Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: POST - Essential Studio Outtakes and Unreleased Tracks CDs
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 16, 2014 07:30

Every so often I've thought about compiling a COMPLETE Stones outtakes compilation. Various folks have attempted this to a greater or lesser degree, neylon79's major effort posted here from 2007 comes to mind, campannella did complete sections on Demonoid, was it silkcut did the complete Some Girls on Dime way back? (I didn't have the bandwidth to download it at the time) and, of course, the Obsidian mp3 collection was a mighty piece of work in its day (my tablet is full of mp3s - don't knock them, they have a place).

I remember how excited I was to download the multi-cd 'Record Mirror' set, burn them, print the covers.."My Precious...", then slowly realise that they weren't the best versions of the songs available. Now, everything stays on hard-drive, nicely catalogued, use Microsoft to do a search, & viola - 67 versions of 'Miss You' in the Outtakes folder. 67? WHY have I got 67 of anything? there's only 3 different outtakes, isn't there?

You can see the problem, several hours just on one song, I did about 1½ CDs worth back in Dec 2006 & then faded. That was mp3 territory for me back then, I'd have to start all over again with flacs.

Another problem is making sure that everything is at the right speed. With copying from tape & vinyl, speeds might change by the time they get to digital. Adjusting speed on a computor is quick & easy, finding the percentage it has to be changed by is time-consuming

Yet another problem is what goes when, for instance a song started in one albums sessions, but not finished or even completely redone for another album. I used Martin Elliotts numbering system which I believe to be pretty logical.

New outtakes are few & far between, although, as we've seen recently, they do show up, but it's high time there was an official IORR brand outtakes compilation in the best quality that has truly EVERYTHING that's publicly available.

Anyway, here's a list of CDs I've compiled that I don't believe need any additions, they stand alone & complete as they are. The rest is a cataloguers dream come true.

Surrey Rehearsals (VGP 108)
Requests & Requires (Citadel)(CR 2024E)
Satanic Sessions (Midnight Beat)
Gimme Shelter Complete Soundtrack (Not really outtakes, maybe in a SOUNDTRACKS compilation)
Sothebys Reel - Brown Sugar mixes etc.(IMP-N-013)
Dirty Works Glimmer Twins Private Tape
Monitor Mixes (Steel Wheels)
Training Wheels (Steel Wheels)
Voodoo Brew
Voodoo Stew
Voodoo Residue
A Bigger Bang Mixes

Anyone else got any suggestions for this list?

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 18, 2014 02:58

Just a bump, we all still need Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 2 if it's possible, with thanks.

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: December 18, 2014 10:10

Thanks again for taking the time to upload these gotdablouse and for your recent work regarding the rarities - it's much appreciated!

Cheers smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 18, 2014 10:57

Sure, love this stuff and know/knew it inside out, so sharing it is the "natural" thing to do ;-)

@vox12string - interesting thoughts but as you write it's difficult to come up with a definitive list of material. I'd done an MP3 compilation back in the late 90s I think but taken out of their sessions context some tracks didn't make much sense.

I hadn't thought of "Surrey Rehearsals" because frankly it's pretty inaudible from what I remember and "A Bigger Band Alternates", well it's hard to hear any differences of substance really (maybe I need to revisit), a bit like on the long circulating "Tattoo You" alternates back in the day, a disappointment compared to say the DW outtakes, we know why. Besides this particular topic was meant as an "essentials outtakes" so adding more material is going to "dilute" it and defeat it's purpose.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 20, 2014 06:02

vox12string
Just a bump, we all still need Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 2 if it's possible, with thanks.

Bump for Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 2

Anyone? PLEASE!!!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 20, 2014 17:14

Are there existing outtakes of the Bridges To Babylon album? Heard of that list and would love to heart some titles:

970313A 13th March - July: Los Angeles, California, Ocean Way Recording Studios.
Producers: The Glimmer Twins with Rob Fraboni, The Dust Brothers, Don Was, Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edwards, Danny Saber and Pierre de Beauport.
Additional musicians: Bernard Fowler (bvoc) / Blondie Chaplin (bvoc, perc, p,
bass) / Darryl Jones (bass, bvoc) / Don Was (keyb, bass) / Waddy Wachtel (gtr, bvoc) / Jim Keltner (perc, bvoc) / Jeff Sarli (bass) / Billy Preston (org) /
Pierre De Beauport (bass, p) / Joe Sublett (sax) / Darrell Leonard (tp) / Benmont Tench (keyb) / Danny Saber (bass, keyb, gtr, clavinet) /
Jamie Muhoberac (bass, keyb) / Kenny Aronoff (perc) / Clinton Clifford (org, p) / Me’Shell Ndegeocello (bass) / Doug Wimbish (bass, bvoc) / Wayne Shorter (sax)
- Already Over Me I (MJ/KR) -produced by Babyface; unverified
- Already Over Me II (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Always Suffering (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Anybody Seen My Baby? I (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Anybody Seen My Baby? II (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -single edit
- Anybody Seen My Baby? III (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Don Was Radio Remix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? IV (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -No Biz Edit
- Anybody Seen My Baby? V (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Armand Van Helden Rolling Steelo Mix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? VI (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Soul Solution Remix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? VII (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Soul Solution Vocal Dub
- Anybody Seen My Baby? VIII (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Bonus Roll Mix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? IX (MJ/KR) -Phil Jones Remix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? X (MJ/KR) -Casanova New Vocal Mix
- Anybody Seen My Baby? XI (MJ/KR/k.d. lang/Ben Mink) -Call Out Hook
- Anyway You Look At It (MJ/KR) -B-side-version
- Don’t Apologize (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; unverified
- Ever Changing World (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Flip The Switch I (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Flip The Switch II (MJ/KR) -Clean version
- Flip The Switch III (MJ/KR) -Call Out Hook #1
- Flip The Switch IV (MJ/KR) -Call Out Hook #2
- Gunface (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- High Or Low (MJ/KR) -KR on vocals; unverified
- How Can I Stop (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- I’m Cured (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Low Down (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Might As Well Get Juiced (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Out Of Control I (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Out Of Control II (MJ/KR) -Album Radio Edit
- Out Of Control III (MJ/KR) -Saber Final Mix
- Out Of Control IV (MJ/KR) -Saber Master With Fade
- Out Of Control V (MJ/KR) -In Hand With Fluke
- Out Of Control VI (MJ/KR) -In Hand With Fluke (Edit)
- Out Of Control VII (MJ/KR) -In Hand With Fluke Instrumental
- Out Of Control VIII (MJ/KR) -Bi-Polar At The Conrols
- Out Of Control IX (MJ/KR) -Bi-Polar Outer Version
- Out Of Control X (MJ/KR) -Bi-Polar’s Fat Controller Mix
- Out Of Control XI (MJ/KR) -Call Out Hook
- Saint Of Me I (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Saint Of Me II (MJ/KR) -Radio edit
- Saint Of Me III (MJ/KR) -Deep Dish Club Mix Part 1
- Saint Of Me IV (MJ/KR) -Deep Dish (Grunge) Garage Dub
- Saint Of Me V (MJ/KR) -Deep Dish Grunge Garage Remix (Parts 1 & 2)
- Saint Of Me VI (MJ/KR) -Deep Dish Rolling Dub
- Saint Of Me VII (MJ/KR) -Todd Terry Extended (Re)Mix
- Saint Of Me VIII (MJ/KR) -Todd Terry Fade
- Saint Of Me IX (MJ/KR) -Todd Terry Tee’s Freeze Dub
- Saint Of Me X (MJ/KR) -Todd Terry Dub #2
- Saint Of Me XI (MJ/KR) -Call Out Hook
- Thief In The Night (MJ/KR/Pierre de Beauport) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Too Tight (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- You Don’t Have To Mean It I (MJ/KR) -Buddy Holly-style; unverified
- You Don’t Have To Mean It II (MJ/KR) -Bridges To Babylon-version
- Young Love ( ) -KR, Blondie Chaplin and Bernard Fowler on vocals, Waddy Wachtel on guitar, Jim Keltner on percussion, Don Was on bass; unverified

[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 20, 2014 18:38

No nothing has surfaced so far. Most of these titles come from James Karnbach's (videojames here) book that was published in the fall of 1997.

Note that a few of us (I remember Jaiii being ready to catch a plane!) got burnt in early September 1997 when a Dutch thief going by the name of Hans Mulders pretended to have outtakes of B2B...can't remember where he had advertized that now, maybe on the old UC mailing list ? We never saw our money again (around $75 if memory serves) although Hendrik Mulder had helped us file police reports. Hard to believe we fell for it but it came hot off the wheels of the Voodoo Lounge boxsets and I think someone else had mentioned hearing some B2B tapes so somehow it worked...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-20 18:42 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 21, 2014 12:57

Oh, that's an annoying story. Hope the outtakes will sometimes be available as it was a great album. Thank you for response.

Date: December 22, 2014 15:49

Hopefully they will but at this point I have yet to see any confirmation that a reliable source has heard them...

Following the post/uploads here [www.iorr.org] I'm adding the 4 "Laid in the Shade" (by Porky) CDs that I'm not familiar with but have been said to contain the best quality alternates versions :

Vol 1 : [mega.nz]
Vol 2 : [mega.nz]
Artwork : [mega.nz]

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-24 01:18 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 10, 2015 17:22

Links in the first message have now been fixed, enjoy !

--------------

Date: March 12, 2015 09:57

Added the Dirty Work sessions, including DAC-112 : Mean Lean Hits, one of the better compilations for these sessions.

--------------

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: March 12, 2015 15:30

Gotdablouse,

Thanks for the 'Laid In The Shade' but all of the Megaupload links are dead, unfortunately. Would you please be able to repost??

Thank you,
Steve

Date: March 13, 2015 16:07

Unfortunately I lost access to that account (changed the pwd, wrote it down, lost the paper...) and I don't think I have them on my HD, I'll check.

--------------

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 13, 2015 21:02

Porky Productions LAID IN THE SHADE are available at The Stones Vault as well as other Porky Productions. A nice companion of great sounding outtakes is Boos Hawg's The Alternates, also available at the Stones Vault.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:44

exilestones
Porky Productions LAID IN THE SHADE are available at The Stones Vault as well as other Porky Productions. A nice companion of great sounding outtakes is Boos Hawg's The Alternates, also available at the Stones Vault.

indeed, one can find it here [www.iorr.org]

Date: March 15, 2015 17:30

Fast mega links working again, split in two (three with the artwork) for convenience.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 17:32 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 9, 2015 19:17

First post updated for the "Foxes in the Boxes" releases from March 2015.

--------------

Date: May 3, 2015 14:25

Added Black Blue Sessions by Captain Acid, download : [mega.co.nz] more info : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Date: August 21, 2015 01:18

Added - 2005 A Bigger Bang Early Mixes : [mega.nz] (available as MP3 only), details on the content [www.iorr.org] and source [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 02:48 by gotdablouse.

Date: August 22, 2015 11:55

COULD THIS BE THE SAME ?

SODD 021 A Bigger Bang Early Mixes.rar

LOOK HERE [www.iorr.org]

Date: August 22, 2015 20:54

Most likely as there is only one know source for these tracks. I'd gone hunting for the original discussion and added the links for the source.

--------------

Date: August 23, 2015 22:25

According to my excel I must have your version as well, but am reorganising my externals at the moment. Have no idea abouy its where abouts.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: August 24, 2015 01:47

Date: September 7, 2015 02:48

Added (1981) Tattoo You Sessions (Tattoo Too, aka Early Stitches with 3 bonus songs) : [mega.nz], see [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org] for details.

Thanks to EddieByword for the upload ;-)

--------------

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: September 7, 2015 10:01

The "Trident Mixes" vinyl will require pitch-correcting. It has two songs in common with "Metamorphosis", but comparing each to the bootleg will yield slightly different results.

Date: March 26, 2016 14:34

Added "More Stoned than you'll ever be (DIGIT)" see details here : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Date: March 27, 2016 04:36

thanks, will compair with the older version.

Date: April 8, 2016 11:05

Links fixed

--------------

Date: February 23, 2017 23:41

Can you update the links again? Mainly the 'Laid In The Shade' series...?

Date: February 24, 2017 01:20

Your wish is your command ;-) Done !
All links in the first post checked and fixed as needed (Foxes)

--------------

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home