Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone Know if Deluxe Box Sets for Hampton 81 and L.A. Forum Available?
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: November 3, 2014 11:13

Has anyone heard or seen if there will be Deluxe Box Sets for the Hampton Coliseum Tour 81 and The L.A. Forum shows?

I know so far there will be the DVD, BluRay, DVD + 2 CD, and 3 LP + DVD

Any extras with Deluxe box set.

Re: Anyone Know if Deluxe Box Sets for Hampton 81 and L.A. Forum Available?
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 3, 2014 11:18

I don't think so - I'm not too happy with the 3LP-DVD - I was expecting a somehow nicer package.

someone wrote about a small box containing the BluRay and the CDs - but haven't seen it on my own so far.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: November 3, 2014 11:56

The DVD + 2 CD release is the 'so called' Deluxe Boxset. There won' t be any more I expect.
Have a look here

[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: November 3, 2014 14:38

Rolling on
The DVD + 2 CD release is the 'so called' Deluxe Boxset. There won' t be any more I expect.
Have a look here

[www.amazon.de]

or here:

[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: November 3, 2014 18:45

Speaking of which...the Hampton set here in the U.S. on Amazon is going for $14.88 for the two CD and one DVD set...yet L.A. is going for $27.98 for the two CD and one DVD set....Anyone have a clue as to why the price discrepancy?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 3, 2014 19:28

rovalle
Speaking of which...the Hampton set here in the U.S. on Amazon is going for $14.88 for the two CD and one DVD set...yet L.A. is going for $27.98 for the two CD and one DVD set....Anyone have a clue as to why the price discrepancy?

Probably because they know that the video for the Hampton show is already available in a pretty decent quality boot (audio ex quality as it was released officially already on download) whereas the LA show is supposed to be the 12th July which isn't available as video or DVD.
All the LA footage I have at least is from the 11th July.
Re. the audio, the 12th is available as a boot but is only a basic audience recording - Whores, Cocaine + Bottle Of Jack, so an official release is a definite upgrade on this.
The best LA audio boot is the LA Friday tapes (which also got an official release last year on download) which is actually the Sunday night which was the 13th.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-03 19:30 by EddieByword.

Date: November 3, 2014 20:21

Ok thanks...either way I'm getting both! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 3, 2014 20:22

rovalle
Ok thanks...either way I'm getting both! >grinning smiley<

Same here..........thumbs up

Posted by: rockshow2112 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 00:37

Thanks so much EddieByword.
I don't know much about what show dates sound better than other show dates and all that. I just enjoy the music! (especially in the car)
So we are lucky to have such die hard fans like yourself that knows info that I would otherwise not have known.
Like I would have assumed for LA 75 they just touched up the boot going around.
But now I've learned it's a different night!!
Now that is worth every penny.
So just wanted to take a moment and thank you for posting info that is worth knowing!

Date: November 4, 2014 01:07

rockshow2112
I don't know much about what show dates sound better than other show dates and all that. I just enjoy the music! (especially in the car)
So we are lucky to have such die hard fans like yourself that knows info that I would otherwise not have known.
So just wanted to take a moment and thank you for posting info that is worth knowing!

That's ok, thanks, although I just got that info off this new official Stones page.........
[www.stonesfromthevault.com]

Date: November 4, 2014 17:09

Well so much for $14.88 on Amazon US for the Hampton set...it now shows $23.79...

Date: November 4, 2014 17:24

rovalle
Well so much for $14.88 on Amazon US for the Hampton set...it now shows $23.79...

Still, that's still not bad, the cheapest I've found in England so far is £20 - $33...I find if you can wait a couple of weeks the price comes down quite a lot then........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 18:52 by EddieByword.

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 18:40

I've seen the dvd and listen to the cd's. Sound and picture are amazing quality. It's worth the price.

>grinning smiley<Re: Anyone Know if Deluxe Box Sets for Hampton 81 and L.A. Forum Available?
Date: November 4, 2014 21:42

BOW2007
... It's worth the price....

Oh Yeah!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 9, 2014 13:27

There are big box sets in Japan on the WARD site.

It includes 1 dvd (or -in the case of Hampton- you also can choose for a blu ray), 3 (or 4 in the case of L.A.)LP's, 4(!)cd's, 2 T-shirts and a replica of the tourbook.
Very expensive, because outside of Japan you can't buy stuff at Ward, so you have to get help from sellers in Japan. Reckon on 200 euro (250 incl p&p costs etc.) to get one.

I have ordered both boxsets, but if all downloads will released like this I have to get a second job. Grrr!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 13:30 by GJV.

Date: November 9, 2014 13:29

silkcut1978_
I don't think so - I'm not too happy with the 3LP-DVD - I was expecting a somehow nicer package.

someone wrote about a small box containing the BluRay and the CDs - but haven't seen it on my own so far.

The small box with blu ray and 2cd's is for Japan only, but you can buy it at Amazon.jp
There's also a box with a T-shirt and blu ray + 2cd's. This one you can also find on amazon.co.uk as "import" but is very expensive: 79,34 pounds!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 13:39 by GJV.

Date: November 9, 2014 13:49

rockshow2112

This is not entirely true. It's not realy a different/new show.
On dvd you get the show we all know on bootleg as the so called "video show" from june the 11th
and on cd you get the official download of june the 13th.

Only in the Japanese box you get also on 2 bonus discs the 11/12th on cd.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 13:53 by GJV.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home