Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does anyone have the Freezer/Art Parr tape of the 6/1/75 show ?
Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: June 3, 2021 04:18

Does the original Freezer/Art Parr recording of the 6/1/75 Stones show that they could share here ?

Re: Does anyone have the Freezer/Art Parr tape of the 6/1/75 show ?
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 07:10

I forgot to write the original seeder confused smiley ...
I don't know if this is freezer's recording...

The Rolling Stones
Baton Rouge
Louisiana State University Assembly Center
Dunkirk Hall
June 1, 1975 - afternoon show

lineage: CDr / EAC / (Adobe) / flac

artwork included

quality: samples below

There are quite a few CDs and CDrs out there with this show - I always liked this version the best but as I can't find my Idol Mind-release I can't compare to make up my mind for one more time.

I'm sure it won't take long and somebody will write something like "Midnight Rambler wasn't the encore" because there was no time to read this info here ;-) What I can say is that I received both Baton Rouge shows as 2nd generation-copies long time ago and my original tapes had Midnight Rambler as encore on both shows as well. Even Nico has it as encore and I really don't care if others screwed it up for one reason or another :-)

Further there's a bonus-track included recorded at the same venue on May 31st when the Stones had their final (?) rehearsal before the tour started. Quality is not that good but it's part of the history anyway - thanks to my buddy here from Dime who sent me this song. I never had that one before. To make it worth a listen i deleted an interview which was placed in the middle of the song with Adobe - the complete one might be part of a DVD-seed sooner or later.

CD 01

01 Honky Tonk Women
02 All Down The Line
03 If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud
04 You Gotta Move
05 Rocks Off
06 Ain't Too Proud To Beg
07 Star Star
08 Gimme Shelter
09 You Can't Always Get What You Want
10 Introduction
11 Happy
12 Tumbling Dice

CD 02

01 Luxury
02 Fingerprint File
03 Angie
04 That's Life
05 Outa Space (incomplete)
06 Dance Little Sister
07 Brown Sugar
08 It's Only Rock'n'Roll
09 Jumpin' Jack Flash
10 Rip This Joint
11 Street Fighting Man
12 Midnight Rambler
13 BONUS track: All Down The Line (incomplete) filmed by ABC-TV on May 31, 1975

In comment #1572254 Currie wrote something like this:
Thanks for this one. Is this Ronnie's first ever Stones show?

#1572354 by lazybones at 2007-01-14 03:45:47 GMT
it is. it's also his birthday.

In comment #1572269 freezer wrote something like this:
Sorry, if this is the tape with the taper blowing a whistle, there are NO low generation versions of this show in circulation.
No low-gen copies were ever distributed of either 6/1/75 Baton Rouge shows, sorry.

#1572759 by silkcut1978 at 2007-01-14 10:23:46 GMT
This is not a transfer of my tapes but I wonder how you define low-gen? both BR-shows are around in great quality - a quality which one can't have on a fith or sixth copy I'd say.

#1573035 by Lordbud at 2007-01-14 13:29:28 GMT
I always thought VGP-375 was taken from low-gen tape;
it certainly has the best sound for both Baton Rouge shows, IMO.

#1573176 by midnrambler at 2007-01-14 14:46:09 GMT
The VGP (First Night Stand) and the Idol Mind (Baton Rouge 75) releases come from different sources. The Idol Mind sounds much better IMO. The sound of the VGP is quite crappy, don't know why they used such a bad source. This one here is the same source as the Idol Mind version, so it's the better one, maybe it's even a lower generation than the IMP. It has also been out on a 3 LP vinyl release titled "Cajun Queen's Afternoon Delight".

#1573787 by freezer at 2007-01-14 19:01:03 GMT
My recording has a loud cheerleaders whistle blown right after Honky Tonk Women, used to applaud. All the Stones shows I taped in 1975 have this whistle. Baton Rouge, San Antonio, Jacksonville.

One of the boots mentioned already is an edited version of this tape, with edits between songs.

It isn't a different source recording, to the best of my knowledge.

Both use the same recording, but isn't the Idol Mind nothing more than a copy of an older boot? I thought that's all Idol Mind did, copy other bootleggers' products and add lots of highs and hiss by over eq'ing the tape.

oh, and VGP 375 was taken from some 10th gen copy, right? I collect cdr-boots made from bad copies of tapes I made, but I haven't made comparisons between them in quite a while.

Lossless

Download link: [we.tl]

---

“I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-03 07:26 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: June 3, 2021 07:12

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: June 3, 2021 18:05

@gonzalo76, thank you very much, the first we transfer sounds the best, but I still wonder why do the bootleg people EQ the daylights out of recordings ?
Thanks again for your share

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home