Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

searching footages
Posted by: Jozsef ()
Date: October 22, 2021 18:15

One of my colleagues entrusted me with a task: she search rare or unseen footage of the band during the years Brian Jones was part of the band. They are focusing on Brian, but also anything Rolling Stones during this time. So much of The Stones footage has been seen, but she is hoping there are cameramen or fans who have film footage that no one has seen, maybe the films have not been digitised yet and they are gathering dust.
Well, my question is: has anybody heard any footages which is not well-known or noone has got them out there? Or fans who have 8mm or 16mm film footage in the basement that they can’t afford to digitise. Or filmmakers who have all their original film footage in storage that no one has seen. Maybe somebody knows hiding TV footage somewhere in an archives.
The footages turned up would be used in a new TV documentary. Thanks for any help and please send e-mail if you have any informations, as they are wanting to keep this search as quiet as they can.

musicreels(at)yahoo(dot)com

Re: searching footages
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 22, 2021 20:45

Jozsef

The footages turned up would be used in a new TV documentary.

Just a thought: maybe Rudi Dolezal from Austria knows where interesting archival Stones-footage can be found since he's 40 years in the video-business, has worked with Queen, the Stones, Bowie, etc. and has made several TV-documentaries. Maybe you could contact him via his latest project, the book: [www.MyFriendFreddie.com] .

Re: searching footages
Posted by: elmod ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:19

Dolezal/Rossacher have the complete Vienna 1982 concert on video. But they don't give it out.
Edit: I read the first post only now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 21:23 by elmod.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home