Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Copy STONES DVD’s to SSD (hard drive)
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 9, 2022 15:31

So hoping this is ok here but trying to copy all my DVD’s I bought to my Hard Drive it’s 4 TBs so I have room. smiling smiley

Most are like Four Flicks from Licks tour, ABB, all of the "From The Vault" stuff.

Wanted to do as ISO as don’t want any file degradation otherwise what’s the point of backing up DVD library?

Just want to save and play without needing a DVD player for physical disc I bought every single disc retail at time of release.

Laptop for ripping is new Apple M1 Max 10/32/64 64gb ram 4tbs ssd using latest Monterey OS. I’m using Apple SuperDrive (since it’s only option) using the USB C/ Thunderbolt 4 interface.

In the past I’ve used handbrake with the additional file needed for CSS etc but that was years back pre Catalina days on my Mac. Some done on a Windows desktop back then.

Have about 15-20 titles left to do so I would gladly purchase software but most commercial software has a UI that looks like it hasn’t been touched since 2012. Hate to spend $50 on software that may or may not work.

Thanks in advance

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-09 18:22 by chevysales.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Copy STONES DVD’s to SSD (hard drive)
Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 9, 2022 18:11

I'm guessing this was moved here which I understand.

Hopefully someone here with more knowledge than me can point me in right direction to get my DVD's onto HD?

Heck if I could buy them again in streaming form id even do that its not like we 50 year plus fans haven't bought some stuff more than one spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

thanks

Re: Copy STONES DVD’s to SSD (hard drive)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2022 19:40

chevysales

Laptop for ripping is new Apple M1 Max 10/32/64 64gb ram 4tbs ssd using latest Monterey OS. I’m using Apple SuperDrive (since it’s only option) using the USB C/ Thunderbolt 4 interface.

On Mac you could install a virtual Windows via Parallels Desktop and then run AnyDVD which can copy DVDs directly into ISO-files. Or try MakeMKV in the Mac-version. See also here: [iorr.org] .

Date: March 9, 2022 20:05

chevysales

Heck if I could buy them again in streaming form id even do that its not like we 50 year plus fans haven't bought some stuff more than one

Have you tried the Apple iTunes-Store? There're currently 27 RS-Movies in the US-Store. After the purchase you can also download them and make Backups.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: March 9, 2022 22:33

chevysales
So hoping this is ok here but trying to copy all my DVD’s I bought to my Hard Drive it’s 4 TBs so I have room. smiling smiley

Most are like Four Flicks from Licks tour, ABB, all of the "From The Vault" stuff.

Wanted to do as ISO as don’t want any file degradation otherwise what’s the point of backing up DVD library?

Just want to save and play without needing a DVD player for physical disc I bought every single disc retail at time of release.

In the past I’ve used handbrake with the additional file needed for CSS etc but that was years back pre Catalina days on my Mac. Some done on a Windows desktop back then.

Have about 15-20 titles left to do so I would gladly purchase software but most commercial software has a UI that looks like it hasn’t been touched since 2012. Hate to spend $50 on software that may or may not work.

Thanks in advance

Why does the first sentence in this start with the word "so"?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 9, 2022 22:34

I just put the dvds into a discdrive, select all, and than open a new folder in the HD and paste.

Date: March 9, 2022 23:00

stonesmuziekfan

I just put the dvds into a discdrive, select all, and than open a new folder in the HD and paste.

But he wants to rip his DVDs on the new Apple Mac with M1-Processor ....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: Copy STONES DVD’s to SSD (hard drive)
Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 10, 2022 04:41

stonesman87
chevysales

Thanks in advance

Why does the first sentence in this start with the word "so"?

Because...

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 10, 2022 09:44

I hope so much
I realy hope
So hoping

For me its all the same.

Date: March 10, 2022 11:48

Let me put it this way, in a very topical example:

Q: What is the greatest rolk 'n' roll band in the world?

A: So it's The Rolling Stones.

Why "so" it's The Rolling Stones? We hear answers starting with the word "so" all the time. It's a habit that can be kicked with just a second's concentration to refrain from firstly spewing out the word "so" without thinking.

It really has no legitimate place at the start of a sentence at all. And when you hear it and read it so often, then think about it for just a moment, it's easy to wonder why it needs to be used at the start of a sentence at all. I frequently wonder why somebody has commenced an answer with the word "so".

One of the greatest mysteries of the universe it what its meaning is when used at the start of a sentence. I think that it could be a mystery that will never be solved. QED.

Posted by: crjowls ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:30

stonesman87

Why "so" it's The Rolling Stones? We hear answers starting with the word "so" all the time. It's a habit that can be kicked with just a second's concentration to refrain from firstly spewing out the word "so" without thinking.

It really has no legitimate place at the start of a sentence at all. And when you hear it and read it so often, then think about it for just a moment, it's easy to wonder why it needs to be used at the start of a sentence at all. I frequently wonder why somebody has commenced an answer with the word "so".

One of the greatest mysteries of the universe it what its meaning is when used at the start of a sentence. I think that it could be a mystery that will never be solved. QED.

--stonesman87 You're the first person I've come across who thinks the same as me regarding the word so at the start of sentences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 14:31 by crjowls.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:00

"So" at the beginning of the sentence is the same as, "Let me explain," or "Here's the situation."

Date: March 10, 2022 21:52

crjowls
stonesman87

--stonesman87 You're the first person I've come across who thinks the same as me regarding the word so at the start of sentences.

Wow. There are at least two people in the world who think the same way about this. It in fact breaks the golden rule "never commence a sentence with a conjunction".

Thanks for your post, and ..... pleased to meet you (pun intended)!!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: March 10, 2022 22:38

You Kids are funny.... So, you're bored or what?

Should there be a comma. Who uses commas?

My favourite things are eating my childen and not using commas

Date: March 11, 2022 00:55

midimannz
You Kids are funny.... So, you're bored or what?

Should there be a comma. Who uses commas?

My favourite things are eating my childen and not using commas

The thing's like a speech impediment, with every word in the dictionary fair game to be redefined with the syllable "so-" at the start .... soI, sowe, sothat, sowhen, soit, sothere's, soyou ..... the list goes on almost infinitely.

It's a blight that can be overcome the same way that a stutter can be overcome - take one second, breathe calmly, and remind oneself that the first word to come out of the mouth does not need to start with the syllable "so-", then common sense will be restored.

It has a lot to do with effective communication as well, i.e. making sure that what you say or write conveys what you really mean, as well as the facts and the truth, instead of creating doubt, uncertainty, and confusion.

Date: March 11, 2022 01:03

Golly, gosh, another one to think about - if it's "DVD's" (um, a plural with an illegitimate apostrophe), then why isn't it "Stone's" (another plural with ...)?

What I can say is that I take those precious seconds to think about these things to try to get them right, then I feel better about having communicated effectively.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home