Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CDRs for DVDs
Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: January 20, 2005 18:03

I am looking to trade CDRs for DVDs ...2 to 1 ratio ... If you are interested please send your list to

harlito2003@hotmail.com

and I will send mY list of CDRs.

tks

Re: CDRs for DVDs
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: January 21, 2005 00:57

Something to consider is that traders that have DVDs probably also have huge CD collections. CDs for DVDs are not very attractive, particularly 2:1 when the cost of the media and burn times are more like 10:1.

I think the more common ratio if you can find someone to it is more like 3-4 to 1.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 21, 2005 11:03

you're very demanding !
when I trade my DVDs for CDs, I use the ratio 2 to 1.

Date: January 21, 2005 13:07

Glad you can help him out. The point is that it is hard to find traders willing to trade DVDs for CDs. It is wonderful you will help out all those looking to trade CDs for DVDs. I am sure they will be grateful to you.

Date: January 21, 2005 13:21

yes indeed, you're right , it's extremely hard to find..
I did it with many people.

Date: January 21, 2005 17:04

Very nice indeed ...yet nobody has responded. 10 to 1 sounds extreme since I have already traded several times with people on a 2:1 ratio and have had no complaints. Also, you are right Steven about most people who have DVDs already have mucho CDRs ... looks like I might fall into that category soon. But there are those who have started trading DVD and have very few CDRs and vice versa. If you are one of these people please drop me a line, I am sure we can work something out. Best to all and thanks for the info Stonefan and Steven.
PS--- trading is weird. I have a friend that posted on a website that she has nothing to trade ...a newbie... and has been getting DVDs and CDRs for the past month every other day. We are all fans and seem for the most part to be very cool with each other.

Date: January 21, 2005 17:09

I mean i have traded my DVDS for CDrs but never found anyone who accepted to trade his DVDs for some of my CDRs...life is hard indeed.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: January 21, 2005 18:08

Funny this.

Why is it that there's always tension when a fellow Stones fan simply asks a question??

Amazing....

harlito1969 - I'm always happy to trade. However, I have all the CDrs/DVDrs that I'm after (unless you have something amazing). I will always trade blanks for any DVD of mine. My ratio is 3 blanks for 1 DVD....and that includes postage.

All the best,
Esky

Date: January 21, 2005 19:14

Esky,

I am going to update my CDR list tonight and I'll send it out to you. I hope we can work something out.

Thanks

Date: January 21, 2005 20:00

Just as clarification, the 10:1 referred to the relative cost of high quality 16x DVD media ($0.60 each) vs. similar quality audio CDs ($0.06 each) and similar ratio in burm times.

As with any trade, it is a matter of negotiation. The problem is finding someone who wants to burn for any reason other than a direct DVD trade. It is usually done as a matter of friendship to help someone out rather than the CDs, no matter what the quantity negotiated.

Further, if the goal is to help people out, there are much more efficient ways to do so. Trees are probably the best distribution method at the moment to get good new stuff in the hands of a lot of people quickly while spreading the burden of burning.

Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: January 21, 2005 22:37

The best way to spread stuff quickly is through BitTorrent - everyone is guaranteed to get an exact copy of the original seed without the hassle of burning and postage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home