Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Big CS blues question
Date: August 14, 2021 17:02

Hey all,
Hope everyone is having a nice and safe summer.
Yesterday, I came down to my man cave and was trying to figure out what to do. I have seen pretty much all that interests me on the streaming channels so I went to my plex server and decided to watch a Rolling Stones movie. Usually, I pick L&G, Marquee, or LA75. But instead I decided to pop big cs blues in.

I don’t watch this one too often as it is really a commitment. But I watched anyway and enjoyed it, but then I got to the end. It may have been a good 10 years since I watched it, but I do remember the ending scene was with Keith reciting the first verse to Brown sugar. This was totally missing. It goes from them walking off stage after SFM to the credits.

I thought maybe when I ripped it something went wrong. (Being a bit lazy) I went out and grabbed a few copies of cs blues on the net. The one copy was a rip of the 4reel productions version. Low and behold it is missing the same ending scenes. I grabbed one that was an idol mind prod and it was complete.

I am sure this is old news but did anyone else ever notice this and why was that portion cut? I always took Big CS was always considered the ultimate version.

Also, while I was searching for some copies I seem to remember about 10-15 years ago there was “supposedly” a Robert Frank film collection. I could have sworn somewhere I read a copy of CS Blues was to be included. I know all the rules surrounding the film which is why I thought this was odd. I did some searches for
Frank’s film collection. There is one that has 6 minutes or so of stones content. I am guessing it is the film of the boys walking around Los Angles in 1972.

So did the release ever come to fruition or was it just a rumor. I thought I looked it up back then and it did say it was included but the collection was really expensive.

Just wondering.

Craig

Re: Big CS blues question
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 14, 2021 19:06

There are indeed two versions with different ending circulating.
Found out myself a few years ago.

Date: August 15, 2021 00:12

Knowing me, I probably burned the disc spot checked it and never went all the way through the movie.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 09:15

I never seen the one with the Keith ending. Is there a specific release that has it?

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 11:52

[iorr.org]
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
1972 Cucksucker Blues Soundtrack 22wma,128
Track 21 Fragile (short Snipped-Brown Sugar opening Riff Keith Richards reading Brown Sugar 53sec

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 18:19

I have 3 versions:

CS Blues

Description:

CS Blues is an unreleased documentary film directed by Robert Frank chronicling The Rolling Stones' North American tour in 1972 in support of their album Exile on Main Street.
The film was shot cinéma vérité, with several cameras with plenty of film left lying around for anyone in the entourage to pick up and start shooting. This allowed the film's audience to witness backstage parties, drug use, roadie antics, fey artists and the Stones with their defenses down.
The resulting movie was at once so dreamy and harsh -- crowded with scenes of the Stones nodding out, roadies balling groupies, and assorted tour hangers-on shooting up -- that the band refused to permit its release. Eventually Frank secured right to screen it once a year, but it has only appeared on video in bootleg form.

A film by photographer Robert Frank on the Rolling Stone's 1972 American tour. Not released by the Stones because it contained scenes of drug use and groupie orgies.

Seeder's notes:

I got this excellent copy on video a few years ago...had it transferred on a standalone DVD recorder by a friend...no menu or chapters(maybe YouGotToRollMe could reauthor it for me?) I've attached some generic artwork to the torrent...I think this copy is better than the one 4Reels sourced for Big CS Blues...let me know if you agree!

---

BIG CS Blues (4 Reel) (re-mastered)

1xDVD9 or 2xDVD5 Set

Newly Transfered Print - Best Available
Interactive Menus/Song Selection

Description

A film by photographer Robert Frank on the Rolling Stone's 1972 American tour. Not released by the Stones because it contained scenes of drug use and groupie orgies.

This is the notorious Robert Frank Film "CS Blues" Special Edition Double DVD-R documenting The Rolling Stones 1972 Exile On Main Street Tour. This is definately not for the kids! It should have been called "It's Only Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll" because that is what this is all about. This DVD-R has been sourced from a nice 16mm film print. It is in both Black & White and Color, recommended for Rolling Stones fans! This footage was shot during the same tour as "Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones". This film probably never had an official release because Rolling Stones management didn't want the public to see what happens behind the scenes of a Rolling Stones Tour. This is the DEFINITIVE VERSION by 4 REEL PRODUCTIONS - This is the BEST available version! This DVD-R comes with an additional disc of Bonus Extras!

BONUS Material

Saville Theatre 1969
Australian Tour Documentary 1973
Promos
Brown Sugar Clip 1973
David Frost Show 1969
Interviews With Mick Jagger
Mick And Biancas Wedding

:Comment from Cover:

With all the versions of this floating around out there, we decided to put out the best possible version we could find and here it is!
The video and the audio were re-mastered entirely along with all the bonus material making this THE definitive version.

ENJOY
4REEL PRODUCTIONS

Liberated by KoolKat Entertainment

---

Hope this helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 22:19 by gonzalo76.

Date: August 20, 2021 14:20

I definitely don’t have the remastered big cs. Watching it the other day really made me wonder. There were some parts that were really in rough shape. At that time I really thought the old vhs tape I had of it had less dropouts than big cs. But then the vhs was poor resolution and instead of a blue tint it practically had a purple tint. Lol

Is there any online resource that has the remaster cs blues available?

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 18:52

[email protected]
I definitely don’t have the remastered big cs. Watching it the other day really made me wonder. There were some parts that were really in rough shape. At that time I really thought the old vhs tape I had of it had less dropouts than big cs. But then the vhs was poor resolution and instead of a blue tint it practically had a purple tint. Lol

I sent you an email.

PS: I can also share it here in a new post. Don't know if it's ok or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 20:03 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 21, 2021 00:25

gonzalo76
[email protected]

I sent you an email.

PS: I can also share it here in a new post. Don't know if it's ok or not.

Same here... please...

ricardostone@hotmail.com

Anyway: thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home