Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Request: She Was Hot & Sad Sad Sad Promo Videos
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 31, 2021 22:28

hi
i was looking through my promo collection and can't seem to find these to two then i went on youtube to download them and can't find them there either could some one please post them

Re: Request: She Was Hot & Sad Sad Sad Promo Videos
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: September 1, 2021 02:53

The She Was Hot video is in Video Rewind which you'll hopefully be able to find in stonesvault.

I have an idea that Sad Sad Sad was added to the list at [en.wikipedia.org] maybe not so long ago. There's a bit of detail about it at [www.imdb.com] I've never seen a mention of it until now. Will be interesting to see if anybody can find it somewhere.

Date: September 1, 2021 03:00

i have video rewind on vhs & beta but was hoping for a upgrade if possible don't know if the stones ever put it up on there youtube channel if not i'll settle for my beta copy

didn't know sad was rare or oddconfused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-01 03:04 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 1, 2021 05:56

The official Sad Sad Sad video is still on the RS-YT Channel : [youtu.be]
Sorry, I can't help with She was Hot, because I'm not home for a while.

Date: September 1, 2021 10:52

BlueTurns2Grey

Sure, but that's just a live version. What's interesting is the note at [www.imdb.com] that describes something different - "The music video begins in black and white with clips of a young boy and women dancing. The band plays as the video clips play throughout." Also that it's directed by Julien Temple.

Looks like the search continues .....

Date: September 1, 2021 11:06

stonesman87
BlueTurns2Grey

Sure, but that's just a live version. What's interesting is the note at [www.imdb.com] that describes something different - "The music video begins in black and white with clips of a young boy and women dancing. The band plays as the video clips play throughout." Also that it's directed by Julien Temple.

Looks like the search continues .....

So one more person is still looking for it now...

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: September 1, 2021 11:42

Is it this version?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 1, 2021 12:16

Download link
[we.tl]

RS V 1984 PROMO She Was Hot uncensored.mp4
71.5 MB
RS V 1990 OFFICIAL Sad Sad Sad (Live).mp4
13.7 MB
RS V 1990 PROMO Sad Sad Sad TOKYO.mp4
50.3 MB
RS V 1990 PROMO Terrifying.mp4
94.6 MB

Exile Stones

Date: September 1, 2021 12:22

Sad, Sad, Sad from Atlantic City '89 is one of my favorite Keith solos. Somehow, watching the video of Keith playing the solo makes it a lot better.

Date: September 1, 2021 12:32

joguema
Is it this version?

Wow, that appears to fit the description at [www.imdb.com]. Looks like you're onto something. smiling bouncing smiley

Now to find it in HQ .....

However ..... STOP PRESS ..... check out the credit at the end - "created by Melegorm". BlueTurns2Grey (see next post) - it looks like you could be right.

The search continues .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-01 12:38 by stonesman87.

Date: September 1, 2021 12:34

joguema
Is it this version?

This one seems to be fanmade, but a nice one.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 2, 2021 00:29

THX

Date: September 2, 2021 01:24

thank you exilestone
i was indeed looking for the for the non live video of sad sad sad just folowing wikipedia which says there is a video for it from 89 but nicos site says its not but that video from youtube does seem to be a little like the desciption on imbd maybe they used parts of it in it

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 2, 2021 11:09

The original video of Sad Sad Sad from 1990 was live in Barcelona.

Date: September 2, 2021 21:18

yeah it would seem so i'll trust nico over wikipedia or imbd

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 2, 2021 22:22

Thanks!

Date: September 3, 2021 00:10

It seems that the right conclusion has been reached - that a Sad Sad Sad non-live promo video doesn't exist.

A few years ago, I researched all Stones promo video releases and made what I concluded to be a comprehensive and final list. My research naturally included reference to the list on wiki. I didn't pick up on a Sad Sad Sad video in that list at the time, and I have to conclude that it's been added since then, mistakenly, it seems. If anybody can get in touch with him, Julien Temple might be able to confirm that.

Date: September 3, 2021 00:43

i have a question in regards to the videos on youtube versus video rewind why does she's so cold and waiting on a friend have stereo tracks on them on rewind but not on youtube was the stereo version only on rewind but the televison version had mono or is it just youtube

and why does she's so cold look so terrible on youtube when compared to the one on rewind

Date: September 3, 2021 14:36

The only Sad, Sad, Sad official video I've ever know is live. Whoever wrote about Julian Temple video is full of bullshit.

[www.imdb.com]

Date: September 3, 2021 18:51

yeah seems so

Date: September 3, 2021 20:20

ProfessorWolf
yeah seems so

You got it. There are bad leads sometimes but there are many good leads and good people to help you find great Rolling Stones stuff. This hobby never ends!

Keep up your good work professor! We appreciate you.

Date: September 4, 2021 05:55

thanks very much i love it here

Date: September 4, 2021 08:02

By the way, which scene from She Was Hot was edited or censored ? I read about the TaB bottle at the end of the video clip, but I can't remember seeing it without this or any other scene.

Date: September 4, 2021 10:46

BlueTurns2Grey
By the way, which scene from She Was Hot was edited or censored? I read about the TaB bottle at the end of the video clip, but I can't remember seeing it without this or any other scene.

There were three scenes censored from what I remember. When the buttons popped off the guy's pants while watching Anita Morris on the movie screen.

Another was when Mick pushed the model's head down into his crotch during the band scene and she crawled under his leg. The other was when the flames shot out of her ass at the very end.

I didn't know about the TAB.

Date: September 4, 2021 11:22

exilestones
BlueTurns2Grey
By the way, which scene from She Was Hot was edited or censored? I read about the TaB bottle at the end of the video clip, but I can't remember seeing it without this or any other scene.

There were three scenes censored from what I remember. When the buttons popped off the guy's pants while watching Anita Morris on the movie screen.

Another was when Mick pushed the model's head down into his crotch during the band scene and she crawled under his leg. The other was when the flames shot out of her ass at the very end.

Thanks for your info exilestones.

I read this on [ilovetab.com] :

...“There is a close-up of a can of TaB in the ORIGINAL music video, which was edited out before it was ever shown on MTV. I happen to have the uncut version, shown on a now-defunct independent music video channel (U-68 from NYC). I’m not sure, but I think it was cut from the video for legal reasons. But it was there at one time, I have proof!”...

Now I think they used the close-up of the TaB can to hide poppin' up buttons at the end and surely things for the other scenes, that you described. The man on the chair is also shaking a TaB can in his hands, while watching the girl on the last scenes. It would be interesting, to see the censored version. Maybe I should have a look again at my old video tapes, but my players are out of order at the moment. Something for my very long to-do list....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-04 11:45 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: September 5, 2021 12:40

Great exilestones!. Thanks a million

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: September 5, 2021 16:22

BlueTurns2Grey
exilestones
BlueTurns2Grey

...“There is a close-up of a can of TaB in the ORIGINAL music video, which was edited out before it was ever shown on MTV. I happen to have the uncut version, shown on a now-defunct independent music video channel (U-68 from NYC). I’m not sure, but I think it was cut from the video for legal reasons. But it was there at one time, I have proof!”...

Now I think they used the close-up of the TaB can to hide poppin' up buttons at the end and surely things for the other scenes, that you described. The man on the chair is also shaking a TaB can in his hands, while watching the girl on the last scenes. It would be interesting, to see the censored version. Maybe I should have a look again at my old video tapes, but my players are out of order at the moment. Something for my very long to-do list....

I wonder if this was the version that had Off The Hook playing at the end. I seem to

Date: September 5, 2021 16:23

BlueTurns2Grey
exilestones
BlueTurns2Grey

I wonder if this was the version that had Off The Hook playing at the end. I remember that when I saw the video on MTV in the late 80s.

Date: September 5, 2021 16:27

stonesman87
It seems that the right conclusion has been reached - that a Sad Sad Sad non-live promo video doesn't exist.

A few years ago, I researched all Stones promo video releases and made what I concluded to be a comprehensive and final list. My research naturally included reference to the list on wiki. I didn't pick up on a Sad Sad Sad video in that list at the time, and I have to conclude that it's been added since then, mistakenly, it seems. If anybody can get in touch with him, Julien Temple might be able to confirm that.

Do you have that list available? I'm curious if there's any I haven't seen

Date: September 6, 2021 03:49

gomper076
stonesman87

Do you have that list available? I'm curious if there's any I haven't seen

It's effectively based on what's on that wiki page and the official music videos at [www.youtube.com]. Other IORRers might like to suggest other reference sources, but dang I wish Mercury would make some progress with [www.mercurystudios.co] and tell us something. anything , more. It's been like that all year.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home