Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes and History of Leaks (as of 06/2022)
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2014 11:32

UPDATED 20220623
1. RAREST OF THE STUDIO OUTTAKES SINCE 2003
Until December 2014 the last time we OCD outtakes collectors had a major release to sink our teeth into was when the Chuch Magee 1989 tapes appeared in August 2006 but some had surfaced in recent years and I'm sure we all miss a few from time to time so this thread was started in early December as an attempt to list them and share download links on Mega*. Amazingly enough this thread saw the unveiling on 05/12/2014 of new unknown outtakes/songs thanks to one bkeys, snippets only from the 1982 Paris sessions mostly, but the 30 snippets he shared were a dream come true for this fan and I'm sure most any Stones' fan! Then in March JEMS torrented three CDs in the "Foxes In The Boxes" series with full versions of some of these snippets and other songs and then JMARKO shared a 30' rehearsal tape from 1975. For details on all of these wonderful "leaks" see the entries below.

Since the summer of 2017 we have our fellow member Mr.D to thank for sharing some of his amazing treasures as these tapes were about to be sold by bootleggers on CDs. First some unknown 1982 outtakes in August 2017, then some unknown 2002 outtakes in April 2018 and the first extract from 1982 sourced from the "Art Collins Tapes" for Christmas 2018, with the full set (138 tracks) to cheer us up at the start of the pandemic in March 2020. Things had been quiet since, but in February 2021 a 3 CD collection called "Fully Finished Outtakes" was announced with some very promising material. Enjoy and keep the leaks coming guys, thanks!

2022 :
June 23rd, 2022 : after hearing that Mick had gotten ill and that three SIXTY shows had to be cancelled, forum member glimmerman kindly shared a new unknown track called "Fragile (like china)", a touching Mick and Keith duet that has yet to be dated (1985 possibly). The topic is here [iorr.org] and the track can be downloaded here [mega.nz] when the original link expires.

2021 :
August 25th : In honor of Charlie, glimmerman shared this unknown version of "Alright Charlie" from the Voodoo Lounge 93/94 sessions, the fist one with vocals, details here [iorr.org] - the original download has expired so it can be found here now : [mega.nz]

March 30th : Another nice surprise in 2021 with IORR member Davie137 sharing 7 new unbooted tracks from 1982, 1993 and 1997 with two songs not previously known of : "Ronnie's Song" and "Don't Want Somebody Else" (not the similarly titled 1985 track). Details and download links here [iorr.org] 2022 Update : original post has been edited out so you can download the tracks here [mega.nz] - Tracks : 1. Undercover 2. Ronnie's Song 3. You Got Me Rockin' 4. Juiced 5. Low Down 6. Don't Want Somebody Else 7. Saint Of Me

February 21st : Out of the blue we got a "What is This" post [iorr.org] in the "Hot Stuff" section (it has now turned into the hilarious "Post your email thread" as many people misunderstood a comment by a poster and completely ignored the posts patiently explaining that nothing was available for download...yet) followed by this one [iorr.org] more appropriately titled : "New Outtakes Collection From Japan" about an incredible 3xCD set called "Fully Finished Outtakes" with a mixture of known tracks, rumored tracks and completely unknown tracks, 50 in total ranging from 1967 to 1994 [iorr.org]. March 4th : The cat is out of the bag, head here for the FLAC version : [iorr.org]

2020 :
March 31st : Courtesy of Mr.D [iorr.org] we got the full "Art Collins Tapes" ! The tracks are too numerous to mention here since there are 138 of them but I will refer to this excellent post by blakeeik that does a great job at sorting things out : [iorr.org]. Available here as "Bird's Vaults" Vol I-VI : [iorr.org]

2018 :
December 12th : Courtesy of Mr.D [iorr.org] we started getting some rare treats (the first one was "Dog Shit" a distant cousin of "Munich Hilton"/"I Can't Help It"/"Love you Too Much" with horns !) from 1982 sourced from the "Art Collins Tapes" (former head of Rolling Stones Records) totalling almost 150 songs (and variations) that apparently got sold on eBay (circa 2005) and were acquired by a group of collectors before they trickled down the "chain". Other tracks started appearing on OBR's "Rare Birds 1,2&3".

April 9th : Courtesy of Mr.D [iorr.org] we got unknown (well not by that time since a former IORR member had been "offering them for trade" for a few months...) 2002 tracks from the Paris sessions that produced the 4 new 40 licks tracks : Just Before (early version of Keith's "Trouble"), Dreams, Cried Out (prototype of "Laugh I Nearly Died"), Because (early version of Keith's "Trouble" with 5+ minutes of great studio banter), Love is a Test, When I Call Your Name, U Don't Wanna (prototype of "Driving Too Fast"). Available here in "The Real Licks Album" : [iorr.org]

2017 :
July 31st : Courtesy of Mr.D [iorr.org] we got unknown 1977/1982 outtakes : The Golden Mile, Christine, Dance Mr K, Forty, Heartbeat, Identification, In Your Hand, All About You (aka "Train Song", with Mick on backing vocals) - we had gotten snippets earlier from coowouters : [iorr.org]

March 16th : Great news, out of the blue we're getting the "The Virchov Tape" courtesy of blakeeik with the following content : MID-OCTOBER, 1982, PRE-PRODUCTION SESSION, PATHE-MARCONI, EMI STUDIOS, PARIS :
1 Wanna Hold You
2 She Was Hot ("country version")
3-4 Can’t Find Love (released with Foxes in Boxes)
5-8 What I Am Saying Is True (title is not certain, excerpts from the same take)

More details here : [iorr.org]

Download links :
- WT : [we.tl] (courtesy of coowouters) expires March 23rd
- Mega : [mega.nz]

2015 :
April 8th : bkeys shares "Beside You" "Nobody"/("I Can't See Nobody" ) *, which after some confusion (my bad) turns out to be the some sort of "missing link" between the existing jam around Gregory Isaacs' "I want nobody else" (previously available on High Temperature) and "One Hit (to the body)" from Dirty Work.
- Download link : Speed corrected version (dcba/Honestman, see [www.iorr.org]) : [mega.nz] (Original upload by bkeys : [mega.nz])

* 22/04 Update : to be in sync with NZ's "Complete Works" (Entry 850115A in 1985 [www.nzentgraf.de]) retitled to "Beside You". That phrase comes back often and is found (Track #8) on Ronnie's list of DW tracks recently auctioned, see page 5 [www.iorr.org]

April 4th : Unreleased Emotional Rescue and Undercover Sessions on "Foxes In The Boxes, Vol. Three" (JEMS)
- Link to the original Trader's Den torrent : [www.thetradersden.org]
- Link to the IORR post with liner notes : [www.iorr.org]
- Download link : Mega : [mega.nz]
-Tracklist :
01 Indian Girl
02 Emotional Rescue
03 No Use In Crying
04 I Think I’m Going Mad
05 Where The Boys Go
06 Summer Romance
07 Undercover Of The Night
08 We Had It All
09 She Was Hot
Bonus Track
10: Keep It Cool (long version, pitch adjusted and remastered)

March 30th : JMARKO shares the Montauk 1975 Rehearsals, see details here : [www.iorr.org]
- Download links : Converted to FLAC : [mega.nz] - Split and Improved by rskinno : [mega.nz]
- Tracklist :
01 Jam 1 : 5'21"
02 Melody (MJ/KR) : 7'39"
03 Jungle Man (Modeliste/Neville/Nocentelli/Porter) : 11'56"
04 Jenny, Jenny (Little Richard) : 3'22"
05 Jam 2 : 5'15"

March 21st : Dirty Work Sessions: Pathé Marconi Studios, Paris, France, February 1985 on "Foxes In The Boxes, Vol. Two" (JEMS)
- Link to the original Dime torrent : [www.dimeadozen.org]
- Link to the Dime Torrent Details on IORR : [www.iorr.org]
- Download link on Mega : [mega.nz]
- Tracklist :
01 Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever
02 Talk Is Cheap
03 What Am I Supposed To Do
04 Stick It Where It Hurts
05 Can’t Cut The Mustard 1
06 Can’t Cut The Mustard 2
07 Can’t Cut The Mustard 3 (fragment)
08 Victor Hugo

March 20th : FijiKeys shares on page 7 an unknown version of Melody, a 6'11" rehearsal from 1975.
Link : FLAC/Mega : [mega.nz]

March 20th : bkeys who had shared the snippets back in December has just shared the 20 minute version of "Keep It Cool" on page 7
Link : FLAC/Mega : [mega.nz]

March 15th : Unreleased Emotional Rescue, Undercover and Keith Richards Solo Sessions on "Foxes In The Boxes Vol. 1" (JEMS) shared on Dime by BK and mjk5510 with research provided by "N".
- Link to the original Dime torrent : [www.dimeadozen.org]
- Link to the IORR post with the Dime torrent details : [www.iorr.org]
- Download link on Mega : [mega.nz]
- CD Artwork : [www.iorr.org]
- Tracklist :
01 Neighbours
02 Let's Go Steady Again
03 Tried To Talk Her Into It
04 Keep It Cool
05 Can't Find Love 1
06 Can't Find Love 2
07 Eliza
08 High School Girl
09 Stop That
10 All I Have To Do Is Dream (false start)
11 All I Have To Do Is Dream (full take)
12 Piano Fragment (Intro to Oh What A Feeling)

2014 :
- "She Was Hot" (extended - 6'57") - uploaded on 10/12/2014 here [www.iorr.org] in excellent quality. It was previously only available as a recording from the WYSP Radio broadcast in 1983 with or without the DJ Voiceover. (For completeness here is the other WYSP broadcast, an alternate version of Undercover: [mega.nz])
Download : [mega.nz]

- "The Fabulous Cuts of 2014" : Amazingly enough this thread saw the unveiling on 05/12/2014 of new unknown outtakes/songs thanks to one bkeys, snippets only from the 1982 Paris sessions mostly, but the 30 snippets he's shared so far are a dream come true for this fan and I'm sure most any Stones' fan! For guesses at track titles, see below starting here [www.iorr.org].
Download : [mega.nz] - "The Fabulous Cuts" as compiled by Honestman

Here's the tracklist at this point : (* new unknown MJ/KR song)
Part I :
1. "Can’t Find Love I" (MJ/KR) *
2. "When You're Gone" : instrumental
3. "High School Girl" ? (MJ/KR) *
4. "Slave" : "gonna ride your waves"
5. "In Your Hand" (MJ/KR) ? : with a Mick vocal *
6. "Love you Too Much" (MJ/KR) aka I can't Help It : instrumental
7. "Munich Hilton" (MJ/KR) : instrumental
8. "Dirty Work" prototype (MJ/KR) : instrumental
9. "All Mixed Up" ? : instrumental
10. "Miss You"(MJ/KR) : instrumental

Part II :
1. "Heartbeat" (Buddy Holly cover)
2. "Undercover" (MJ/KR)
3. "All About You"(MJ/KR) - Mick on "sick and tired" backing vox !
4. All The Way Down (MJ/KR)
5. Can't Find Love II (MJ/KR) *
6. Feel on Baby (MJ/KR)- Mick echoey vocal
7. Keep It Cool ? (MJ/KR) *
8. Slave
9. The Pain of Love (MJ/KR) - "honey, honey, honey, honey" backing vox.

Part III :
1. "Eliza Upchink" (MJ/KR) (aka as "Back on the Streets Again" )*
2. "Hang Fire" (MJ/KR)
3. "Stop That" (MJ/KR) - (previously known as "Chainsaw Rocker" )
4. Waiting on a Friend (MJ/KR)
5. "Hideaway" - By Freddie King & Sonny Thompson
6. "Still in Love"
7. Blues (MJ/KR) *
8. Instrumental (MJ/KR) - sounds like a Wyman track from the 70s *
9. Just My Imagination - different vocal
10. Lies (MJ/KR)
11. Tried to Talk Her Into It (MJ/KR)

- It's a Lie 2 (1978) : long version clocking in at 5'23" vs the usual 4'40" version that first appeared on OBR's "Paris Results 2" in early 1994. See this thread [www.iorr.org] for more about that song. First made available on the RYF-009 "Black and Blue Outtakes - Definitive Edition" Boot, see [www.iorr.org]

- I Love the Ladies (1975) : long version (6'11" vs 4'41" ) with a second solo that "could" be Jeff Beck. First appeared on the DAC-104 Bootleg but I had missed it. See here [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com] and also this thread [www.iorr.org] for more about the song.

2012 :
- Various snippets of early takes heard in "Crossfire Hurricane" : an early "Good Time Women" for instance
- Just My Imagination I - see [www.iorr.org] for details - download link : [mega.nz]

2011 :
- The Nicky Hopkins Tape : first mentioned here [www.iorr.org]. It was probably leaked from his estate (or during the Exile rerelease project?), includes "All Down The Line", "I Am Not Signifying", "Rip This Joint", "Rocks Off", "Soul Survivor", and a very nice instrumental that can be heard here : [www.iorr.org]. A great write-up about this tape and how the released tracks changed : [www.iorr.org]

2009 :
- I'll Let You Know I (piano intro) (1978) - Apparently recorded during sessions at the RCA Studios in August/September 1978 for no apparent reason, other than possibly (Gazza's theory) to stockpile on tracks in case Keith went to the slammer, re the Toronto incident. "I'll Let You Know II (guitar intro)" had been available for at least 20 years as "I'll Let You Know", notably on a Keith solo outtakes boot called "Not Guilty" but for some reason the "piano intro" version only surfaced on Dime around 2009. See this thread [www.iorr.org] for a discussion about "I"ll Let You Know".
Download : [mega.nz] (I'll Let You Know I and II)

2007 :
- Danger Up Ahead (1987) : Mick Jagger solo outtake with Jeff Beck. Had apparently appeared on Dime in 2005.The only unreleased Mick Jagger solo song AFAIK. Has a bit of "Highwire" in it no ? Not his most inspired track but it's very interesting to hear how these pro musicians work with a first run through and then a second "embellished" version. More about these sessions here [www.iorr.org].
Download : [mega.co.nz] (with Gangster's Moll)

- Gangster's Moll (1987) : Mick Jagger solo outtake with Jeff Beck, same source as above. This is a reworking of the great "classic" 1979 outtake that first appeared on the "Lonely at the Top" boot. Somehow it doesn't work as well, especially the bridge that sounds a bit "corny".
Download : [mega.nz] (with Danger Up Ahead)

Back in 1991 Dieter Hoffman listed that song (as well as "Ready Yourself" and "Giving it Up" ) in his "Weissbuch" as being attempted by the Stones during the "Steel Wheels" sessions, but its absence from the "Chuch Magee Tapes" and the existence of this Mick solo version recorded in 1987 could point to some confusion about this, i.e. Mick's "Gangster's Moll" may have ended up on a tape that "made the rounds" and assumed to be from the SW sessions. In fact ChrisM reviewed the "SW version" of GM for Skippy's SFM back in 1998 but remained coy about his source, I must still have my copy somewhere.

2006 :
- The Chuch Magee 1989 Steel Wheels sessions tapes : first appeared on the Rocks Off Board in August 2006, see [www.rocksoff.org] (or here [www.iorr.org] on IORR), an awesome memory ! It included new tracks "For Your Precious Love" and "Ready Yourself" (instrumental version). The poster said he had another tape but only one was uploaded at the time.
Two years later, likely using the other tape, a boot called "Training Wheels" [www.iorr.org] appeared with the new track "Giving It Up" and "Ready Yourself" with a Keith vocal this time.
Download : Part 1 : [mega.nz] Part 2 : [mega.nz]

2000 :
- Never Stop (early version of "Start Me Up" ) : at long last the early version of SMU appeared in Napster of all places (with "Reelin' and Rockin'" from the Chess sessions according to TravellinMan's comment below). It was a bit of a disappointment as it didn't sound very "Reggae" as Martin Elliott had mentioned in the first edition of his book (in hindsight he may have confused it with one of the circulating reggae instrumentals from 1975 like "Munich Reggae" )...possibly because the Stones themselves had repeated many times in interviews that it had ended up as a reggae version before Mick spruced it up with Chris Kimsey in the winter of 1980 in Paris.

Feel free to add to the list !

2. OVERVIEW OF LEAKED OUTTAKES AND UNRELEASED SONGS BETWEEN 2003 and 2021
2021 : Fully Finished Studio Outtakes (Vol I-III) (available here [iorr.org])
2020 : Bird's Vault (OBR-Goldplate) (Vol I-VI) - "Art Collins Tapes" (available here [iorr.org])
2018 : 2002 Paris Sessions (available here [iorr.org])
2015 : Unreleased Emotional Rescue, Undercover and Keith Richards Solo Sessions on "Foxes In The Boxes Vol. 1" (JEMS) shared on Dime by BK and mjk5510 with research provided by "N" (available here [iorr.org])
2011 : Nicky Hopkins tapes, see above for details
2006 : Chuch Magee "Steel Wheels" tapes, see above for details

3. HISTORY OF LEAKED OUTTAKES AND UNRELEASED SONGS PRIOR TO 2003
While we're at it we might as well tack on a section summarizing the history of leaked outtakes prior to 2003 since I don't remember seeing this available elsewhere, let's see:
2001 : Third set of Dirty Work sessions leak on "High Temperature"
1998 : More Undercover outtakes on ""All Mixed Up""
1997 : More Paris 1977/1978 outtakes on "Sheep Dip Blue", Paris Results vol. 3
1996 : Second set of Dirty Work sessions leak on VGPs "Crushed Pearl" and OBR's "Mean Lean Hits"
1996 : Second set of Undercover sessions leak on OBR's "Chainsaw Massacre"
1995 : VL sessions leak on Vigotone's Voodoo Brew, then Voodoo Stew in 1996 and finally on Voodoo Residue in 1997
1994 : Various songs from the 70s leak on "Could You Walk On the Water"
1993 : Paris and Nassau sessions from 1977/78/79 leak on OBR's "Paris Results I" then on Paris Results II in 1994 and finally on "Better Results"
1992 : RCA Sessions of August/September 1978 on the "THE HARDER THEY COME" 2CD boot.

When I started collecting outtakes in 1990 and bought "Hot Wacks", this is what was available now sorted by tentative release date based on boots :

1987 : Tattoo You Sessions : "All Inside Our Crazy Dreams" and "Honky Tonk Heaven"
1986 : Dirty Work Sessions : first batch with "Deep Love", "Stricly Memphis", "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love", "You're Too Much"
1986 : Emotional Rescue sessions : first batch as heard on "Still in Love"
1985 : Undercover Sessions : first batch with "Still in Love", Keith's "Think I'm Going Crazy" on "Goin' Mad and Wild" (RSSLP-002)
1983 : "Lonely At The Top" Boot with outtakes from 1973 to 1979
1982 : Some Girls sessions : first batch as heard on "Some Other Girls", "Spend it So Fast", "All Them Women", etc..
1982 : "Accidents Will Happen" : double LP with Claudine
1978 : Black and Blue Sessions on "Reggae'n'Roll" : probably all sourced from a tape French journalist Daniel Vermeille stole from Keith in Munich in 1975

Does that sound about right ?

* if you're having trouble downloading on Mega I've found a nice PC app to help with downloads : [megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com.es]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 77 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 23:00 by gotdablouse.

Re: LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 2, 2014 12:32

Quite interesting list - what about

Open The Door To Your Heart (Dirty Work)

She Was Hot (very early version, probably Mick on drums)

My Girl (no-strings version)

have they ever appeared on a bootleg?

Date: December 2, 2014 13:10

Dunno, sounds like you may have heard them ? ;-) I've only listed the stuff that's "available", there are countless "rumoured" tracks like those listed in Karnbach's/Videojames' book that no one's heard as well as in the latest version of Martin Elliott's book, including all the Undercover sessions titles he got from Chris Kimsey.

Not sure about "My Girl (no-strings version)", I'm more familiar with the >1968 material. Never heard of "Open The Door To Your Heart" from "Dirty Work", could it be on the "Hammingbird Disaster" tapes ? Google doesn't seem to know about it either. As for "She Was Hot" there are several outtakes and also the "USA FM Radio" version that runs a bit longer.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 17:16 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 2, 2014 13:41

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com] Studio/rehearsals not yet bootlegged

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 15:41 by blakeeik.

Date: December 2, 2014 13:55

Thanks for the links, the idea of this thread though is more to share the new outtakes that have surfaced over the past few years...and will hopefully surface in the (near) future!

Based on the other thread it seems you've heard "It's a Lie 2" ?

--------------

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 2, 2014 14:46

The 3 songs from above surfaced years ago but it seems they haven't been bootleged yet.

There has always been this "inner-trading-circle"-thing - sometimes people want to keep rare things to have something in trade if necessary, others paid a lot of money for something and don't want to have their expensive stuff for free on WeTransfer.

If it wasn't for that reasons we would all have a more complete picture than we have.

Still I'm hoping that somebody might "release" the old 78rpm with "Can't Judge A Book" and the acetate with 2 versions of "Wake Up In The Morning" as I'm more into the really old stuff.

By the way - I've never heard the long version of "It's A Lie" smiling smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 2, 2014 15:11

Can some kind soul please post the Chuch Magee one on wetrans....Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 15:28 by detroitken.

Date: December 2, 2014 15:31

gotdablouse
Based on the other thread it seems you've heard "It's a Lie 2" ?

No, I read about it in The Ultimate Guide. [aeppli.ch]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 2, 2014 16:10

Wasn't the Chuch Magee Steel Wheels Monitor Mix called Training Wheels? Or was that Chuch? I only have them in mp3.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 2, 2014 16:44

Ahhh MrD you have jogged my memory...I have a silver boot called Training Wheels,the artwork has a couple of very scantilly clad(thongs)young ladies...

EDIT...I have "Testing the wheels" which is rehearsals from july&aug...

EDIT2...I have Training Wheels on cdr(most likely mp3)I burned it in jan. 2004 so i dont think its the Chuch tape

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 17:00 by detroitken.

Date: December 2, 2014 17:36

I believe the only source for the SW sessions are these two Chuch Magee C90 tapes. The first one had FYPL and Ready Yourself (inst) was uploaded by bwaudby, a friend (or a friend of a friend) of his widow, with some help from Gazza in August of 2006 see [www.rocksoff.org]. The second one had "Giving It Up" and didn't get shared at that time but appeared on a bootleg a couple of years later so it seems someone "got to it". Anyway we got them in the end ;-)

@silkcut1978_ () - yeah Mathijs already explained a few times how things worked in the old tape trading days, now with the internet it doesn't make as much sense but you gotta do what you gotta do...in the end the stuff will come out I suppose. Like "It's a Lie 2" that's on that boot that razorback just sold on eBay.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 17:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 2, 2014 23:04

gotdablouse

2003 :
- Never Stop (early version of "Start Me Up" ) : at long last the early version of SMU appeared. It was a bit of a disappointment as it didn't sound very "Reggae" as Martin Elliott had mentioned in the first edition of his book (in hingsight he may have confused it with one of the circulating reggae instrumentals from 1975 like "Munich Reggae")...possibly because the Stones themselves had repeated many times in interviews that it had ended up as a reggae version before Mick spruced it up with Chris Kimsey in the winter of 1980 in Paris.

Feel free to add to the list !

Reelin and Pockin first appeared around the same time as Never Stop. Maybe on Keith's birthday.

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:26

I’ll Let You Know I (MJ/KR) -instrumental, piano intro

[www.iorr.org]

...was available before 2003?

confused smiley

Date: December 3, 2014 11:15

Good point, could its availability be dated to 2012 then based on this [www.iorr.org] ?

@TravellinMan - not sure to what version of "Reelin' and Rockin'" version you're referring to? Not the Chess version I assume ?

--------------

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: December 3, 2014 16:15

gotdablouse

@TravellinMan - not sure to what version of "Reelin' and Rockin'" version you're referring to? Not the Chess version I assume ?

I did mean the chess version. I don't recall which boot had it first but I think both cuts - Reelin and Rockin and Never Stop - were made public via napster.

Date: December 3, 2014 20:28

Thanks, I didn't remember that.

I think I might go back a bit in history since there aren't that many "events" in terms of leaks, let's see :

2001 : Third set of Dirty Work sessions leak on "High Temperature"

1996 : Second set of Dirty Work sessions leak on VGPs "Crushed Pearl" and OBR's "Mean Lean Hits"

1996 : Second set of Undercover sessions leak on OBR's "Chainsaw Massacre" and "All Mixed Up"

1995 : VL sessions leak on Vigotone's Voodoo Brew, then Voodoo Stew in 1996 and finally on Voodoo Residue in 1997

1994 : Various songs from the 70s leak on "Could You Walk On the Water"

1993 : Paris and Nassau sessions from 1977/78/79 leak on OBR's "Paris Results I" then on Paris Results II in 1994 and finally on "Better Results"

When I started collecting outtakes in 1990 and bought "Hot Wacks", this is what was avalailable :
- Black and Blue Sessions : probably all sourced from a tape French journalist Daniel Vermeille stole from Keith in Munich in 1975.
- Some Girls sessions : first batch as heard on "More Fast Numbers", etc...
- Emotional Rescue sessions : first batch as heard on "Still in Love"
- Undercover Sessions : first batch with "Still in Love", Keith's "Think I'm Going Crazy"
- Dirty Work Sessions : first batch with "Deep Love", "Stricly Memphis", "What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love", "You're Too Much"

I don't know when they appeared though, I have read that the first set of Dirty Work outtakes leaked on tape very quickly after the sessions, courtesy of Ron Wood apparently.

Does that sound about right ?

--------------

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 4, 2014 01:30

Nice thread.
Those "Ill let you know" outtakes all came on scene at different times but not 2003. I think it was 2009 for the piano version...

Hope that helps

Date: December 5, 2014 00:36

Thanks, I'll add "I"ll Let You Know I" under 2009 then. I suppose the longer instrumental version of "Hot Stuff" could be added too but, to my ears at least, it's less significant than that long version of "I Love Ladies".

--------------

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: December 5, 2014 13:42

gotdablouse..but you updated the list on top of this post or create a new list with new entry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-05 13:42 by hulloder.

Date: December 5, 2014 13:45

Yeah I'll update the first post, give me a couple of hours ;-)

--------------

Re: LIST/POST - Rarest of the Studio Outtakes and History of Leaks
Date: December 5, 2014 15:38

ok, done, and I've added that second section with the "history" of leaks before 2003, went mostly by memory and checked a few dates so feel free to add/correct!

--------------

Date: December 5, 2014 16:33

gotdablouse
- I'll Let You Know I (piano intro) (1978) - Apparently recorded during sessions at the RCA Studios in August/September 1978 for no apparent reason, other than possibly (Gazza's theory) to stockpile on tracks in case Keith went to the slammer, re the Toronto incident. "I'll Let You Know II (guitar intro)" had been available for at least 20 years as "I'll Let You Know", notably on a Keith solo outtakes boot called "Not Guilty" but for some reason the "piano intro" version only surfaced on Dime around 2009. See this thread [www.iorr.org] for a discussion about "I"ll Let You Know".
Download : [tinyurl.com] (I'll Let You Know I and II)

I think Not the Way to Go II (instrumental backing track) is another rarity from these sessions that is not listed in TUG or TCW.

Date: December 5, 2014 16:41

Ok, I'm pretty sure there were two versions of NTWTG on "The Harder They Come Though", so that would 3 total? Yes that's what Nico Zentgraf has on his site, ok, so is NTWTG II available somewhere? What are TUG and TCW?

--------------

Date: December 5, 2014 17:01

gotdablouse
two versions of NTWTG on "The Harder They Come Though"

Yes, both with vocals

gotdablouse
so that would 3 total? Yes that's what Nico Zentgraf has on his site

3 if you count the instrumental back track separately. I only see these 2 listed on TCW:

- Not The Way To Go I (MJ/KR) -long version; September 5
- Not The Way To Go II (MJ/KR) -shorter, more worked-out version September 5

gotdablouse
What are TUG and TCW?

TUG = The Ultimate Guide (Felix Aeppli)
TCW = The Complete Works (Nico Zentgraf)

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: December 5, 2014 18:38

Not The Way To Go

2 different vocal versions (9'35)(7'13) released on "The Harder They Come" double CD

1 instrumental version (7'04) -

The "piano version" of "I'll Let You Know" :
The electric piano is in the middle. Keith Richards ? probably, there is no "rythm guitar".
Organ in the middle of the stereo, probably Mac.
Ronnie's pedal steeel on the right channel

Date: December 5, 2014 19:48

Thanks LAH, do you know if that instrumental version is available on a boot? Any comments on the "history" of leaks I slapped together, I think you had your ear close to the ground during all those years ;-)

@blakeeik - indeed can't see NTWTO III on the actual site, I was going by the post by: KRiffhard () Date: November 5, 2014 22:16 here [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Posted by: bkeys ()
Date: December 5, 2014 23:59

Date: December 6, 2014 02:25

Wow...reminds me of when I first heard Paris Results 20 years ago, thanks man !

Let's see :
1. "Can’t Find Love I (MJ/KR)" from the 11/1982 sessions in Paris ?
2. "When you're gone" : instrumental
3. "High School Girl" ? Mick sings ""She's My Girl"
4. "Slave" : "gonna ride away" ?
5. "In Your Hand" ? : with a Mick vocal
6. "Love you Too Much" aka I can't Help It : instrumental
7. "Munich Hilton" : instrumental
8. Little T&A "Dirty Work" prototype ? : instrumental
9. "All Mixed Up" ? : instrumental
10. "Miss You" : instrumental

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-07 00:42 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 6, 2014 04:57

bkeys
[we.tl]

smileys with beer let's dream !

HMN

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 6, 2014 05:34

gotdablouse

8. Little T&A prototype ? : instrumental

Listening more closely to those cuts, and to my ears only

8 sounds more like Dirty Work

just a guess.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 06:08 by Honestman.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home