Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26
Re: Post Label / Publisher "Dog 'n' Cat"
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 25, 2018 09:45

Dogs&Cats has released a new one

I'm considering purchasing it, just because of the cover. Best artwork yet

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 25, 2018 12:26

Thanks Erik, now here is some info, this is what I call a precise translation from Google:

"1967 Europe tour · The only soundboard sound source Paris, the classic sound source which recorded Olympia performances with high sound quality, the original was recorded from the rebroadcast which was on air on French AM broadcast on May 31, 82 "LP" @#$%& 'AND SUCKIN' "(RS - TAP - 010).

The LP released in '83 is a popular item that is traded at a high price between mania despite being recorded in Opinpia '65 takeoff and omnibus format and not a complete version. After that, the title which was completely recorded from the first broadcast of '67 was released in the CD era, and in the mid '90s the successive Olympia performances were exchanged in FM broadcasting and rebroadcasted with high sound quality and "STILL I' M GONNA MISS YOU "(VGP) has created a popular title.

In 2004 's fan / maid's "MUSICORAMA MIXDOWN" download boot was released, and the "PARIS MATCH" (DAC) that was taken from there was the best sound source, but in this release FM broadcast digital · Refine the air check further and patching two songs cut in the high reputation rebroadcasting from the first broadcast of '67. Although it may sound like the same editing as "PARIS MATCH" when listening, in fact, it has been compiled into the form of the original broadcast by adjusting for each song. In the previous episode, the high frequencies that were too strong are not boosted, the transfer is in a flat state, and the tape speed which was somewhat earlier is recorded as original. "UNDER MY THUMB" whose sound quality has been slightly lower than other parts in the cassette recording has also been taken from digital sources as "MUSICORAMA MIXDOWN" because of rebroadcasting, so almost the entire live is flat and equal even with high sound quality I can enjoy it. Moreover, the narration part of the station break after the end of "RUBY TUESDAY" seems to appear for the first time.

In the '67 tour, it is confirmed that the opening starts with "THE LAST TIME", although audition tapes of other performance places have been confirmed, but in the past Olympia performances the radio / Europe 1 will broadcast all the performances on all the songs in this broadcast It can be inferred from the fact that this performance on April 11 began with "PAINT IT BLACK" by removing the "THE LAST TIME" with conscious of the recording. Instead of playing "UNDER MY THUMB" that was not shown in other performances before "RUBY TUESDAY". This day was performed twice a day and night, this performance is said to be the performance of the night section according to the observer, and in the daytime, "SHE SMILED SWEETLY" is substituted for "UNDER MY THUMB"
It seems that it was played. In addition, this performance is "MUSICORAMA MIX DOWN" as "67 Sessions" in iTunes
Although the sound source duplicated from is released, there are also no improved parts than the already-released one, and other additional tracks are also from the DVD of the Ed Sullivan show, a copy from the "SATANIC SESSIONS" box of the MIDNIGHT label Or it was a very strict content to record, including the take-take and miss credits from the BBC's "TOP OF THE POPS" with the regular take channel "Pie-Rate" of "SHE'S A RAINBOW" taken from YOUTUBE. In addition to this track 's additional tracks, 15 tracks were added from the' 66 UK tour, '66 Olympia, '66 UK TV appearances.

'66 UK tour is a so-called "GOT LIVE ~" sound source, but a special edition that corrected the head of "UNDER MY THUMB" and the cut of "THE LAST TIME". It cuts the sound of two simulated live songs and the '65 UK tour and reproduces a precious '66 year UK sound source set. "PAINT IT BLACK" was played as the opening number on this tour, but in the record it was cut and "UNDER MY THUMB"
It starts from. In the record, the performance key which was Fm was raised to Dm, it may be the reason why it became unrecorded that it became a slightly different version of the record version and impression. You can hear the sound of D of the base of the building of the "PAINT IT BLACK" ending with a first shot of the introduction drum beat of "UNDER MY THUMB". Mick's vocals at this sound source are all re-recorded in the studio and it is a sound source which can not be said to be a pure live but the punky performance is full of charm. In the CD era, we reworked to the sound source, "UNDER MY THUMB" changed to another version by vocal, "GET OFF OF MY CLOUD" cut hand / clapping of Mick in the possible part, "LADY JANE At Keith 's acoustic guitar without overdubs, etc., there were many variations in the details. Also, although it is a sound of a remaster CD which is often said to be monaural, in fact it is just slightly playing right, vocals panning to the left, cheers are newly added overdubs. "SATISFACTION" is a complete version that does not fade out that appeared at the time of "Blu-ray" of "CHARLIE IS MY DARLING", but the ending part was added by take of other performances. In this part, the sound pressure has risen more than the ones that have already been produced, and it became a powerful sound.

'66 tracks of Olympia 's 4 tracks are still recorded from the digital master' s voice and are upgraded to a larger size than the ones recorded in "STILL I 'M GONNA MISS YOU" at an accurate speed. The last two tracks are sound sources from "EAMONN ANDREWS SHOW" which appeared on February 6, 1966, sound quality is inferior to other tracks, but valuable sound source that first appeared in Japan. Although it is a recording over TV speaker, there is somewhat hard to hear, but "19th NERVOUS BREAKDOWN" at that time is showing off in live song using record backing track. In the talk part, Mick who is thrust into the moderator about the lyrics of the song can laugh a lot.

In addition to the valuable last tour tone generator when Brian Jones was enrolled plus 24 trucks with high quality remaster sound of the same period collected at the same time. It is a mast item of freak feeling tears which plenty of the best stage which is powerful and panicish which is no longer controllable to the principals who are playing"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-25 12:27 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 25, 2018 21:53

Erik_Snow
Best artwork yet

Hi Erik!
Fwiw the photographer (Gered Mankowitz) put vaseline on the lens of his camera to get this special effect...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 26, 2018 08:53

Thanks for the info, mates

Posted by: lonestar57 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 20:47

DAC 187 All About You (Studios Boulonge Billancourt ans Compass Point).rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I use WinRAR. Downloaded it several times. Same result.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 9, 2018 10:43

DAC-191 still unknown
DAC-192 Touring Party Vol. 5 Philadelphia July 21, 1972, CD 1: 1st show, CD 2: 1st/2nd show
If I interpret the Google translation correctly CD 1 is the audience recording that was posted here [iorr.org], and CD 2 is the soundboard for the feeled 135th time...

[www.crazymama.jp]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 10:58 by midnrambler.

Date: September 9, 2018 13:03

midnrambler
DAC-191 still unknown

Will it be either the "Bird's Vault" material or a complete 1975-06-26 composite release based on the (imo superb*) JEMS tape that was shared recently?

* by "superb", not superb sound quality but a raw rocking recording of a kick-ass show (maybe the best of the NYC residency, imo).

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: September 9, 2018 17:35

dcba
or a complete 1975-06-26 composite release based on the (imo superb*) JEMS tape that was shared recently?

Is it complete? I thought SFTD is still eluding us.

Date: September 9, 2018 18:42

Was it played at all?

The release of this new JEMS tape makes me really wonder if they did SFTD that night : the recording is complete minus the tape flips so if the song had been performed it would have been on the recording.
And the superb (but bland and lifeless to my ears...) tape that was put on VGP-039 also stops after JJF.
So we have two recordings made by two different tapers that don't include SFTD. One could logically deduct it wasn't played that night...

Maybe the Stones didn't want to bother? Maybe the planned guest on 3rd guitar for June 26 didn't show up and they knew that without a guest SFTD kinda sucked.
Maybe Keef didn't want to play it (remember he had health/dental problems during the NYC residency and he couldn't even sing "Happy" during the June 25 show).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 18:44 by dcba.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 9, 2018 18:44

I have another version with complete JJf,its also complete on VGP boot(the single cd)

Date: September 9, 2018 19:51

Yes it was available here that's why DAC could patch the inc. songs from the JEMS source with this second/third recording...

Tokyo are you listening? grinning smiley

Date: September 9, 2018 19:55

dcba
Was it played at all?

In my opinion it is more likely that it was played (as it was every other night in NYC) and it just wasn't recorded, unless there is other evidence that supports another theory.

Date: September 9, 2018 21:10

lonestar57
DAC 187 All About You (Studios Boulonge Billancourt ans Compass Point).rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I use WinRAR. Downloaded it several times. Same result.

Just downloaded it again, no problems whatsoever with WinRar and 7zip;
files tested with TLH.

Now this is important: use the latst version of these tools!!!

I have taken the files to my old pc, and packed them again with an old WinRar;
if this does it for you, please follow my advice above!

[wetransfer.com]

Date: September 9, 2018 21:32

blakeeik

In my opinion it is more likely that it was played (as it was every other night in NYC) and it just wasn't recorded, unless there is other evidence that supports another theory.

French journalist and Stones super-fan saw all the NYC shows and reviewed them extensively for the a French fanzine (which I own). If I can find it I'll peruse it... It's a kenghty review made by a man who knew the band and its repertoire quite extensively. (I got the Keef's June 25 toothache anecdote from this article btw).

Date: September 9, 2018 22:09

dcba
blakeeik

French journalist and Stones super-fan saw all the NYC shows and reviewed them extensively for the a French fanzine (which I own). If I can find it I'll peruse it... It's a kenghty review made by a man who knew the band and its repertoire quite extensively. (I got the Keef's June 25 toothache anecdote from this article btw).

I would be very interested to know why it wasn't played if that was the case!

Everything that I have seen on the matter other than the circulating bootleg recordings suggest that the song was played.

[www.setlist.fm]

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 00:02 by blakeeik.

Date: September 10, 2018 15:03

dcba
blakeeik

Are these reviews available online? I never knew about then dental issues (besides the obvious rotting tooth). Would love to read the articles.

Date: September 10, 2018 16:55

It's from an old rare (300 copies?) French fanzine. I have my copy in the attic but where...? It's valuable because like I said it's written by a person who was a real fan and he saw all the NY shows.

Date: September 13, 2018 15:09

dcba
It's from an old rare (300 copies?) French fanzine. I have my copy in the attic but where...? It's valuable because like I said it's written by a person who was a real fan and he saw all the NY shows.

Well if you ever get in your attic I would love to read some of articles in this fanzine. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to have it archived on archive.org so it doesn’t disappear forever.

Thanks!

Date: September 13, 2018 18:29

INFO on DAC-190

THE ROLLING STONES - @#$%&' AND SUCKIN'(1CD)

DOG n CAT RECORDS/DAC-190

1967-04-11: L'Olympia, Paris, France (Europe 1)
1.Paint It Black
2.19th Nervous Breakdown
3.Lady Jane
4.Get Off Of My Cloud / Yesterday's Papers
5.Under My Thumb
6.Ruby Tuesday
7.Let's Spend The Night Together
8.Goin' Home
9.Satisfaction

7th British Tour, September 23 - October 9, 1966
10.Band Introduction
MC - Long John Baldry
11.Under My Thumb
12.Get Off Of My Cloud
13.Lady Jane
14.Not Fade Away
15.The Last Time
16.19th Nervous Breakdown
17.Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
18.Satisfaction

1966-03-29: L'Olympia (2nd show), Paris, France
19.19th Nervous Breakdown
20.Get Off Of My Cloud
21.The Last Time
22.Satisfaction

Eamonn Andrews Show (ABC-TV), February 6, 1966
23.Mick Discuses Eamonn Andrews
24.19th Nervous Breakdown

Date: September 13, 2018 18:31

INFO on DAC-192:

THE ROLLING STONES - TOURING PARTY VOL.5(2CD)

DOG n CAT RECORDS/DAC-192

DISC-1 (AUDIENCE)
The Spectrum Sports Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. July 21st 1972 (1st show)
1.BROWN SUGAR
2.BITCH
3.ROCKS OFF
4.GIMME SHELTER
5.HAPPY
6.TUMBLING DICE
7.LOVE IN VAIN
8.SWEET VIRGINIA
9.YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
10.ALL DOWN THE LINE
11.MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
12.BAND INTRODUCTIONS
13.BYE BYE JOHNNY
14.RIP THIS JOINT
15.JUMPING JACK LASH
16.STREET FIGHTING MAN

DISC-2 (SOUNDBOARD)
The Spectrum Sports Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. July 21st 1972 (1st /2nd show)
1.BROWN SUGAR
2.BITCH
3.ROCKS OFF
4.GIMME SHELTER
5.HAPPY
6.TUMBLING DICE
7.LOVE IN VAIN
8.SWEET VIRGINIA
9.YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
10.ALL DOWN THE LINE
11.MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
12.BAND INTRODUCTIONS
13.BYE BYE JOHNNY
14.RIP THIS JOINT
15.JUMPING JACK LASH
16.STREET FIGHTING MAN

Date: September 22, 2018 17:27

DAC-191 : Essen'73 last night (13 songs, incl. JJF)

Date: September 22, 2018 19:12

Wasn't there a zitrock version posted here recently?

Date: September 22, 2018 19:26

Got it from Electric Ladyland back in the good old IPv4 days!
Here is zitrock's version for all to compare with DAC:

[wetransfer.com]

Date: September 22, 2018 21:43

Thx Stranger!
It's a very decent recording : "vg" for 73? It runs a bit fast so DAC will certainly correct this problem... [minus 2,7% with the "speed-correction" tool of Audacity will do the trick].
Imo the performance itself is quite bland : it's another of these 73 shows that won't excite you much. The show starts nicely GS is kick-ass then the perf sinks into some kind of torpor... zzzzzzzzz! grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-23 10:19 by dcba.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 23, 2018 12:41

dcba
Was it played at all?

The release of this new JEMS tape makes me really wonder if they did SFTD that night : the recording is complete minus the tape flips so if the song had been performed it would have been on the recording.
And the superb (but bland and lifeless to my ears...) tape that was put on VGP-039 also stops after JJF.
So we have two recordings made by two different tapers that don't include SFTD. One could logically deduct it wasn't played that night...

Maybe the Stones didn't want to bother? Maybe the planned guest on 3rd guitar for June 26 didn't show up and they knew that without a guest SFTD kinda sucked.
Maybe Keef didn't want to play it (remember he had health/dental problems during the NYC residency and he couldn't even sing "Happy" during the June 25 show).

I actually believe they didn't play SFTD that night, maybe due to the rowdy crowd with firecrackers going off all night etc.

There is a third source for this gig which appears to be complete but is also not inclunding SFTD. It sounds worse than the other two but is by far the most complete tape incl. the Preston songs.

I posted this on Dime many years ago, info as follows:

The Rolling Stones
June 26, 1975
Madison Square Garden
New York City, NY

Source:
audience audio (source #2)

Lineage:
unknown gen tape > CDR > .wav [pitch corr.] > CDR > .wav (EAC, secure mode) > .flac (TLH, level 6)

Tracklist:
Disc 1:
01. Honky Tonk Women
02. All Down The Line
03. If You Can´t Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud
04. @#$%&
05. Gimme Shelter
06. Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
07. You Gotta Move
08. You Can´t Always Get What You Want
09. Band Introductions
10. Happy
11. Tumbling Dice
12. It´s Only Rock n´Roll (But I Like It)
13. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Disc 2:
01. Fingerprint File
02. Angie
03. That´s Life (Billy Preston & The Rolling Stones)
04. Outa Space (Billy Preston & The Rolling Stones)
05. Brown Sugar
06. Midnight Rambler
07. Rip This Joint
08. Street Fighting Man
09. Jumpin´ Jack Flash

***FREE LOSSLESS DISTRIBUTION ONLY***

TornAndFrayed (mjake on dime)

BTW I really enjoyed this new JEMS source, too. Too bad about the cuts.

Date: September 23, 2018 12:56

Thx for the info Mjake!

"I really enjoyed this new JEMS source" I do too! It's raw and rocking!

Posted by: 092010 ()
Date: September 28, 2018 16:08

Hi everyone,

I got DAC-192 and have just uploaded to filefactory.com.
Hopefylly it works and you enjoy.

Have a great weekend!
Kaz

Date: September 28, 2018 18:40

Thank you very much!

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: September 28, 2018 21:34

Hi everyone,

I got DAC-192 and have just uploaded to filefactory.com.
Hopefylly it works and you enjoy.

Have a great weekend!
Kaz

Thanks!

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: September 28, 2018 22:08

Thank you

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home