Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
POST - Essential Studio Outtakes and Unreleased Tracks CDs
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2014 10:28

UPDATED 20210407

I've been a big "fan" of Stones outtakes and unreleased songs (who isn't?) since I first found out about them in magazines published in the spring of 1990 in anticipation of the first European tour in 8 years. Shortly after I bumped into the first edition of Martin Elliot's "The Rolling Stones Complete Recording Sessions" book at the Virgin Megastore and...I HAD to have these unreleased songs. It turned out to be a rather expensive hobby at the time..anyway, long story short, I thought I'd put together a list of "essential" Stones outtakes CDs and upload them to Mega* where they can be accessed freely and quickly so here goes.

- (1967-1997) Fully Finished Studio Outtakes Vol 1-3 (3 CDs-FLAC) released in 2021 : see page 3 - Remastered Chronological FFSO : [mega.nz]
- (1966-1977) Accidents Will Happen [VGP 370-FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1968) R.S.V.P (Beggars Banquet Sessions) : [mega.nz]
- (1968-1973) The Trident Demos [DAC-123-FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1970-1972) Wingless Angels [VGP-153-FLAC] (Exile Sessions) : [mega.nz]
- (1970-1974) Acetates (GHS and IORR alternates) : [mega.nz]
- (1972-79) Could You Walk On The Water [VGP-027 FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1974-79) Lonely At The Top [HEN-33 FLAC]: [mega.nz]
- (1974-79) Static in the Attic [IMP-N-004 FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1975) Lost Rotterdam Tapes [PGN050-FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1975) Munichland Melodies [DAC088-FLAC] : [mega.nz] -Also "Black Blue Sessions" (Smack and Blow) by Captain Acid, download : [mega.nz] (upgraded 2020) more info : [www.iorr.org]
- (1977-78-79) Paris Results 1,2,3 (Better Results) and 4 (Sheep Dip Blues) DAC-103/104/105 : [mega.nz] - [mega.nz] - [mega.nz]
- (1978) The Harder They Come (RCA Sessions with bonus**) : [mega.nz]
- 1978/1986 : Foxes in the Boxes by JEMS see [www.iorr.org] for details : CD1/[mega.nz] CD2/[mega.nz] and CD3/[mega.nz]
- (1979) Emotional Rescue Sessions (FLAC-DAC108) : [mega.nz]
- (1981) Tattoo You Sessions (Tattoo Too, aka Early Stitches with 3 bonus songs) : [mega.nz], see [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org] for details.
- (1982-1983) : Bird's Vault "Art Collins Tapes" [OBR/Goldplate] (4 CDs-FLAC) : [mega.nz]
- (1982-1985-1979) All Mixed Up [OBR-FLAC] : [mega.nz]
- (1985) Dirty Work Sessions ("Leaks" 1, 2 and 3) : [mega.nz] - [DAC-112] Mean Lean Hits (good compilation) : [mega.nz]
- (1989) Steel Wheels Outtakes (Chuch Magee tapes) : Tape 1 (2006) [mega.nz] - Tape 2 (2008) : Part I [mega.nz] and Part II [mega.nz]
- (1993-1994) Voodoo Brew, Stew and Residue (10 CDs) : [mega.nz]
- (2002) Forty Licks Real Album (with 2018 leaked tracks) : [mega.nz]
- (2005) A Bigger Bang Early Mixes : [mega.nz] - originally leaked as MP3s see here [www.iorr.org] and here [www.iorr.org] for source/details
- Alternates/Outtakes compilation : "Laid in the Shade" by "Porky Productions" v1 to v4, see details on page 2: [www.iorr.org]
- Alternates/Outtakes compilation in excellent quality : "More Stoned than you'll ever be (DIGIT)" : [mega.co.nz] see details here : [www.iorr.org]

- Various outtakes : mostly individual tracks that have surfaced out of the blue over the years : [www.iorr.org]

Enjoy and please feel free to suggest any boots I may have missed!

* if you're having trouble downloading on Mega I've found a nice PC downloader app to help with downloads : [megadownloaderapp.blogspot.com.es]
** includes the Dime sourced "I'll Let You Know I" (piano intro) and "Not The Way To Go II" (instrumental)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 52 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 15:43 by gotdablouse.

Re: POST - Essential Studio Outtakes and Unreleased Tracks CDs
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 2, 2014 17:20

Thanks a lot - very interesting - must check my backups to see if any missing!!
Just noticed from the list above - Lonely At The Top is in flac in Stonevault - a few versions - but this one is definitely in flac: [www.filefactory.com]

Cheers

Date: December 2, 2014 17:39

Thanks, filefactory is such in the pain in the rear to download from...60 seconds wait than one hour to download at 70kpbs and then you've got daily limits. Oh well I suppost it's free so you can't complain but mega is a 100x better alternative.

I think I'll add the "Nicky Hopkins Tape" at some point, that one was a bit of a revelation and it's got that beautiful instrumental.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: December 2, 2014 19:23

Essential is "The Trident Mixes" ORIGINAL 2LP-set from K&S. (MCG/KS-072-A/B/C/D).

Not to be confused with the German copied set (KS-072-A / KS072-B / KS072-3 / KS-072-4) with is inferior, and was taken from a copy with a jump on "Downtown Lucy".

No CD upgrade exists, as far as I know. DAC-052 is not bad, but the vinyl remains the best source.

Date: December 2, 2014 22:58

Quite right, one of the first ones I got in fact, well the Living Legend LLR-CD 039 (the German one right?). I remember there was also a "Trident Demos" LP. That reminds me that. Will try to track down that DAC-052.

I wonder if "MAD SHADOWS" shouldn't be there too ?

--------------

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: December 2, 2014 23:00

Thanks! smileys with beer

-------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Date: December 3, 2014 00:24

Sure! Ok, added the FLAC version of Lonely At The Top and The Trident Mixes are up too now.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-03 00:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:06

Thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: December 4, 2014 10:19

Thanks so much for this gotdablouse - I really appreciate it! thumbs up

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 4, 2014 13:32

I've never heard the Rotterdam Tapes; how's the sound quality?

But the others are gold, thanks so much gotdablouse putting them all in once place!

Remastered Paris Results also I've not heard; have Place Pigalle etc; this SODD release a remaster apparently, must give a listen

Date: December 4, 2014 14:33

Well the Rotterdam tapes all have the same source, 4 90mn K7s recorded in shambolic conditions when the Stones were rehearsing in Rotterdam...I've read various accounts on the conditions, handheld microphones but also a microphone slipped into the mailbox of the Stones Mobile Recording truck ! Not the greatest quality as a result but there is some stuff on there that's unique, like English Rose (cut unfortunately). Give it a try !

--------------

Posted by: dph ()
Date: December 5, 2014 03:17

For "Trident Mixes," the original vinyl is best as LiveAtHidepark pointed out. Since that's out of print for ~35 years, try to track down the Living Legend CD which is dubbed from it.

DAC-052 sucks. They used some type of vinyl source, and people were talking too close to the record player. The cartridge picked up their voices in the background! Really unbelievable.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: December 5, 2014 08:45

dph
For "Trident Mixes," the original vinyl is best as LiveAtHidepark pointed out. Since that's out of print for ~35 years, try to track down the Living Legend CD which is dubbed from it.

DAC-052 sucks. They used some type of vinyl source, and people were talking too close to the record player. The cartridge picked up their voices in the background! Really unbelievable.

Living Legend CD is taken from the german copy (same scratch / jump on Downtown Lucy).

Posted by: Ramones70 ()
Date: December 5, 2014 18:13

I can't seem to get the steel wheels Outtakes to download. Everything else was fine. Amazing collection by the way much appreciated.

Date: December 5, 2014 19:15

Sure ;-) Just check the SW sessions and the link's ok, do you get an error message ?

--------------

Date: December 6, 2014 03:14

Just added the RCA Sessions, "The Harder They Come" with the Dime sourced "I'll Let You Know I" (piano intro) and "Not The Way To Go II" (instrumental).

--------------

Date: December 6, 2014 14:10

Added "Acetates", with 1970-1974 material but famous for its GHS and IORR alternate takes/mixes in great quality

--------------

Date: December 6, 2014 22:01

Replaced the OBR Paris Results 1,2,3 by the DAC-103/104/105 : Paris Results 1 and 2, Better Results and Sheep Dip Blues. Same content but better quality, thanks for the tip T ;-)

--------------

Date: December 10, 2014 16:47

Yes it says http error

Date: December 10, 2014 17:04

Just checked it again and it works fine, if you're on a PC try the downloader app I linked in the first message.

--------------

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: December 10, 2014 18:48

Ramones70
Yes it says http error

lots of possibilities:

http messages

http codes

Date: December 12, 2014 17:51

Any more suggestions on which CDs to add ?

Added a link to the "Rarest Outtakes" : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 12, 2014 18:41

Lonely at the Top gets my #1 pick. It's a great album that fits together well, not just tracks.

Porky Productions - Laid in the Shade vol 1 & 2

Boss Hawg - The Alternates (Stones Vault)

Porky Productions - Closet Classics

[www.filefactory.com]

Date: December 13, 2014 05:03

I don't understand it myself I downloaded everything but just get a error either the steel wheels collection.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 13, 2014 21:36

Porky Productions was the best collection of alternate versions of Rolling Stones song in the late 1990s.

I switched the extended She Was Hot to the better quality without the DJ's voice-over.

The All Down the Line (acoustic) is probably best here ever due to clarity and speed corrected.

Strictly Memphis is excellent quality as well as several others.

2000 Light Years and Harlem Shuffle are unique to the 4-CD set. Everything else is common but maybe in better quality (Brown Sugar).

Laid in the Shade vol 1 disc 1

[www.filefactory.com] OUT - Laid in the Shade V1.rar

Laid in the Shade vol 1 disc 2

[www.filefactory.com] OUT - Laid in the Shade V2.rar

Porky Productions

Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 1

[www.filefactory.com]

Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 1

[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 14, 2014 03:29

Thanks exilestones for the Porky's cds, unfortunately the very last link is invalid. Been looking for vol2 of Laid in the Shade for ages..

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: December 14, 2014 09:09

Thankyou exilestones great post.. but as vox12string says the last link Vol2 disc2 is invalid can you re-up?

Posted by: ade ()
Date: December 14, 2014 19:41

thanks gotdablouse, fantastic post, the steel wheels dl worked fine for me.

Date: December 14, 2014 23:23

Sure ! Can someone upload "Laid in The Shade" to WT or Mega for easier access ?

--------------

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:06

I also please "Laid in the Shade vol 2 disc 2"

Thank you in advance

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home