Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help for Amsterdam
Posted by: jstones ()
Date: February 9, 2023 17:36

Hi everyone - will be in Amsterdam in April and would like to visit some record stores for vinyl records of the Stones - can anybody recommend some stores particularly for vinyl bootlegs - Thank you for your reply

Re: Help for Amsterdam
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2023 17:47

The Record Palace is a must do. Hopefully you can meet the owner Jan, a really nice guy and wealth of music knowledge. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: February 9, 2023 19:32

Jan retired and sold the shop. But still a good place to go to. It's opposite of Paradiso. Holy Stones ground. Definitely go to Concerto and especially the second hand section. Loads of vinyl in this store. Waxwell in city center has some Stones in the shop but more in stock at the basement. Ask at the counter. Enjoy!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2023 22:25

Oh no, Jan isn't there anymore. He was an institution. Geez this is sad news. I hope he's well and enjoying life. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Everytime I visited Amsterdam that was first on my list.

Date: February 9, 2023 23:51

Sorry to hear about Jan - met him at the Novero record fair in Milan quite a few times - He also got me tickets to see the 3 shows in Holland in 2003 - never forget the guy - will stop by Record Palace and see if I can track him

Posted by: rubycatgirl ()
Date: February 10, 2023 11:28

RecordFriend in the Sint Antoniusbreestraat also has (lots of) Stones bootlegs. Usually (quite) more than Concerto. The shop is near metro station Nieuwmarkt.

Enjoy your stay!

'...I said we...we are heaven bound...'

Date: February 13, 2023 12:09

He's enjoying a record shop free life at the moment with his girlfriend. Won't be surprised if he shows up as a dealer at one of the bigger Dutch record fairs in the near future. He loves vinyl too much for that smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2023 15:00

Mack Jigger
He's enjoying a record shop free life at the moment with his girlfriend. Won't be surprised if he shows up as a dealer at one of the bigger Dutch record fairs in the near future. He loves vinyl too much for that smiling smiley

Mack hi and thanks for message - if you see him pls tell him that James of the Stones from Milano says hello and will be in Amsterdam from April 11 to 14 and would be delighted to have a coffe with him and his girlfriend - if possible tell him to send an email to jasegre@gmail.com - thank you

Date: February 14, 2023 11:45

Hi James, I passed it on. Hope you will see each other. Cheers.

Date: February 14, 2023 11:50

About the record stores. There's also Amstel Antiques & Records not far from Rembrandt Sq. They have a big Stones sign outside and some Stones bootlegs on vinyl. Prices are around 30 to 45 euros,

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 14, 2023 22:20

This is why I love this site! smileys with beer

Date: February 16, 2023 10:25

jstones
Mack Jigger

Mack hi and thanks for message - if you see him pls tell him that James of the Stones from Milano says hello and will be in Amsterdam from April 11 to 14 and would be delighted to have a coffe with him and his girlfriend - if possible tell him to send an email to jasegre@gmail.com - thank you

Hi Mack - just got mail from Jan and will try to see him in April - You seem to know a lot about record stores in Amsterdam - Do you live in Amsterdam ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home