Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leeds 1982 DVD
Posted by: RODAXE ()
Date: September 12, 2013 01:27

Where can i find the rolling stones live on leeds, alabama in 1982 dvd?? (download only) Thanks !!!

Re: Leeds 1982 DVD
Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: September 12, 2013 02:51

RODAXE
Where can i find the rolling stones live on leeds, alabama in 1982 dvd?? (download only) Thanks !!!

Wait a minute, I know the United Kingdom, for historical and economical reasons, likes to be considered as a separated entity from Europe - a British newspaper once published the news "Fog in Channel, Continent Cut Off", ..but "Leeds, Alabama"? (there are 17 or 18 cities called Rome in the United States, there will be a "Leeds" for sure, but the problem is that the 1982 tour took place in Europe)

Supposing it's the Leeds concert in England, you can go to stonesarchivestore.com, or to play.google.com and search for "roundhay park 1982". I guess these are in good quality, since the source is official and you can download it for 7 €, but they are not in DVD. I don't know if there is a complete dvd of the Leeds concert, I couldn't find it

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 12, 2013 03:15

It's just outside of Birmingham, Alabama as it turns out!

I went to England several years ago and took a day trip to Leeds castle (partly because I assumed that's where the Stones played in '71), and I realized I was probably in the wrong place (should have gone to the town of Leeds--there wasn't a university inside the castle, after all). But the snippets that I've seen from the '82 show seem to be outdoors in a large venue, so now I'm really confused. Maybe I should have gone to Slane castle.

Posted by: RODAXE ()
Date: September 12, 2013 04:02

Sipuncula

I went to England several years ago and took a day trip to Leeds castle (partly because I assumed that's where the Stones played in '71), and I realized I was probably in the wrong place (should have gone to the town of Leeds--there wasn't a university inside the castle, after all). But the snippets that I've seen from the '82 show seem to be outdoors in a large venue, so now I'm really confused. Maybe I should have gone to Slane castle.

So it's not on Alabama, then where it is? Here's a youtube video from this concert, but i want the full concert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 04:03 by RODAXE.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 12, 2013 04:09

Sipuncula

I used to live quite near Leeds Castle, it's in Kent (in other words, you were in the south instead of the north!). It's super-beautiful and the thought of the Stones playing there makes me salivate but--yes, alas, you were in the wrong place. Leeds the city is in Yorkshire.

P.S. The '71 show was at the university indoors, '82 show outdoors at Roundhay Park, if memory serves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 04:12 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: September 12, 2013 04:17

Rodaxe, it can only be Leeds in England; as Sipuncula explained, there's also a Leeds in Alabama, US, but in 1982 they toured in Europe. You can download the concert in audio MP3 from various sources, official (paying) or for free (but I tried through an uploaded.net link and it gave me "file not found")

You said you look for the DVD, and I don't know if it exists; there's a couple of videos of isolated songs from Leeds on youtube like the one you posted - I also found Let's spend the night together". The source is official, they are in excellent quality, but I don't know if the whole concert is available ON DVD (yet)

(besides, given Jagger' suit, I assure you want to enjoy this concert on audio only)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 12, 2013 04:29

RODAXE
Sipuncula

So it's not on Alabama, then where it is? Here's a youtube video from this concert, but i want the full concert

The Leeds you want is a city in the county of Yorkshire in the North of England.
The whole show is not currently available on DVD. Only 5 or 6 tracks on youtube.
The official audio is on 2CDs only on Stonesarchive or in lesser quality as a 2cd bootleg.
The 1971 Leeds University show venue is an indoor (a hall in the University) venue.
The 1982 venue is a park just outside Leeds called Roundhay park.
Leeds Castle is 200 + miles south of Leeds city in a county called Kent. The castle is about 35 miles south-east of London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 04:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 12, 2013 06:01

Fun Fact: There were 10,000 more people in attendance at the Roundhay Park concert than the population of Leeds, Alabama.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 12, 2013 10:33

Sipuncula

to make it even more complicated, yes, they played slane castle the day before leeds !
BTW, the whole show isnt available, just 5 songs.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: September 12, 2013 11:03

RODAXE
Sipuncula

There is no full concert of this last '82-Tour show available. To pick the best source for your forthcoming collection you should grab these 4 official youtube videos.
This is what I have. Just a small mixture of TV reports and clips including Under my thumb from a different angle but in a much worse quality.

[we.tl]

Good luck for your project!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: September 12, 2013 19:10

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: September 12, 2013 20:12

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 02:48

You can of course get the youtube clips on a DVD via MfG 64 (1) via this thread:
[www.iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home