Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
IS THERE A DVD OF THE MAY 31ST SHOW IN CHICAGO?
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 8, 2013 20:24

I would like to purchase and not savvy enough to download on sharing sites.

Re: IS THERE A DVD OF THE MAY 31ST SHOW IN CHICAGO?
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 8, 2013 20:56

If you or anyone else finds out please let me know!

I was at this show and it rocked!

AMAZING Rambler!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: July 8, 2013 21:41

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:04

That's funny. I was at a Flea Market yesterday in Los Angeles and they have DVDs for almost all of the LA/Anaheim shows and had one for the December 13th show in New Jersey. But no other markets. Maybe you should scout out some Flea Markets in the Chicago area.

Date: July 9, 2013 00:32

not in chicago area. i did get 12/13

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: July 9, 2013 11:04

pls contact me at silvertrain@telefonica.net
I think I can help you !!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 11:16

there will be a blu ray upload AFAIK

Posted by: guitard ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:58

DREAMTIME

I hate hearing people say they want to purchase these DVDs. I am the one working on the May 31st show (Chicago 2nd Night). I go out of my way to make them available for free in various formats (DVD5, DVD9, and blu-ray). I am extremely anti-bootleg selling.

There are lots of people who will gladly help you get a copy for FREE.

Please don't buy these.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 04:58 by guitard.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: July 9, 2013 22:37

guitard
DREAMTIME

I hate hearing people say they want to purchase these DVDs. I am the one working on the May 31st show (Chicago 2nd Night). I go out of my way to make them available for free in various formats (DVD5, DVD9, and blu-ray. I am extremely anti-bootleg selling.

There are lots of people who will gladly help you get a copy for FREE.

Please don't buy these.

Exactly, you should be asking how to download them not trying to buy them.
guitard has said that he is working on the one you want, so keep an eye on this site, and when you see him post it, ask someone for help then.
We don't bite and we won't charge you anything smoking smiley

Date: July 22, 2013 19:11

i just can't figure out all these file sharing sites and what to do with all the files when i download them. i'm willing to pay a fee for someone to do it for me, maybe with artwork cover too! thank-you. mykangaroo@yahoo.com

Date: July 22, 2013 19:41

DREAMTIME
i'm willing to pay a fee for someone to do it for me, maybe with artwork cover too! thank-you.

In other words, you want to buy a copy.

I'd rather not release these if people want to profit from them. That's not why I put so much time and effort into these projects.

There are more than enough people here who will gladly help you get a copy for FREE. Why do you continue to offer to pay??

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: July 22, 2013 19:57

guitard
DREAMTIME
i'm willing to pay a fee for someone to do it for me, maybe with artwork cover too! thank-you.

In other words, you want to buy a copy.

I'd rather not release these if people want to profit from them. That's not why I put so much time and effort into these projects.

There are more than enough people here who will gladly help you get a copy for FREE. Why do you continue to offer to pay??

Silver Stallion, this sounds as if you already finished the DVD? I would love to watch it as your Chicago #1 was fantastic !!!

Date: July 23, 2013 07:04

Paying someone $20 for their time and effort does not contribute to any capitalistic take over.

If you think you can help me then email mykangaroo@yahoo.com

Date: July 23, 2013 16:12

DREAMTIME
Paying someone $20 for their time and effort does not contribute to any capitalistic take over.

If you think you can help me then email [email protected]

But the person to whom you're paying $20 had no part whatsoever, i.e., NOTHING -- to do with making the DVD. All they are doing is burning a copy on a 25 cent disk and mailing it out.

While on the other hand, the person who paid for the airfare to Chicago, the hotel room in Chicago, the concert ticket, and who spent many hours working on the DVD - a person who asks only one thing of the public "Please do not sell this," -- that person's wishes get stomped all over by people like you.

In response to your question about can I help you ... it appears that I can't ... because you seem hell bent on disrespecting my request that the DVDs I create not be sold.

Date: July 23, 2013 19:05

guitard
DREAMTIME

But the person to whom you're paying $20 had no part whatsoever, i.e., NOTHING -- to do with making the DVD. All they are doing is burning a copy on a 25 cent disk and mailing it out.

While on the other hand, the person who paid for the airfare to Chicago, the hotel room in Chicago, the concert ticket, and who spent many hours working on the DVD - a person who asks only one thing of the public "Please do not sell this," -- that person's wishes get stomped all over by people like you.

In response to your question about can I help you ... it appears that I can't ... because you seem hell bent on disrespecting my request that the DVDs I create not be sold.

I flew to Chicago as well. I will buy it from you for 25 cents if you prefer or send me instructions made for a dummy to complete the download process including where to download, do i need additional software, will the software take over my computer, how to organize all those TS files and spacers, the artwork, how to divide on 2 discs (Glastonbury divides in the middle of Miss You) etc etc. I'll pay you the $20! Give it to charity.

Date: July 23, 2013 19:47

What kind of disc are you trying to burn - a standard DVD or a blu-ray disc?

Do you have a blu-ray burner?

The best software to use in my opinion is ImgBurn. It's free and it's extremely easy to use.

[imgburn.com]

I recently helped out another person who wanted to buy a DVD that I made because they didn't know how to burn a disc. Here's a tutorial I made for ImgBurn:

Date: July 23, 2013 20:23

I don't really have to have a DVD. I just want the concert. It could just be a file I can play. All that extraction stuff and then putting it back together is just a headache. I will watch your video now.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 23, 2013 21:06

guitard
DREAMTIME

Guitard, I'm wondering if you could post your DVD files here on IORR............thanks of course if you can and are willing...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 21:07 by EddieByword.

Date: July 26, 2013 16:22

EddieByword
Guitard, I'm wondering if you could post your DVD files here on IORR............thanks of course if you can and are willing...........

I've authored four Stones DVDs and posted them here at IORR. I'll do the same with this show.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 26, 2013 16:33

guitard
EddieByword

I've authored four Stones DVDs and posted them here at IORR. I'll do the same with this show.

Great stuff, thanks very much......smileys with beer

Date: August 9, 2013 17:12

Been living out of a suitcase for the last month ... will not settle back into a regular living situation for at least a couple of months. When I do, I'll finish the 5/31 show. Sorry for the delay.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 9, 2013 21:53

@guitard - Do you need any help? As in, are you traveling with work or in a bad spot?

Great work with the DVDs btw. My wife and I were at Chicago 28 and 31st and both were fantastic shows! The 31st was an amazing joy!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:05

guitard
Been living out of a suitcase for the last month ... will not settle back into a regular living situation for at least a couple of months.

Edward Snowden, is that you?? grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 20, 2013 02:09

guitard
Been living out of a suitcase for the last month ... will not settle back into a regular living situation for at least a couple of months. When I do, I'll finish the 5/31 show. Sorry for the delay.

a rock and a hard place ?
hang on
hope you don't have to sleep in the car as I've seen in my lastest visit to the US.

Date: September 7, 2013 16:51

flacnvinyl
@guitard - Do you need any help? As in, are you traveling with work or in a bad spot?

Great work with the DVDs btw. My wife and I were at Chicago 28 and 31st and both were fantastic shows! The 31st was an amazing joy!

I am transferring/moving from Asia back to the US. Currently on a 42 day cross country holiday ride (going in a big circle actually) covering about half of the US. Bought a Canon 60D just for this occasion - but of course, it will come in handy for concerts later on.

I'm not going to do any DVD work for at least a month. Probably longer.

Don't worry though - Chicago 3/31 ain't going anywhere. I'll get it done eventually.

Date: October 7, 2013 06:08

Wetransfer links for 5-31 show:

Rolling Stones 2013-05-31 Chicago 2xDVD5

disk 1 small files: [we.tl]
disk 1 VOB 1: [we.tl]
disk 1 VOB 2: [we.tl]
disk 1 VOB 3: [we.tl]
disk 1 VOB 4: [we.tl]
disk 1 VOB 5: [we.tl]

disk 2 small files: [we.tl]
disk 2 VOB 1: [we.tl]
disk 2 VOB 2: [we.tl]
disk 2 VOB 3: [we.tl]
disk 2 VOB 4: [we.tl]
disk 2 VOB 5: [we.tl]

1. First – create a primary folder (Rolling Stones 2013-05-31 Chicago 2xDVD5).
2. Inside the primary folder, create these two folders (Rolling Stones 2013-05-31 d1 AND Rolling Stones 2013-05-31 d2).
3. Create a VIDEO_TS sub-folder in each of the above folders.
4. For the “Rolling Stones Chicago 2013-05-31 d1.zip” AND "Rolling Stones Chicago 2013-51-03 d2.zip" zip files – download outside of the DVD's folder structure, unzip, and then put the files (total of six small files in the zip file) into the corresponding VIDEO_TS folder. For the VOB files linked above, just download them directly into their corresponding VIDEO_TS folder.

--------------------------------------------------------

Rolling Stones
United Center night #2
Chicago, Illinois
May 31, 2013

audio: (lonmoher) SP CMC-25s > SP SB-11 > Sony PCM-D50; unaltered 1,536 bit LPCM
video: Vandiego Dave (Sony HX9V), Debbie Weiss (Sony HX9V), and joeypgh1 (Canon G15), all video 1080p down-converted to standard definition at 8.2K max , 6.6K avg (disk 1) 6.4K avg (disk 2), 1K min; NTSC 16:9
video mix, audio synch, & DVD authoring: Silver Stallion DVDs (aka guitard)

disk 1 (73 mins)
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
3. Paint It Black
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Shine A Light
6. Emotional Rescue
7. All Down The Line
8. Doom And Gloom
9. One More Shot
10. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. You Got The Silver

disk 2 (75 mins)
1. Happy
2. Midnight Rambler
3. Miss You
4. Start Me Up
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Brown Sugar
7. Sympathy For The Devil
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Jumpin' Jack Flash
10. Satisfaction

Mick Jagger - vocals / harmonica / guitar
Keith Richards - guitar / vocals
Ronnie Wood - guitar
Charlie Watts - drums
Darryl Jones - bass
Bobby Keys - tenor/baritone sax
Tim Ries - sax
Chuck Leavell - keys / vocals
Lisa Fischer - background vocals
Bernard Fowler - background vocals
Mick Taylor - guitar (Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Midnight Rambler, Satisfaction)
Sheryl Crow - vocals (All Down The Line)
Roosevelt University Conservatory Chorus - choir vocals (You Can't Always Get What You Want)

I did some between song audio editing to remove the whistling by using an alternate audio source. You can hear a change in the audio's sound during these brief edits. It's not disconcerting, but it's noticeable. Given a choice between hearing the whistling or the alternate audio, IMHO, the alternate audio is definitely the better option because the whistling is really annoying.

video sample:

DVD9 and blu-ray versions forthcoming.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 7, 2013 08:00

Wow, one of the nicer productions. Soooooooo looking forward to a Bluray

Ches from NZ

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: October 7, 2013 10:44

Thank you very much for the DVD upload, guitard!!

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 15:05

Yeah huge thanks for all your work.....very much appreciated.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:57

Grrrrrrreat work, man! And many thanks for announcing a DVD-9 version thumbs up

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home