Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

EXILE - DELUXE - MINT - GENESIS PUBLICATIONS - FOR SALE
Posted by: MusicBoy ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:28

I have posted my mint, personal DELUXE copy of "EXILE" for sale - thanks very much for looking.

[cgi.ebay.com]

Enjoy!

Re: EXILE - DELUXE - MINT - GENESIS PUBLICATIONS - FOR SALE
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:48

Methinks that as soon as Monsieur Tarlé leaves this world his son F. will drop Dad's entire archive at a photo agency = we'll see 3 or 4 books being released including a revamped expanded Nellcote book...

Date: September 4, 2013 00:07

Please note this book is unique in several ways, not least because of the exceptional high quality photo printing of Dominique Tarle's total archive and hand binding on to large size, gilt edged pages - as Genesis says "...The original photographic prints from which the reproduction has been carefully made were hand-printed in a Paris studio renowned for its individual printing techniques, thereby ensuring prints of the highest definition with full tonal values...the plates were thereafter destroyed." Enjoy!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2013 08:26

Haha, good luck with that price tag!

What place do you think this is, scalpers paradise?

Date: September 4, 2013 14:14

Of course the suggested price is a market-based guide to its unique value - and much cheaper than Snap Gallery will offer you in London too. Reading the full description tells you more than just looking at the price - from Keith giving the forward to himself buying many of the Deluxe copies, to the authentic hand signatures, to only 260 hand made then the print plates being destroyed and so on means this is a true rarity, not to be copied, with universal outstanding reviews. Yes, it is the most famous and sought after book ever from Genesis publications as they say themselves. Yes, it is very, very hard to find - they made very few originals once and that is it - no more :-). Enjoy!

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 4, 2013 14:33

In 2009, my wife purchased a Deluxe copy of Exile for me as a wedding gift. She paid about $4,000 for it. I was surprised by the price tag and thought my fiancee had paid WAY too much for it. It didn't come with the original photo/print that came with the book. However, in the years since I have purchased a Tarle print separately that I have put in Exile, along with some other trinkets such as an original press photo of Mick & Bianca's wedding.

In the years since, I have read through my copy countless times. Easily over 100 times. It is filled with rare photos of characters such as Fat Jacques the Chef that I haven't seen elsewhere. I have gotten a great deal of enjoyment from Exile. In fact, I told my wife that when I pass away I would like my copy of Exile buried with me.

So, it is a great collectible if one can afford it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2013 01:48

(Imho) : since you put on Ebay & out of honesty it should be a genuine auction (not a "buy it at my price" ad). And why not make a starting price of 1$?
This way we'd see what the current value for this book...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 01:50 by dcba.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 8, 2013 13:11

The prices Genesis publications are asking are way overpriced anyway.
The normal guy in the street can not afford it.

The price you ask for this book is ofcourse crazy (and you can't compare yourself with some kind of Gallery).

The market price is a funny thing, if you don't sell it for this price on Ebay, than probably it's not the actualy market price, because if no one want to spend so much money for it, then you ask to much.

Let's see how it goes......!winking smiley

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 18:32

If these are the prices, or even less, I sell my copy, number 1055, signed by Dominique Tarlè.

If interested contact me.

Deluxe copy: I don't remember the difference with the standard copy; there was a lytograph included?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 22:19 by straycat58.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 8, 2013 20:03

straycat58
If these are the prices, or even less, I sell my copy, number 1055, signed by Dominique Tarlè, identical to the one auctioned on ebay.

If interested contact me or post a message here.

Deluxe copy: I don't remember the difference with the standard copy; there was a lytograph included?

Please to explain how your copy, Number 1055, is the same identical to the one for sale on eBay.

The one on eBay is a Deluxe Edition, numbers 1-260. If your copy is Number 1055, it is way outside of the range.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 22:18

Sorry, I was not clear. I would like to know if the difference with the deluxe is just the lytograph (which I don't have).
I understand that the difference is also in the numbers: first 260 are deluxe, 261-onwards are standard, but this is not a big difference at least in my opinion.

Since I saw standard copies sold on eBay at prices much lower than this deluxe one, I conclude that the difference in pricing is just the lytograph.
So, I wonder if this lytopgraph plus the number written on the third page can be worth 2.000-3000 dollars... I doubt.

Different from other Genesis publications, the deluxe copy of the Exile has not tangible pluses respect to the standard edition; hence, the difference in prices should not be too high. But this is just my point of view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 10:13 by straycat58.

Date: September 9, 2013 23:18

Please note, the most recent "EXILE" DELUXE copy sold a few days ago on eBay for a slightly low $4,993.47. the asking price is a market price, being based on this sale and other sales so $5,900 - thanks.

[www.ebay.com]

Date: September 19, 2013 20:48

Please note, this item is now listed at:

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: stephengarcia ()
Date: October 13, 2013 19:40

Jeremy
It's Stephen here

my email for your paypal details so you can send me your paypal details and I can pay you for this is:

stephengarcia172@ntlworld.com

Cheers
Stephen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home