Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Midnight Ramblers 73
Posted by: pete38 ()
Date: February 10, 2005 02:14

Have opportunity to buy CD from Munich 73. Is it any good and is it worth buying?
Thanks for help.

Re: Midnight Ramblers 73
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 10, 2005 03:56

I don't have this title, but I'm assuming it's the same source as my Munich shows from 1973.
Quality is good audience recording only. If you are not fussy and a fan of the '73 Tour then get it, but if you are expecting a soundboard rec. or excellent audience recording then forget it.

Esky

Posted by: pete38 ()
Date: February 10, 2005 04:49

Thanks Esky
I'll take your advice and I'll give it a miss. Any other '73 soundboard show around that you would recommend to have?

Date: February 10, 2005 05:43

Soundboards:
Brussels '73 1st show (Brussels Affair, Europe '73 etc....)
Brussels '73 2nd show (in part - only 5-6 songs from memory are available)
Stars In The Sky, They Never Lie - soundboard (part) of Essen & Hamburg
Parts of London & Newcastle shows are also in soundboard quality.

I might have missed a few part soundboard rec....perhaps other traders on this board can help?

Other very good audience rec. to watch out for are the 2 Franfurt Shows (Franfurt Tapes), London '73 (8th Sept.), Birmingham '73 & Berlin '73...

Esky

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: February 10, 2005 13:00

I would add to this list Keep your pussies clean (Dandelion) which is a very good audience of the Rotterdam shows (very good performances). I bought and resold Olympia Hall 73 (Digger Production) which is the same Munich show as Midnight Ramblers, also available on Satellite Delayed (VGP).

Alain

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: February 10, 2005 14:49

"I don't have this title, but I'm assuming it's the same source as my Munich shows from 1973. "
It is not munich show, it is KBH 1973 broadcast

Date: February 10, 2005 15:02

Sumi - it IS Munich '73.

I've had this CD in my hands but decided against buying it at the time. It is called "Midnight Ramblers" 1973.

Mind you, there's an Essen boot from 1970 with the same name so there could be a KBFH CD 1973 (along with the other 100 from this source) with this name....

Date: February 10, 2005 16:17

Did you only have in hands or you listen?
yes on cover write munich 1973.
Which Munich show?1st or 2nd?
This is from Fingerprint file
CD

ROLLING STONES
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
GREAT DANE 8911
Brussels, BEL 10/17/73
8.25s - AUD

BROWN SUGAR
HAPPY *
GIMMIE SHELTER *
TUMBLING DICE
YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
DANCING WITH MR. D
HONKY TONK WOMEN
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
ALL DOWN THE LINE >
RIP THIS JOINT
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO [HEARTBREAKER]
ANGIE
JUMPING JACK FLASH
STREET FIGHTING MAN *

[Jaaiii] Title mistakenly lists the venue as Munich, GERMANY 9/28/73, but in reality it is an inferior sounding Brussels, BELGIUM 10/17/73.
Copied directly from vinyl lp "SATELLITE DELAYED".

[G. Wheelock] I bought this CD last year, and felt very ripped off by Great Dane, cuz it turns out to be the King Biscuit show essentially from Brussels.
Worse yet, the sound quality was decidedly poor, high end gone, obvious generational loss from dub downs, and poorly edited at that, missing the first
few notes on some songs.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: February 10, 2005 16:33

THIS IS NOT MUNICH 73 .... I have just traded for this with someone and it is Brussels ... my 4th copy of this show!

Date: February 10, 2005 18:23

Yes I traded with Robert Lindmark from Sweden famous Stones collector, he never told sorry...But it is good, after trade with me he finally discovered that don't have "munich 1st show" in collection just brussels.Famous collector..wow

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 10, 2005 19:15

Do not forget the excellent australian recordings from 1973. Up there with Brussels and the rest in quality and playing

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-10 19:16 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 10, 2005 19:39

I have this title also it is not munich its a misprint
its brussels

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: February 10, 2005 19:56

It is Brussels and not the best version but a vinyl transfer... with bad channel separation

Date: February 11, 2005 08:07

that is weird, as the reason I didn't buy it was because it sounded like good audience recording only (the guy in the shop let me test it through headphones)...geez it must be a bad copy!

In any case, if it's Brussels then don't get it as there are much better Brussels releases out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home