Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1972 American Tour Poster
Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 24, 2022 20:37

I’m trying to buy a friend an original 1972 American Tour Poster.
I have found one for €250,00 and the seller says it is an original one, stating that it is one for indoor use and not one for outdoors.
Do you think it could be a legit item?
I’ve read that poster meant for outdoor we’re printed in linen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-24 20:40 by dunhill.

Re: 1972 American Tour Poster
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 24, 2022 21:53

Ask Matt Lee, he is the most expert fan on this matter!

Re: 1972 American Tour Poster
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 25, 2022 06:34

The originals were not printed on linen, however someone may have linen backed one, a very common practice in movie poster collecting to iron out the folds. There are way fewer original 1972 posters than people think. Many will tell you they bought theirs at the show as indeed it was a merch line in 1981. Does that count as original? Not in my book but an "original merch" item yes. There are very many different prints of this. Years ago I did an experiment with a poster collector and we bought about 10 between us. They were all different. There are more common reproductions with not quite black enough plane underbellies but no doubt there were several "official" runs. The 70's posters are a minefield. Poor or common repros I can tell from a picture but the better ones I need to have in my hand to be confident in an accurate appraisal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home