Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: 2006 Shows
Date: May 14, 2015 03:18

As you may know, I, along with the help of many amazing IORR users, have been compiling a Tour Archive (see my signature for the main directory). As can be expected, there are some holes in it. That's where you come in! Whether you have (you know who you are) or have not (you know who you are), please check your hard drives, CD-Rs, records, cassettes, whatever you have, and upload them to WeTransfer, MEGA, or FileFactory! We need to fill these holes!

Below is the list as of MAY 31st, 2015.

8. Jan 27, 2006 - Savvis Center, St. Louis, MO
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

10. Feb 01, 2006 - 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

13. Feb 11, 2006 - Coliseo De Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

16. Feb 23, 2006 - River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

18. Mar 01, 2006 - Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, Mexico
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

21. Mar 09, 2006 - Alltel Arena, Little Rock, AR
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

35. Jul 08, 2006 - Alcatraz, Milan, Italy (REHEARSALS)
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

53. Sep 01, 2006 - Koengen, Bergen, Norway
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

60. Oct 04, 2006 - Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, MT
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

61. Oct 06, 2006 - Mosaic Stadium, Regina, SK
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

62. Oct 08, 2006 - Mosaic Stadium, Regina, SK
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

67. Oct 29, 2006 - Beacon Theatre, New York City, NY
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

72. Nov 14, 2006 - Idaho Center, Boise, ID
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

75. Nov 25, 2006 - BC Place, Vancouver, Canada
-----ENTRIES NEEDED-----

2006 Tour Archive

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 22:59 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Re: Request: 2006 Shows
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 4, 2022 07:55

Not sure I should post this here but I was at the Regina shows. The first one was beyond amazing with the moon above and behind the stage and the performance incredible. So in my great regret and foolishness at not recording the first show, I decided there was no way I was going to miss recording the second show.

I had my tape recorder with me and hit record. I managed to get about 3 songs...then the battery died. With each song I recorded, upon playback, the recording got slower and slower. The only thing I managed to get that was memorable was Mick Jagger saying "Hello Regina! The city that rhymes with fun"

Oh and the reason I didn't record the first show was because of the piss poor mixing they did on Four Flicks. I couldn't even hear the guitars on that so I thought, well if that's how it is in concert, there's no point in recording it.

Boy was I wrong, I could hear Keith loud and clear and it was amazing. This is one of my biggest regrets of all the concerts I went to that I never got that one. It was the best concert I've ever been to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 07:59 by sanQ.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 4, 2022 08:17

sanQ
Not sure I should post this here but I was at the Regina shows. The first one was beyond amazing with the moon above and behind the stage and the performance incredible. So in my great regret and foolishness at not recording the first show, I decided there was no way I was going to miss recording the second show.

I had my tape recorder with me and hit record. I managed to get about 3 songs...then the battery died. With each song I recorded, upon playback, the recording got slower and slower. The only thing I managed to get that was memorable was Mick Jagger saying "Hello Regina! The city that rhymes with fun"

Oh and the reason I didn't record the first show was because of the piss poor mixing they did on Four Flicks. I couldn't even hear the guitars on that so I thought, well if that's how it is in concert, there's no point in recording it.

Boy was I wrong, I could hear Keith loud and clear and it was amazing. This is one of my biggest regrets of all the concerts I went to that I never got that one. It was the best concert I've ever been to.

i'd love to hear those 3 songs you did get if you still have the tape

even if they aren't perfect

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 4, 2022 10:59

ProfessorWolf
sanQ

i'd love to hear those 3 songs you did get if you still have the tape

even if they aren't perfect

If I find it, I will upload it. Maybe someone could fix the speed issue.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 5, 2022 08:17

Thanks for sharing your story!

Well... we have some great "speed masters here.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 5, 2022 18:30

I enjoyed your story, I'd love to here Mick saying, "Hello Regina! The city that rhymes with fun."

I've been collecting Mick mentioning different cities for a project I'm putting together. My biggest barrier is I only speak English.

I would love to have Mick saying, "Hello Regina! The city that rhymes with fun."

Thanks for capturing it!

Old joke gets laughs

Jagger pronounced Saskatchewan correctly and made a couple of comments
about the city and province that had the audience cheering. Even an old joke
about Regina got some laughs.

"Someone told me, 'Regina, it rhymes with fun,'" he said.

"I know Mick tried to avoid the "vagina" connotation by pronouncing the name of this Saskatchewan city as "ruh-JEE-nuh."

Since we're on the subject...

"Thank you, home of the Roughriders," he said as the crowd roared its approval, just before the band tore into Tumbling Dice.

Maybe you could help us understand that comment, too? Thank you

+++++

Rolling Stones dazzle crowd at 1st Regina show

Saskatchewan

CBC News · Posted: Oct 07, 2006

In Regina's biggest rock show ever — and its best, according to some of the 40,000 fans in attendance— the Rolling Stones played in Saskatchewan for the first time on Friday night.

Under a full moon on an unseasonably mild October night at Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field, the band many call the world's greatest gave the crowd two hours of iconic hits and sent them out in a blissful mood.

"It was awesome, the highlight of my fall," said Janice Rothermel of Qu'Appelle, Sask., east of Regina.

Rothermel said the light show was fantastic and she was thrilled to hear old hits including Satisfaction played live. It was also exciting to hear members of the band talk about her province, she said.

"It was like they really took an interest in where they were. It was definitely worth the price of the tickets."

Talk of the town

The show, and a second one on Sunday, have been the talk of the town for weeks and were expected to inject more than $10million into the economy.

Friday's concert began with an explosion of fireworks and the opening chords of Jumpin' Jack Flash. Vocalist Mick Jagger burst onto the mammoth 300-tonne stage and for the next 120 minutes ran, danced, pranced, strutted and shook his hips.

The set was largely a medley of fan favourites interspersed with songs from A Bigger Bang, the band's bluesy new album.

There were streamers, giant flames, a giant inflatable mouth and tongue, and a sliding stage that took the band halfway down the field.

Jagger worked hard to charm the crowd and it appeared to pay off.

"Thank you, home of the Roughriders," he said as the crowd roared its approval, just before the band tore into Tumbling Dice.

Old joke gets laughs

Jagger pronounced Saskatchewan correctly and made a couple of comments about the city and province that had the audience cheering. Even an old joke about Regina got some laughs.

"Someone told me, 'Regina, it rhymes with fun,'" he said.

Keith Richards, meanwhile, had the crowd awestruck and amused by turns.

During a solo, he smiled and took a long drag on a cigarette, to the apparent delight of those in the crowd who had heard media reports suggesting he might get ticketed for violating a no-smoking bylaw.

The notoriously hard-living rocker said it was nice to see the people in the stadium. "It's nice to see anybody," he added.

Fans flocked from several provinces

For the first concert, fans came from Saskatoon, Sturgis, Madge Lake and dozens of other communities around the province. Others made the journey from Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario to see Jagger, Richards, Ron Wood and Charlie Watts.

James Sterling of Moose Jaw came out of the stadium with a grin on his face.

"I was amazed at how great they were live," he said. "And to see a 63-year-old [Jagger] run around like that? I don't think I could keep up with him — I'm 31."

In the minutes before the show got underway, a carnival-like atmosphere prevailed outside the stadium. Scalpers tried to get rid of the last of their tickets. Vendors flogged $10 "Bigger Bang" key chains. Kids with cardboard signs flagged down people looking for parking.

Two blocks away, a cherry picker with a bucket was put into position to hoist people where they could watch the show for free.

One man paced outside the stadium wearing a sandwich board that read "Wanted [Rolling Stones] ticket."

Later, a woman was spotted wearing the same sandwich board. Her explanation? The man had sold it to her.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 11, 2022 23:07

wanted links 2006

2006.01.27 Savvis center St Louis Mi.rar [www.filefactory.com] 763.97 MB
DVD 2006.01.27 A Bigger Bang In St. Louis Savvis Centre.part1.rar [www.filefactory.com] 1.95 GB
DVD 2006.01.27 A Bigger Bang In St. Louis Savvis Centre.part2.rar [www.filefactory.com] 1.67 GB

2006.02.01 Baltimore 2006.rar [www.filefactory.com] 531.18 MB

2006.02.11 not in Stonesvault

2006.03.01 not in Stonesvault

2006.03.09 not in Stonesvault

2006.07.08 2006.07.08 Rehearsals Alcatraz, Milan (Including Video) [www.filefactory.com]

2006.09.01 not in Stonesvault

2006.10.04 not in Stonesvault

2006.10.06 not in Stonesvault

2006.10.08 not in Stonesvault

2006.10.29 Beacon Theatre, New York City 4 tracks only [www.filefactory.com] 123.41 MB

2006.11.14 not in Stonesvault

2006.11.25 Vancouver 25 nov 2006 - 7 tracks in poor-decent quality [www.filefactory.com] 90.48 MB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 08:52 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 12, 2022 02:38

What's left is the same on everyone's list as far as I know....

2006.02.11 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.03.01 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.03.09 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.07.08 not in Stonesvault - I don't have any info about these rehearsals
2006.09.01 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.10.04 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.10.06 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.10.08 not in Stonesvault - never circulated
2006.11.14 not in Stonesvault - never circulated

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 12, 2022 08:36

Just found it at YouTube
The Rolling Stones Rehearsals Alcatraz, Milan, 8 July 2006 (Including Video)
[www.youtube.com]

Stonesvault link [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-12 08:52 by stonesmuziekfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home