Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FYI Megaupload is back
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 21, 2013 12:15

MegaUpload founder Kim Dotcom has now restoring the file storage business he founded, known as MegaUpload. We all know how it was shut down (violently) by the FBI, after allegations of copyright infringement. Dotcom has stated on Twitter:

New Zealand will be the home of our new website: Mega.co.nz – Powered by legality and protected by the law.

— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) November 12, 2012

[www.ozbargain.com.au]

MEGA.co.nz - Free ($0.00) 50GB Cloud…www.ozbargain.com.au/node/914371 dag geleden
Megaupload is back, with no file size limits smiling smiley Not sure if you guys in Aussie have heard much about this, but the creators and developers of the original MU are all ...

Don't know if all previous uploaded files can be retrieved, guess no

Instead of just launching a new version of the old Megaupload file hosting sites, Mega is more a version 2.0 of the site. One of the improvements of Mega is client side encryption and decryption of files. What this means is that only the user who is uploading the files, and users who get the encryption key from that user can decrypt the files. This in turn means that Mega itself has no information about the files hosted on the servers so that it can’t be forced to use filter lists to block uploads of known copyright infringing files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-21 12:23 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: FYI Megaupload is back
Posted by: stonesvault ()
Date: January 21, 2013 12:37

Also here:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 21, 2013 15:52

Yeah, Mega is back! FBI sucks!!

I'm already a free member!!

Posted by: gimmekeef ()
Date: January 23, 2013 00:20

As a user in USA I'm worried the FBI may watch IP addresses of downloaders and seek to charge them......hope it is just my conspiracy thinking and cant happen.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: January 23, 2013 00:34

gimmekeef
As a user in USA I'm worried the FBI may watch IP addresses of downloaders and seek to charge them......hope it is just my conspiracy thinking and cant happen.

I don't think you should worry too much. The FBI has never been the direct problem - and I guess it won't be in the future. Reason for the crashdown of MegaUpload was that the government of New Zealand (and maybe other oceanic states) had sent information about MegaUpload and the websites' content to the U.S. government. But a few days ago I read that they would regret their actions, emphasized to not send out information on this topic any more and as the new servers aren't placed in the United States the FBI should be completely out of the game.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 23, 2013 04:49

maradona
I don't think you should worry too much. The FBI has never been the direct problem - and I guess it won't be in the future. Reason for the crashdown of MegaUpload was that the government of New Zealand (and maybe other oceanic states) had sent information about MegaUpload and the websites' content to the U.S. government. But a few days ago I read that they would regret their actions, emphasized to not send out information on this topic any more and as the new servers aren't placed in the United States the FBI should be completely out of the game.

Yes but with the old system a lot of the uploaders felt that they wouldn't bear the brunt of it. With this new system YOU DO. I'm surprised it doesn't occur more because you are still giving access to total strangers and/or FBI. If the FBI makes an example out of some of them then there will be less uploading or at least sharing. Everything has come full circle. If the new setup is what is written then Megaupload is probably legal on US servers and not a threat from law enforcement any longer. I can't see them coming under anymore scutiny than an Internet Service Provider.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: January 23, 2013 16:14

nick
Yes but with the old system a lot of the uploaders felt that they wouldn't bear the brunt of it. With this new system YOU DO. I'm surprised it doesn't occur more because you are still giving access to total strangers and/or FBI. If the FBI makes an example out of some of them then there will be less uploading or at least sharing. Everything has come full circle. If the new setup is what is written then Megaupload is probably legal on US servers and not a threat from law enforcement any longer. I can't see them coming under anymore scutiny than an Internet Service Provider.

Good point.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: January 25, 2013 21:57

I'll certainly be very wary of it - if I can manage to use it that is.
Has anyone actually uploaded a file yet?

I tried to upload a small file a few days ago just to see how it goes .. but no joy, just crashed after a while.

Tried again just now, still no joy.

I'm not using Chrome, which they recommend (you must have noticed smiling smiley)
So up to now it just seems to be an extravagant Chrome advert, although it is a beta.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 31, 2013 10:20

I enjoyed megaupload very much untill it was blocked out
Than I went on using wetransfer but these uploads are only limited available
Nowadays I upload to filefactory and see no use of looking for a new upload site.

Early this week filefactory had problems saving uploaded files, but today it is ok again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home