Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Manchester and Wembley 2003 audio sources
Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: August 15, 2013 02:21

Just wanted to raise a question about the shows from Wembley Arena 29.08.03 and Manchester Arena 05.09.03. I have had the VGP cds for a long time now but only recently noticed that in the Stones Vaults, there are other releases entitled Manchester Night and Wembley Night, seemingly not under the VGP banner. Does anyone know if these "Night" releases are from a different audio source or from the same source as VGP? As I was at both these shows I just wanted to make sure I had the best sourced recordings that were available.

I also noticed that the file factory link for CD2 of the Manchester Night CD does not appear to be working. Any idea why or does this need re-uploading? This is the link: [www.filefactory.com]

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

Re: Manchester and Wembley 2003 audio sources
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 15, 2013 03:11

The 'other' Manchester CD2 link on Stonesvault seems ok: [www.filefactory.com]

I uploaded the Wembley Night/Manchester Night concerts - but no idea if they are a differnt source or copy of the VGP versions...
...are the VGP cds uploaded too somewhere for comparison?

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 15, 2013 03:47

Just checked against VGP-357 for the Manchester concert and loaded SFM in Audacity to compare
The same recording but the VGP has been 'enhanced' - more brickwalled ( I think that's the term) with increased 'loudness' and some correction where the sound dipped for a few seconds at the start
Depends what you prefer I suppose...

Date: August 15, 2013 22:32

Zagalo
The 'other' Manchester CD2 link on Stonesvault seems ok: [www.filefactory.com]

I uploaded the Wembley Night/Manchester Night concerts - but no idea if they are a differnt source or copy of the VGP versions...
...are the VGP cds uploaded too somewhere for comparison?

Thanks for the info...much appreciated. However from what I can work out, the above CD2 link is the second part of the first CD. Its the third link in stonesvault that I quoted that gives you the second cd of this set and the link appears to be broken?

Date: August 16, 2013 00:33

Forget what I said above.....got it sorted now...thanks again! Will compare the two versions and see which I decide I like best.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2013 22:04

ic1960
I noticed that the file factory link for CD2 of the Manchester Night CD does not appear to be working. Any idea why or does this need re-uploading? This is the link: [www.filefactory.com]

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.

When you click the link you get a clear answer by FileFactory/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home