Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Silvers from O2 2012
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 18:09

Re: Silvers from O2 2012
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:17

ROLLING STONES - EVERYBODY, RATTLE YOUR JEWELRY (2-CD DIGIPACK THE GODFATHER)
VERY GOOD AUDIENCE RECORDING
CD 1 + 2) O2 ARENA, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, 25-11-2012
INCLUDING 2 MINIATURE FLYERS + 8 PAGES BOOKLET

ROLLING STONES - CHAMPAGNE, REEFER AND A RED HEADED WOMAN (2-CD DIGIPACK THE GODFATHER)
CD 1 + 2) O2 ARENA, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, 29-11-2012

Posted by: frogman9 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 19:22

According to Collectors Music Review both shows are IEM/Aud matrix.

Date: December 12, 2012 20:19

frogman9

yes, nice to see that the bootleggers put some work into it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:39

And the Trabendo boot is in the works, so I heard...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:40

falo01
frogman9

...as opposed to putting others work into it...

Posted by: gilles ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:04

yes i can provide them:

28 euro each 2CD + the MINIMUM of postage

pliz email at: megad78@aol.com if interested in

Gilles

Keessie
ROLLING STONES - EVERYBODY, RATTLE YOUR JEWELRY (2-CD DIGIPACK THE GODFATHER)
CD 1 + 2) O2 ARENA, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, 25-11-2012

ROLLING STONES - CHAMPAGNE, REEFER AND A RED HEADED WOMAN (2-CD DIGIPACK THE GODFATHER)
CD 1 + 2) O2 ARENA, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, 29-11-2012

Posted by: gilles ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:04

yes i can provide them
(i heard ONLY 500 copies of each were pressed this time):

28 euro each 2CD + the MINIMUM of postage

pliz email at: megad78@aol.com
if interested in

Gilles

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 13:47 by gilles.

Date: December 12, 2012 21:05

Munichhilton
falo01
frogman9

...as opposed to putting others work into it...

yep

Posted by: frogman9 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:54

There are now samples from both shows up on Collectors Music Review and they are great beats anything else .......so far.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: December 12, 2012 22:10

I just listened to another(audience) recording of the 1st show, would rate it at least 9/10. Will have a listen from the 2nd show later. Shows may also be released on silver.

Date: December 12, 2012 22:54

kees
I just listened to another(audience) recording of the 1st show, would rate it at least 9/10. Will have a listen from the 2nd show later. Shows may also be released on silver.

DAC here you go! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 12, 2012 23:07

The Godfather release of 25th sounds like another remaster of Bol's recording. If you listen carefully, you can hear it very slightly fade in and out in places.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 13, 2012 03:56

They've got Barclays too

Date: December 13, 2012 10:09

vox12string
They've got Barclays too
excellente

Posted by: genco ()
Date: December 13, 2012 10:25

from collectors Music web:
"Both titles are sourced from a matrix of an IEM tape and an excellent audience recording."

what is an IEM tape???

the samplers sound good for me....

Date: December 13, 2012 10:29

What is a soundboard recording?
These are "live" concerts recorded with professional equipment. During a concert the signal from the instruments usually channels through the central mixing station, or soundboard, before going to the PA system. A soundboard recording is a recording that takes place at the soundboard. These recordings are high quality.

What is an ALD (Assisted Listening Device) recording?
Bootleggers can request an ALD (Assisted Listening Device) headset at an arena concert (required by law for hearing impaired fans), which provides a high-quality feed of a live show using a low-level FM frequency broadcast inside a facility. Bootleggers will tape this headset feed, giving the bootleg not usual problems like random crowd noise or distortion.

What is an IEM (In Ear Monitors) recording?
In Ear Monitors are devices used by performers to hear a mix of microphones and/or instrument pickups that are on the stage. They are often custom fitted to the individuals ears and provide a high level of noise reduction from stage noise. An IEM recording is a recording of this wireless audio feed, there can be a difference between an IEM recording from Bono's feed and the recording from Adam's for instance.

What is a matrix recording?
A matrix recording is a new recording consisting of different tapes from the same show. An example can be that you have an audience and IEM recording (both have their own (dis)advantages) and you want to mix them in one recording, that would be a matrix.

Posted by: genco ()
Date: December 13, 2012 10:50

ok strettonbull Many Thanks!!!!!

what's your opinion about samplers.... for me the sound is very good.. is very close to a soundboard recording...

Date: December 13, 2012 11:41

And who relies on an IEM device in the band? Mick for sure but isn't that about it?
And I've that Mick wanted to hear his voice and Charlie's drums... but not much Keith's guitar.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 13, 2012 14:46

The 25th show definitely sounds like a remaster of Bol's recording. Don't pay for it. You can get great free versions here...

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the 29th show appeared to be sourced too from Bol's second recording. Jagger voice on Miss You sample is a little more distant just like Bol's recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 14:51 by kowalski.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 13, 2012 14:54

sorry kowalski, but did you listen to the same fragments as me? It sounds fantastic under my head-phones and can't be compared with the audience-recordings we know so far.

But you're right - no need to spend money for it as it will be soon up here (and everywhere else too) smiling smiley

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:12

They seem indeed to be different from bol's recording. They might have used it for the matrix, but the vocals and instruments are definitely more prominent in those goodfather releases. They must clearly have used an IEM source to get that sound.

Posted by: lenoplaf ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:25

So if you have the CDs, feel free to post in FLAC

Bye from France

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 13, 2012 15:30

lenoplaf
So if you have the CDs, feel free to post in FLAC

Bye from France

I would if I already had them but I just listened to those beautiful samples provided on collectorsmusicreviews

Date: December 13, 2012 16:44

silkcut1978_
sorry kowalski, but did you listen to the same fragments as me? It sounds fantastic under my head-phones and can't be compared with the audience-recordings we know so far.

But you're right - no need to spend money for it as it will be soon up here (and everywhere else too) smiling smiley

It does sound better (maybe because they mixed in a different source) but it still sounds close to Bol's recording. Also I did a comparison of the waveform of Start Me Up sample and the waveform of Bol's original recording in an audio editor and they look pretty similar. But we'll know more once the full show is available. smiling smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 13, 2012 17:18

Does anybody know when the Trabendo will be released? Godfather will do it, somebody said Chrystal Cat will do it as well and they will bite each other's a*s but nobody seems to know when they will be out.

Date: December 13, 2012 21:25

kowalski
silkcut1978_

It does sound better (maybe because they mixed in a different source) but it still sounds close to Bol's recording. Also I did a comparison of the waveform of Start Me Up sample and the waveform of Bol's original recording in an audio editor and they look pretty similar. But we'll know more once the full show is available. smiling smiley

don't think it can get more ridiculous than that. similar ? maybe because it is the same show ? you guys have serious problems if you think this one has anything
to do with the bol source. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I think people can even offer you the "famous" nashville/kansas *72 AUD as SBD and you would believe it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-13 21:26 by falo01.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: December 13, 2012 21:58

kowalski
silkcut1978_
It sounds fantastic under my head-phones

....but it still sounds close to Bol's recording

who cares????

Date: December 13, 2012 23:26

elmod
kowalski
silkcut1978_
It sounds fantastic under my head-phones

....but it still sounds close to Bol's recording

who cares????

If I had recorded a show and had shared it for free on the internet for fans, I would hate to see someone make money with it. But maybe that's just me. And maybe I'm wrong about the source of Godfather CD's. Just at first sight I found it sounded very similar to the audience recording that was posted here a couple of weeks ago...

Date: December 13, 2012 23:44

To be honest - so did I.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home