Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Philly 78
Posted by: daytime ()
Date: July 9, 2013 10:57

Is this show worth getting, if I remember right the sound is not good. Unless it's been remastered, Any news would be helpful thanks

Re: Philly 78
Date: July 9, 2013 12:42

It was never considered one of the best shows of the tour; mainly because Jagger was sick. And this was in the early days on huge outdoor shows so the recording was also not that good. There have been remasters that are notably better. There seem to be two sources available: the DAC release is the second source; as opposed to Vinyl Gang's.
This was my first Stones show that is why it was important to me to get a recording.
I found that a vinyl version by Phoenix rec. is good. That one has been transferred to CD I am sure.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:25

my first show as well

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:16

I LOVED IT....I do remember it was a very short concert..

A lot of fans were throwing rocks at the stage long after the Stones
left. They were Really pissed they concert ended..

It was very ragged which I loved!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:18

I have some very cool photos from this show if anyone wants to see them...it's tied into an article I recently wrote for a friends' fanzine/magazine. Email me if you'd like to read it and see the photos.( [email protected])

Date: July 10, 2013 00:47

I don't recall seeing rocks thrown at the stage....it was a 95 minute set, yes, a bit ragged but totally energetic, especially since Mick had a 103 fever. He was very flushed. For me, not the best Stones show but the worst Stones show is better than the competition on their great nights!

Date: July 10, 2013 10:34

mickschix
I have some very cool photos from this show if anyone wants to see them...it's tied into an article I recently wrote for a friends' fanzine/magazine. Email me if you'd like to read it and see the photos.( [email protected])

Mizzy D!!!! How HAVE you been?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 10, 2013 18:49

Hey Menace! Where have you been?? I miss chatting with you! I took that great t-shirt you got for me to Boston for my 2 recent shows... It still looks great! The folks at the hotel wanted one! Did you get to any shows? Email me if you get a minute, I'd love to hear from you!winking smiley

Date: July 10, 2013 18:52

P.S BV moved this thread to this category and I never look here! Another fellow IORR'er told me to check here. Is there any way to move it back? Lots of people want to see my photos and read my article on the '78 tour, and I've sent it to 4 posters so far. It would be better perhaps if more people could see this thread. Just sayin...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home