Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

detroit 7/14/72 ???
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 6, 2005 00:41

Hi Folks, Just got a trade list which has Detroit 7/14/72 on it.I had never heard of this show having been recorded(it's under the title You Know What These Are).Is this a new '72 tape circulating ?Has anybody heard of this title?If it actually is a "new" '72 show then I'm quite excited......Andrew M.

Re: detroit 7/14/72 ???
Posted by: sumi ()
Date: April 6, 2005 02:20

it is tucson 6/14/72 (99%)

Date: April 6, 2005 09:45

Compare it to your existing Tuscon show, if you've got one. If you don't have one, obtain one.

You never know, Sumi (but I agree w/your '99%' verdict!).

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: javier ()
Date: April 6, 2005 13:21

I know that from Detroit 14/07/72 exists 1 song (Uptight-Satisfaction), and seems that also exist the incomplete show. Like say Sumi and The Menace of Mayfair, you must look if it is different to Tucson show.

Date: April 6, 2005 14:03

There's no song or tape in circulation from Detroit. I know there's one guy out there who had a vinyl album with handwritten on the sleeve "live in Detroit 1972".
He made cdr transfers and listed the show as detroit 72.
I got a cdr-copy and it turned out to be Hollywood 72 as we know it from the legendary Ken and Dub (incomplete) recording.

Schuine

Date: April 6, 2005 16:12

I hope that this picture will helps.
"rare" Japanese label produced Tucson show with wrong date on cover.
But anyway is it really expensive to trade for this show??
I always can see post "just trade, don't buy" "you can get it for free in trade.."
at the end I really don't know why I post this??

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 7, 2005 02:01

Heard back from Koji(trader in question)and yes it is Tucson 6/14/72.Oh well.

Date: April 7, 2005 09:01

Schuine Hondsbossche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no song or tape in circulation from
> Detroit. I know there's one guy out there who had
> a vinyl album with handwritten on the sleeve "live
> in Detroit 1972".
> He made cdr transfers and listed the show as
> detroit 72.
> I got a cdr-copy and it turned out to be Hollywood
> 72 as we know it from the legendary Ken and Dub
> (incomplete) recording.
>
> Schuine

Schuine,
I thought that was Norfolk 'Goin' Back To The Roots'. A guy on ebay claimed he had Detroit and I asked him to tell me the songs and it turned out it was Norfolk '72. You never read my postcard so I'm not babysitting today. ;`}

Date: April 7, 2005 12:29

I think that was Norfolk on ebay...and just good price..something about $200...If I remember good

Date: April 7, 2005 13:11

Sumi,

That's right, I remember it was $200.00. That's why I emailed him and asked for the details. I told him that people would pay 10 times that for Detroit '72! The guy was really understanding and told me he 'inherited' it from his older sister. Upon providing me w/the track list (GBTTR is different from other '72 releases in that it begins w/SV, not BS), he adjusted the price, I believe, or at least changed the listing to reflect the correct concert.

GBTTR is much better sound quality than the complete Norfolk show that's available.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home