Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick Taylor with James Harman Band - Vol 01 - 06/02/91 - Solana Beach- (StonyRoad/Glimmerman SGP 08)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 27, 2021 10:48

Mick TAYLOR
With the James HARMAN Band

This is a series related to Mick TAYLOR shows with The James Harman Band in 1991 and it’s dedicated to the late great James Harman (June 08, 1946 - May 23, 2021)

Some months ago Glimmerman posted this new recording from Mick Taylor with the James Harman Band, but sadly these transfers were lossy and cannot be posted on all sites. Glimmerman sent me his original recordings and allowed me to make a new transfer and to rework it.
Here you will get this new transfer, lossless and reworked.
As for the other tapes he sent to me, this one can be considered as a StonyRoad/Glimmerman Production: the 8th one:
(StonyRoad/Glimmerman Production n°08)

A big thank you to all the people who recorded these shows, to my two accomplices nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave me the benefit of their versions of these shows and their advice and support and to Glimmerman who sent me his original recording... and therefore without whom this project would not have been possible.

Volume 01
Solana Beach
06th February 1991 – The Belly Up Tavern
6th February 1991: JAMES HARMAN BAND. Solana Beach, California, Belly Up Tavern
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/James Harman (voc, harm)/Joel Foy (gtr)/Jeff Turmes (bass)/Steve Mu-galian (dr)

CD1 (first set)
01 - It’s All Right Now
02 - I Got News For You
03 - I Declare
04 - Mick Taylor introduction and tuning
05 - You Shook Me
06 - Laundromat Blues
07 - Swamp Night
08 - You Got To Lose
09 - You Gotta Move
10 - Instrumental (and band introduction)

CD2 (second set)
01 - Extra Napkins
02 - Keep It To Yourself
03 - Crazy By Degrees
04 - Mick Taylor introduction and tuning
05 - Dynamite (title unsure)
06 - Red House
07 - Love Don't Mean A Thing
08 - Little Red Rooster
09 - The Stumble
10 - Oh Baby (and band introduction)

I edited the tracks, amplified them, equalized the channels and adjusted the phase.
I deleted or attenuated some micro defaults.
Note a little fade in/out between ‘Swamp Night’ and ‘You Got To Lose’ and between ‘Red House’ and ‘Love Don’t Mean A Thing’ due to cassette changes… but no music is lost.
‘Love Don’t Mean A Thing’ was in two parts, now reconnected at 3’43 with a little gap (note that the first part of the song was missing in the previous post!).

As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2021 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 04/12/21
[we.tl]
vol 02 wednesday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick Taylor with James Harman Band - Vol 01 - 06/02/91 - Solana Beach- (StonyRoad/Glimmerman SGP 08)
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: November 27, 2021 11:15

Thanks very much!!!

Re: POST: Mick Taylor with James Harman Band - Vol 01 - 06/02/91 - Solana Beach- (StonyRoad/Glimmerman SGP 08)
Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: November 27, 2021 11:28

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 27, 2021 11:32

Thank you smileys with beer

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: November 27, 2021 12:53

Thanks a lot!

N

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 27, 2021 17:52

Thanks a lot StonyRoad and Glimmerman!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: November 27, 2021 19:08

Thank you very kindly StonyRoad and Glimmerman! smileys with beer

Date: November 27, 2021 19:12

I remember when you contacted James Harman by e-mail Gonzalo... you told me he answered your question and was very kind.

Date: November 27, 2021 19:36

Quique-stone
I remember when you contacted James Harman by e-mail Gonzalo... you told me he answered your question and was very kind.

Yes!!! I remembered!!!
It was because of the Bluesin' Festival. I think the date was not correct or something like that. He didn't remember either LOL. He was very kind and he was very happy to have had MT on the last 3 songs. He spoke nice about MT.

4. Is It Yes? (w/ MT) [12:45]
5. Red House/Goin’ Down Slow (w/ MT) [Jimi Hendrix)/(James B. Oden] [12:31]
6. Worried About My Baby (w/ MT) [Chester Burnett AKA Howlin' Wolf] [10:46]

MICK TAYLOR and James Harman Band

"Bluesin' Festival '91"

Venue:
July 6, 1991. Pistoia, Italy, Piazza Del Duomo, 'Bluesin' Festival'

Sound Quality:
Very Good TV Broadcast (audio) recording from pro-shot

Lineage:
VHS > DVDr Standalone > DVD Audio Ripper > WAV (PCM s16) > Sound Forge > CD Wave Editor > FLAC Frontend (level 5) > FLAC

Complete setlist: yes

Tracklist:

1. It's All Right Now (w/o MT) [6:21]
2. I Declare (w/o MT) [6:51]
3. Oh Baby, Can I Have A Little Talk With You? (w/o MT) [8:25]

Line-up:
MT (gtr, voc) on the last 3 songs
James Harman (voc, harm)
Joel Foy (gtr)
Jeff Turmes (bass)
Steve Mugalian (dr)

EDIT: IF I find the email, I'll share it here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-27 19:44 by gonzalo76.

Date: November 27, 2021 21:20

Cool! You have e-mail GOnzalo! thumbs up

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 27, 2021 21:23

gonzalo76
Quique-stone

Yes!!! I remembered!!!
It was because of the Bluesin' Festival. I think the date was not correct or something like that. He didn't remember either LOL. He was very kind and he was very happy to have had MT on the last 3 songs. He spoke nice about MT.

MICK TAYLOR and James Harman Band

"Bluesin' Festival '91"

Venue:
July 6, 1991. Pistoia, Italy, Piazza Del Duomo, 'Bluesin' Festival'

Sound Quality:
Very Good TV Broadcast (audio) recording from pro-shot

Lineage:
VHS > DVDr Standalone > DVD Audio Ripper > WAV (PCM s16) > Sound Forge > CD Wave Editor > FLAC Frontend (level 5) > FLAC

Complete setlist: yes

Tracklist:

Line-up:
MT (gtr, voc) on the last 3 songs
James Harman (voc, harm)
Joel Foy (gtr)
Jeff Turmes (bass)
Steve Mugalian (dr)

EDIT: IF I find the email, I'll share it here.
thanks for the anecdote Gonzalo
Pistoia is the 4th volume

Date: November 27, 2021 22:20

I found it! Thank you Quique-stone !

I asked him the name of the first 3 tracks of Bluesin' Festival chapter from a DVD I downloaded from DIME "MICK TAYLOR IN EUROPE" that I later re-authored with chapters and menu and shared with the DIME community, also with the DVD-audio rip, in 2006:

Lineage:
VHS > DVDr Standalone > DVD Audio Ripper > WAV (PCM) > Sound Forge > CD Wave Editor > FLAC Frontend (level 5) > FLAC

Nico's page didn't mention the first 3 songs because MT didn't play on them.

910706A 6th July: JAMES HARMAN BAND. Pistoia, Italy, Piazza Del Duomo,
'Bluesin' Festival'
- Is It Yes? (James Harman/Jeff Turmes/Esten Cooke/Tom Morgan)
- Red House/Goin’ Down Slow (Jimi Hendrix)(James B. Oden)
- Worried About My Baby (Chester Burnett)
Line-up: See early February.
Note: The whole show was aired on Italian TV (Videomusic). Also a private
video of the whole show exists.

The DVD in question was:

MICK TAYLOR IN EUROPE

On the tracker, from video, transferred to a dvdr standalone. No menu. No artwork. Nothing fancy, no remastering. These are tv broadcasts, not audience films. There's a video glitch in Ligabue. Quality? 8 maybe. There is also a Stones live performance of Beast of Burden at the very end which I think came from San Diego 94.

In the set with the James Harman Band, Taylor looks like he borrowed some of Jagger's clothes.

From video, transferred to a dvdr standalone. No menu. No artwork. Nothing fancy, no remastering. These are tv broadcasts, not audience films. There's a video glitch in Ligabue. Quality? 8 maybe. There is also a Stones live performance of Beast of Burden at the very end from San Diego 94.

CHAPTER 1: YES FOR EUROPE
Ligabue with Mick Taylor
1996 June: Paris, outside of Louvre, "Yes For Europe"

CHAPTER 2: BLUESFEST LEV '97
Mick Taylor Band
1997 3rd May: Leverkusen, Germany, ‘Bluesfest Lev ‘97’
Telecast from "Crossroads" 3-SAT (German TV) on Jan. 9th 1998

CHAPTER 3 : BLUESIN' FESTIVAL
James Harman Band with Mick Taylor
1991 6th July: Pistoia, Italy, Piazza Del Duomo, 'Bluesin' Festival'

CHAPTER 4: BEAST OF BURDEN
Stones live performance of Beast Of Burden might be from San Diego 1994
1994 17th October: San Diego, California, Jack Murphy Stadium

CHAPTER 3 : Mick Taylor and James Harman Band

1991 6th July: JAMES HARMAN BAND. Pistoia, Italy, Piazza Del Duomo, 'Bluesin' Festival'

1. unknown song (without MT)
2. unknown song (without MT)
3. unknown song (without MT)
4. Is It Yes? (with MT) [James Harman/Jeff Turmes/Esten Cooke/Tom Morgan]
5. Red House/Goin’ Down Slow (with MT) [Jimi Hendrix)(James B. Oden]
6. Worried About My Baby (with MT) [Chester Burnett AKA Howlin' Wolf]

James Harman
monday, 25 sept 2006

Hello,
First off that recording you have is an illegal bootleg, not a legitimate release or any sort of official recording.
Secondly, I have no idea what songs I did or in what order I did them in; that was almost 16 years ago. I've been a recording and touring artist, working under my own name since 1962.
I don't usually work from a set list and although I like Mick as a friend, he couldn't remember any my songs we had rehearsed, so all I could do was make stuff up for him to play along with. He also couldn't remember any of "his songs" that he said he wanted to perform, so we had to back him on those same damn four old blues songs he tried to sing every night, like "Red House", "Little Red Rooster" etc. The two tours he went with us were not any fun for us because he didn't have it together at all.
However, if you send me a copy of this bootleg I will listen to it and try to help you with a title for that mystery song, otherwise I have no idea what it was now. Those shows may have been a big deal to you, but those two tours were nothing but a lame way to make some money for me.
Go to my website for my mailing address if you please.
www.jamesharman.com
Thank you,
James Harman

The tracks were:

EDIT: He was very kind and he was very happy to have had MT on the last 3 songs. He spoke nice about MT.
Well, reading his e-mail... I guess not confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 07:17 by gonzalo76.

Date: November 27, 2021 22:48

It's so cool to have direct contact with some artists and then be able to tell this kind of anecdotes.
R.I.P. James!

Thanks once again Gonzalo!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: November 28, 2021 00:24

thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 28, 2021 10:16

Stonesvault link

Mick Taylor with James Harman Band - Vol 01 - 1991.02.06 Solana Beach- (StonyRoadGlimmerman SGP 08) [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: November 28, 2021 16:11

Thank You

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home