Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Knebworth 76 DVD Quality???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2004 22:20

I wonder if anyone can tell me more about the sound and picture quality of the Knebworth 76 DVD that is circulating on the market. Is it really an upgrade to former releases? All I know is that it comes in a digipack with a Black and Blue cover....Any help appreciated.

Re: Knebworth 76 DVD Quality???
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 16, 2004 23:05

I'll get it in a few days, I'll tell you then.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 16, 2004 23:18

Yes, it is much better. I am sure there are plenty of people on this board who got it free from a tree or traded for it who will offer it to you for $30 or more because that's the kind of folks they are. Your choice if you want to pay the IORR premium, or find it on Shidoobee, Rocks Off or Yahoo RSBoots for B&P.

Thanks go to Travo for SHARING his copy, not selling it!

Date: December 16, 2004 23:57

I want the silver pressed version in the original digipak cover and I pay for it. I do not sell anything to anyone on IORR. You're only moaning about that because you can't afford to buy an original. It's always the same: People who would like to buy the original CDs/DVDs themselves but don't have enough money try to make other people believe that only trading CDRs/DVDRs is the real thing. Come on, give it up finally, and accept that YOU can't buy it, but other people can do it!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 17, 2004 01:31

rambler is 100% right
some people like to have originals
but stevens skull is to thick to understand that,
steven why do you care about how people spend money

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-17 01:33 by melillo.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 17, 2004 06:57

Steven's posts are coming from a guy who cares for all the naive traders on this board who get told they can get a copy for $30 !
What he's trying to point out, is that if you ask around (either IORR or Shidoobee websites) then you'll get it for free through a trade or B&P....

He continually says this alot less times as the bootleggers keep pushing their titles for cash!!
If you want to buy it then that's fine - I buy numerous boots myself, but for those people who think they have to buy a title to get it then you don't have to - trade it for free.

Esky.

Date: December 17, 2004 10:45

Thanks rambler, please tell me about the quality of this DVD when you get your copy.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 17, 2004 18:26

wah wah - I have a copy and it's very good. To be critical 8.5/10, 10/10 = Gimme Shelter....

Date: December 17, 2004 18:32

He wants to know the quality of this version: [cgi.ebay.de]
I'll have it next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-17 18:33 by midnrambler.

Posted by: gimmestones ()
Date: December 17, 2004 19:46

18 Euros seems a lot, but it looks nice. If you like paying for the package, this fine.
If so trade for a DVDr, both work for me.
Just don't get a DVDr and THEN try and sell it for 20 Euros or $30, that REALLY pisses me off!!!

Date: December 18, 2004 00:26

Thanks guys. I missed the ebay auction but I think 18 Euros is not too bad for an original bootleg if the quality is good. So if anybody can offer it to me at that price (the original, that is) let me know...

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 18, 2004 16:18

Its a MAJOR upgrade over the copies that were previously in circulation...I'll B&P copies for anyone in the U.S...email me at bmccombs@bellsouth.net for details.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 18, 2004 22:35

Where do you think the ebay copy came from? LT transferred it from BBC tape to DVD-R, we treed it on Shidoobee and Bob B&P'd on Rocks off. Somebody gets a free copy a few weeks later, mass produces it with cheezy art, and collects $30 each. Their fellow profiteers here then try to convince everyone that because it is siver pressed and sold on ebay it is better quality. WRONG & SLEAZY and you can rip me all you want for shedding light this crappy practice.

Take Bob up on his generous B&P offer.

ps, when are the good people on this board ever going to learn to play nice and share their toys? I've yet to see a tree here. Is it about the music or the money?

Date: December 19, 2004 00:41

It was available on DVD long before someone transferred it from somewhere to somewhere and treed it whereever. I have an excellent copy on DVDR almost since DVDRs came up. The silver DVD "Paris - Knebworth 1976" is also available since a long time. So these Knebworth recordings are really nothing new.
Steven, I must say it again: If you don't have the money to buy it, tree it or get a DVDR from someone. But let us, who can afford it, buy it!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-19 00:48 by midnrambler.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 19, 2004 01:06

STEVEN YOU ARE A REAL BLOCKHEAD
ALL YOU WANT IS FOR PEOPLE TO PAT YOU ON THE BACK
FOR TREEING TITLES, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU CARE

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 19, 2004 09:39

The version of Knebworth which is sold on Ebay has the bonus with 3 "missing tracks" (around and around, hot stuff, you gotta move).

I've heard that the recent LT version is the short version without the missing tracks.

So, I think it has nothing to do with the Ebay version...It's a different source.

Am I wrong ?

Posted by: gimmestones ()
Date: December 19, 2004 16:04

Sounds like the inferior source, the 'bonus tracks' are crap quality

Posted by: Travino ()
Date: December 22, 2004 23:36

I don't knoiw if all these versions are from my transfer but the transfer I did is by far the best version out there - ask Mikey

I'd stick to the pal version - it says LT in the corner and is not compressed/converted - it was recoded from master in XP mode.

Regards

LT

Date: December 23, 2004 20:37

Meanwhile I have the digipak DVD in my hands. The quality is excellent if you turn down the colour intensity on your TV. The colours are very over-saturated!! The studio bonus is taken from Swiss TV and also excellent. The 3 Knebworth bonus tracks are not perfect as always.

Date: December 25, 2004 18:29

Thanks midnrambler and all of you. Does anybody know where I can purchase the original at a realistic price?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home