcba.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:40

dcba
Munich has spilled most of the beans... Check Rskinno's very recent posts in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. the nuggets are here.

As Herr Hoffman used to write in BN : it's "a true sensation"!

Thanks...took me some time but finally spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 15, 2017 20:33

It was worth it, wasn't it? The ever discreet Rskinno deserves a huge "thank you".

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 15, 2017 20:38

dcba
It was worth it, wasn't it? The ever discreet Rskinno deserves a huge "thank you".
Agree 100%

Date: August 15, 2017 20:42

Aha, I did see that post yesterday but no tracklist and couldn't download the 4 gigs at the time, on my way there now !

--------------

Date: January 14, 2018 14:46

gotdablouse
That leaves out "Cookin' Up", the old "untitled" from the original UC leak where I always heard "Still in Love" repeatedly so why it's called "Cookin' Up" I have no idea! In DAC-109 #2 (a copy of the original UC leak) it's incorrectly called "In Your Hand".

A bit of a long shot but am I the only one hearing parts of "Cooking'Up" in "I Can't Help It"/"Love you Too Much" ? It seems they started to revisit that riff for the UC sessions with "What I Am Sayin' is True"...they sure put in a lot of work on that track that never saw the light of day !

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 16:38 by gotdablouse.

Date: January 14, 2018 15:21

gotdablouse
gotdablouse
That leaves out "Cookin' Up", the old "untitled" from the original UC leak where I always heard "Still in Love" repeatedly so why it's called "Cookin' Up" I have no idea! In DAC-109 #2 (a copy of the original UC leak) it's incorrectly called "In Your Hand".

A bit of a long shot but am I the only hearing parts of "Cooking'Up" in "I Can't Help It"/"Love you Too Much" ? It seems they started to revisit that riff for the UC sessions with "What I Am Sayin' is True"...they sure put in a lot of work on that track that never saw the light of day !

In 1982 they didn't know that an update of the "normal" 1977/78 version of I Love You Too Much would be released in 2011 ;-) So they fooled around and maybe have used parts of the track in new embryonic songs. There's also an instrumental that sounds similar to I Love You Too Much from the 1982 sessions, but I wouldn't call it a version of ILYTM. It's known as Run And Take or I Love You Too Much V.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 16:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 14, 2018 16:43

Yes, "Run and Take" seems to be another variation on that theme...and if you take a step back "Munich Hilton" could have been an even earlier version too.

There aren't that many themes/songs that have spanned so many years like that, "Still In Love" would be another one, since they apparently even resurrected it for the 2002 sessions in Paris !

--------------

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 13, 2018 17:41

gotdablouse,

could you update the first entry (the one with the chronological order).
I have lost the overview. What is out and can be found where? If you
have the time...grinning smiley That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Date: April 15, 2018 00:10

TooTough
gotdablouse,

could you update the first entry (the one with the chronological order).
I have lost the overview. What is out and can be found where? If you
have the time...grinning smiley That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't hurt to add the 2002 sessions, too! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home