Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: help collecting all avaliable footage of the 72 tour together for a dvd set
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 11, 2021 01:59

hi
sure this isn't the first time this has been attempted but i've been collecting the footage for a while for a dvd set i'm putting together i already have a lot here is what i have so far

the segments about the tour from 25x5 & crossfire hurricane

all the dick cavett stuff including his official release on dvd

cocks-cker blues but i would like to know what the best version around right now is sound and picture wise

ladies & gentlemen plus the outtakes (though in very low res)

the live footage from philadelphia, toronto, the winterland, msg

news footage about there vancouver show
video: [www.youtube.com]
don't know if everyone has noticed this one

the rehearsal footage though i'm missing the footage of them getting there award

the super 8 footage robert frank shot for the exile cover

the exile promo clip

micks interview on the old grey whistle test with the tumbling dice video

the footage of them rehearsing in texas

robert franks interview in his documentary (sorry can't think of the name) with him talking about & footage of cb but need it in higher res

so is there anything else that i'm missing or can get in better quality

and i would really be interested in any good interviews (audio or video) with the band members or people close to or involved with the tour reflecting on it or tell stories about it

and finally any audio of radio or tv coverage of the tour i have bit from boston but nothing beyond that

any recomendations, we transfer links, or just youtube links would be very appreciated

and most importantly
get well charlie

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 03:36 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: Request: help collecting all avaliable footage of the 72 tour together into a dvd set
Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: August 11, 2021 04:22

I have quite a bit of clips I can share, just give me a day or two to round it all up. If the Boston coverage you have is video, could you share that?

Also, are you sure the 'Toronto' footage is actually from Toronto, and not Montreal? The CBC had some news coverage of the Toronto show but their archives list it as missing. The National Film Board of Canada shot a bit of Montreal for a documentary.

Re: Request: help collecting all avaliable footage of the 72 tour together into a dvd set
Date: August 11, 2021 23:51

thank you i would love to see what you come up with
you seem to be a wealth of rare goodies from 72

your right its montreal my mistake
the boston report is just audio and its only about 30 sec and its a wma file
but here it is just in case this slipped past you
we

also what is the best c-ocks-cker blues around i have big cb and a copy i got from a guy at a record store which appears to be a straight recording of a vhs copy to a dvd and it has a scene i can't find in the big cb near the end where a women is being interviewed outside about her kids being taken by the state

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 01:05 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: Request: help collecting all avaliable footage of the 72 tour together for a dvd set
Date: August 12, 2021 05:56

I've heard the Boston audio report already, but didn't have it saved, so thanks for the link.

Here's a bunch of stuff I've dug up over the past few months going through a number of different television archive websites and other places:

-news coverage of crowd, Washington 07/04/72
-news coverage of crowd, Minnesota 06/18/72
-National Film Board of Canada coverage of crowd, Montreal 07/17/72 (two clips)

-amateur 8mm footage of crowd, Seattle, 06/04/72 (this was shot by a man named Dr. Fritz Hengge - his daughter told me that he and his wife were just curious about the people gathered around, so he got his camera out! They did not attend the show unfortunately. Downloaded it from her original upload on Vimeo: [vimeo.com])

-CBS News story about crowd outside 07/25/72 MSG show, narrated by Charles Osgood

-NBC News story about drug arrests in France, December 72

-Contemporary report about the Akron Rubber Bowl, with brief footage from the show in Akron, 07/11/72 (you can hear 'Gimme Shelter' faintly, but no shots of the band)

[we.tl]

Re: Request: help collecting all avaliable footage of the 72 tour together for a dvd set
Date: August 12, 2021 21:09

wow thank you
didn't know some of this existed you should make a separete post of this just because i'm sure many others don't either

great job

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 21:13 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: August 12, 2021 21:32

looking through this i have to ask do you have similar collections for other years scoured from tv archives

Date: August 12, 2021 21:38

This is it as far as television clips - my primary interest is Brian/Taylor era, so the 69 and 72 tours are my main focus when searching through those types of collection sites, and the 72 tour was much more of a media-driven endeavor, hence the amount of coverage.

Date: August 12, 2021 23:14

thanks but if you ever are able to come up with rare clips like these for the 75 & 78 tours be to share this is all really cool
i really liked the report from msg where the reporter was analyzing the fans clothes in a sort of passive aggresive way
also seattle was really cool i know someone who was there who's gonna be looking for himself in the crowd

by the way i seem to remember keith in life saying something about truman capote talking about his experince on the tour with johnny carson but i can't seem to find did it really happen or is keith mistaken

Date: August 13, 2021 00:19

Truman was on the Tonight Show a couple times in 72, but July 20th, 1972 is probably the episode where he would've discussed the tour. I've emailed the organization that retains the Carson shows before about getting specific episodes re-circulated, but it never really gets too far.

Date: August 13, 2021 01:23

these interviews from carson are on youtube but after skipping through them i can't seem to find any mention of the stones

video: [www.youtube.com]

this one would be to early

youtube
youtube

and these two are after the tour but it says 3 parts but part 3 is no were to be found

and there has to be some interviews with marshell chess, chip monck, and others who were on the tour where they talk about it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-13 01:26 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 13, 2021 23:45

THX sofar

and ..... give me some time and I will look for some 72-footage

Date: August 15, 2021 00:56

thanks stonesmuziekfan i appreciate it

Date: August 15, 2021 02:18

oh and automaticchanger i forgot i found this on youtube some time ago this a video of audio recorded from tv & radio reports regarding the 2 boston shows

we

Date: August 23, 2021 00:11

This isn't only '72 but just what I found in one folder.
Did not find the time to sort by date.

Video Tracks.part1.rar [we.tl] 1,86 GB
Video Tracks.part2.rar [we.tl] 1,86 GB
Video Tracks.part3.rar [we.tl] 1,86 GB
Video Tracks.part4.rar [we.tl] 1,86 GB
Video Tracks.part5.rar [we.tl] 813 MB

Stones Trailers, TV Spots and other oddities.part1.rar [we.tl] 1,86 GB
Stones Trailers, TV Spots and other oddities.part2.rar [we.tl] 131 MB

1972 - Tour of the Americas Movie.rar [we.tl] 777 MB

all expire August 29
No re-ups

Date: August 23, 2021 02:53

wow thank you this is so generous

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: September 2, 2021 09:55

Any chance to get an upoad for the stonesmuziekfan files?

Download link
[we.tl]

1 item
Local News & Various Bits Of Footage From The 72 Tour.zip
357 MB

Date: September 2, 2021 22:43

here is

video track 2
we

and 5
we

thats all i got at the moment

the rest i backed up to another drive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 23:13 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: September 3, 2021 17:26

Thanks very much PW!!!

Date: September 7, 2021 11:10

re-up all

Video Tracks.part1.rar 1,86 GB [we.tl]
Video Tracks.part2.rar 1,86 GB [we.tl]
Video Tracks.part3.rar 1,86 GB [we.tl]
Video Tracks.part4.rar 1,86 GB [we.tl]
Video Tracks.part5.rar 813 MB [we.tl]

Stones Trailers, TV Spots and other oddities.part1.rar 1,86 GB [we.tl]
Stones Trailers, TV Spots and other oddities.part2.rar 131 MB [we.tl]

Date: September 7, 2021 21:57

Thanks very much Jaap !!!

Date: September 8, 2021 03:33

thanks for putting it back up its a lot for me to do

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 12, 2021 00:49

I saw a couple of 1972 clips in the Bill Wyman "The Quiet One" movie last night

Date: September 12, 2021 01:57

yeah so did i when i watched it don't remember if they looked new to me i'll have to pull out the dvd and have a look again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home