Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help Please
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:07

I know this is a really dumb question to ask, but i have just come into the twentieth century and now have the internet at home.

anyway i have managed to download some stones content, but when i try and transfer on to a blank cd i am recieving the message that there is not enough space on the disk to record on to it.

I have looked around and most blank recording disks appear to be for 80 minutes, obviously there msut be another way, hopefully some kind person will point me in the right direction.

Re: Help Please
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:26

I am not very technical, but burning Flac to blancs might be the problem.
First convert Flac to Wav and than try again.

Date: October 25, 2012 13:54

stonesmuziekfan

Okay, thanks.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:18

stonesmuziekfan

I shouldn't think it's that Jaap, I burn Flacs to disc all the time.

Odean73....I'm guessing you're downloading shows that when you unzip them you have one folder the name of the venue and date of the show with two more folders inside that. One for CD1 and one for CD2, are you sure you're not trying to burn straight from the main folder? ie. Trying to burn discs 1 & 2 togethor instead of disc 1 to one disc and disc 2 to a second disc., this would take you over the time and disc space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 14:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:19

Ok, ask your question again, but with a bit more detail. We could start with a very specific show, cd, or whatever, that you want to burn. What burning proggy do you have? How old is your computor? Apple or PC? The more info we get the better to help you.

I've stopped burning to CD & keep everything on an external harddrive

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:12

vox12string

I think that solution is the best one, all your stuff in one HD!!!

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:15

Argentino
vox12string

I think that solution is the best one, all your stuff in one HD!!!

Cheers,

Martín

And a back-up in case the HD crashes.
(Most I have got back again but I realy do miss some things from my crashed HD from 3 years ago)

Date: October 25, 2012 16:16

EddieByword
stonesmuziekfan

I shouldn't think it's that Jaap, I burn Flacs to disc all the time.

Odean73....I'm guessing you're downloading shows that when you unzip them you have one folder the name of the venue and date of the show with two more folders inside that. One for CD1 and one for CD2, are you sure you're not trying to burn straight from the main folder? ie. Trying to burn discs 1 & 2 togethor instead of disc 1 to one disc and disc 2 to a second disc., this would take you over the time and disc space.

I am sure that i did try and just burn CD1 on its own. I will go back and have another look at it.
Thanks i do appreciate the advice.e

Date: October 25, 2012 16:18

vox12string
Ok, ask your question again, but with a bit more detail. We could start with a very specific show, cd, or whatever, that you want to burn. What burning proggy do you have? How old is your computor? Apple or PC? The more info we get the better to help you.

I did say i have only just come into the twentieth century, please bear with me.thumbs up

Date: October 26, 2012 14:55

apologies for bunping this up again, some information

P C is less than six months old < windows 7 >

It was a voodoo lounge show sorry i forgot to write down what show it was, in my defence unfortuanately both of my parents are in hospital and with being different hospitals, time is of the essence these days at the moment.

Wouldent have a clue about the burning programme, lots to learn i know.

Date: October 26, 2012 15:35

To try and find out what burning program you have (or maybe don't have at least) click on the green 'START' button in the bottom left of your screen, a bigger box should open up also on the left, that should have your name at the top (or maybe the word 'Administrator'). There will also be a list of recently used programs on the 'white' side and details about your computer on the right in a light blue rectangle - 'My documents' etc. (ignore all that)
Down the bottom of the left hand white side you should see the words 'All programs'. Click on this, and a big list of programs should open up. Have a look to see if you can see the word NERO in that list. If you can, that means you have a Nero burning program.
Failing that, what icon did you click on to to try and transfer/burn to the disc? When you did click on whichever icon it was a bigger screen should have opened up with various options on it to do with music, ie burning, data transfer/conversion, It should have a name displayed prominently, I use NERO so don't know any other burning programs off-hand. But as I say when you tried to transfer/burn the folder to disc you would have had to start a program up to even get the messsage 'Can't burn - not enough space' which you said you got...............

Date: October 26, 2012 16:31

EddieByword
To try and find out what burning program you have (or maybe don't have at least) click on the green 'START' button in the bottom left of your screen, a bigger box should open up also on the left, that should have your name at the top (or maybe the word 'Administrator'). There will also be a list of recently used programs on the 'white' side and details about your computer on the right in a light blue rectangle - 'My documents' etc. (ignore all that)
Down the bottom of the left hand white side you should see the words 'All programs'. Click on this, and a big list of programs should open up. Have a look to see if you can see the word NERO in that list. If you can, that means you have a Nero burning program.
Failing that, what icon did you click on to to try and transfer/burn to the disc? When you did click on whichever icon it was a bigger screen should have opened up with various options on it to do with music, ie burning, data transfer/conversion, It should have a name displayed prominently, I use NERO so don't know any other burning programs off-hand. But as I say when you tried to transfer/burn the folder to disc you would have had to start a program up to even get the messsage 'Can't burn - not enough space' which you said you got...............

Nero is on there, i will take a look, hopefully tonight.

Thanks for all the information. It is appreciated.

Date: October 26, 2012 16:48

odean73
EddieByword

Nero is on there, i will take a look, hopefully tonight.

Thanks for all the information. It is appreciated.

If you've got Nero all you have to do now is narrow it down to which edition, for example, I have Nero 6 Ultra.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home