Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Black and Blue Sessions Leaks ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 2, 2021 17:37

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in "Tell Me" ;-)

I'm not sure when they appeared there but Nico's site lists songs from the B&B sessions that I'd never heard of

1974 page [www.nzentgraf.de] :

- Impression (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Philippines Girl (MJ/KR) -unverified; might be early version of Indian Girl
- Rock Fire (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Something Good (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Wonder (MJ/KR?) -maybe early version of Worried About You
- You Nearly Stayed Too Long (MJ/KR?) -unverified

1975 page [www.nzentgraf.de] :

- Built That Way (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- U.S. Fresh (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Bill's Demo (BW) -unverified
- Find Yourself (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Paint Your Body (Skank Your Pussy) (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Too Late Now (MJ/KR?) -unverified

It doesn't sound like titles extracted from the infamous "RSMS mailbox" recordings done outside De Doelen in Rotterdam. Martin Elliott mentioned that some studio logs had appeared this year but I can't see any discussion of that either...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-03 01:52 by gotdablouse.

Re: New Black and Blue Sessions Leaks ?
Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: January 3, 2021 00:16

Thanks for the post & finding this! The most interesting thing to me is any unreleased RS, even if some turn out to be working titles (Miami, Zabadoo etc.'68)

The treasure hunt is on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-03 00:17 by KevinM.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 3, 2021 00:34

i wonder if these might just be titles for the mailbox recordings many unamed instrumentals and jams and not exactly new tracks though that is of interest to

Date: January 3, 2021 01:50

Possibly but unlikely as there's nothing I can think of with vocals on there that could give a clue to these titles...Having said that a "connoisseur" once told me that he heard an early version of "Stricly Memphis" on these four 90' cassettes but I never found it !

Besides I've noticed more new info on the 1974 page [www.nzentgraf.de]

- Impression (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Philippines Girl (MJ/KR) -unverified; might be early version of Indian Girl
- Rock Fire (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Something Good (MJ/KR?) -unverified
- Wonder (MJ/KR?) -maybe early version of Worried About You
- You Nearly Stayed Too Long (MJ/KR?) -unverified

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 5, 2021 02:26

wow this year might be pretty interesting if
these are signs of things to come and You Nearly Stayed Too Long sounds interesting

Date: January 12, 2021 20:37

The silence is deafening ;-)

--------------

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 12, 2021 20:46

I think when Nico's wrote "unverified" it means that this versions/tracks never circulated

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 13, 2021 11:21

One has to wonder where Nico got the list? From someone in the band's camp, working at the Vault, who compiled the list as they were transferring all 74-75 studio reels to digital?

Or from a private collector who owns these outtakes? And, in true fan fashion, will die rather than sharing what he's got? grinning smiley

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 13, 2021 11:46

dcba
One has to wonder where Nico got the list? From someone in the band's camp, working at the Vault, who compiled the list as they were transferring all 74-75 studio reels to digital?

Or from a private collector who owns these outtakes? And, in true fan fashion, will die rather than sharing what he's got? grinning smiley

I cannot understand that, not sharing the music, some of my greatest experiences came from people sharing music with me and me in turn doing the same.

I had a awesome FB message from an old school friend who raved about listening to Records in my parents Family Room when at High School, and granted it was the 1980's and the amount of music that was flooding us was incredible, you couldn't listen to Radio and not be utterly blown away by the variety and quality of the sounds, the 80's stand like a collosus astride music history only rivalled by the 60's in my opinion

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 13, 2021 13:06

dcba

If someone sends you a document asking you not to pass it around: would you do it anyway?
For example I received a recording from someone who works in concert sound reinforcement, if I put it into circulation its origin will be easy to establish and he may lose his job.
Nico Zentgraf helps us a lot by referencing the information that is at his disposal and sometimes some people can be very active without putting themselves forward.

Date: January 13, 2021 14:26

StonyRoad

Nico Zentgraf helps us a lot by referencing the information that is at his disposal and sometimes some people can be very active without putting themselves forward.

Indeed!
Thanks to him we have a rather detailed picture of what the complete Art Colins tapes or the BTB outtakes look like (getting to listen to them is another story).cool smiley
Btw I wonder if this new 74-75 material is part of the AC legacy. Could it be that the band had given the man a bunch of cassettes of old material to see if he felt there was anything valuable in them...? (just guessing here).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-13 15:11 by dcba.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 14, 2021 10:03

dcba

So what exactly is it YOU shared?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 14, 2021 20:45

Seems like someone is delving into Black and Blue recordings with a view to a 2024 50th anniversary release.So who is passing this info to Nico and why the updates.Keep extuned.

Posted by: catlaw ()
Date: January 14, 2021 20:45

gimme_shelter
dcba

So what exactly is it YOU shared?

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 14, 2021 21:14

Tonstone
Seems like someone is delving into Black and Blue recordings with a view to a 2024 50th anniversary release.So who is passing this info to Nico and why the updates.Keep extuned.

Unfortunately the 50th will be in 2026. I like the idea of a 45th anniversary...smoking smiley

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 14, 2021 21:50

You are correct it was April 1976 when it was released.Oh well an extra 2 years seems nothing in timescale to getting albums out.Perhaps they should get outtakes out earlier because after a time period no one will care or buy them.I have been collecting since 1974 but now I dont really care .

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: January 15, 2021 00:53

I want a Black And Blue deluxe as much as the next guy but maybe in the meantime let's get a deluxe It's Only Rock N Roll first

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 15, 2021 16:15

They did not care in anniversarys
as they released Sticky deluxe in maybe 2015(?) and Some girls deluxe in 2011 if I remember right. Exile deluxe was not released in 2012 but in 2010...

So relax. It will happen or not. There is no logic in their politics.

AND think about Beggars Banquet 50-anniversary . You don´t remember? You don´t have to. There were zero bonustracks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-15 16:56 by deardoctor.

Date: January 15, 2021 19:29

Yes and there might be more "interesting" stories around B&B than IORR to sell a Deluxe version, namely the "great guitarist hunt". We saw what they did to push GHS with "Scarlet" ;-)

--------------

Date: February 23, 2021 00:35

Looks like "- Built That Way (MJ/KR?) -unverified" will soon be making its first appearance here : [iorr.org]

--------------

Date: February 23, 2021 10:09

And logically the handful of other outtakes should follow "soon" on vol.4-5-6?
(let's be optimistic).

Optimism part deux : the B2B outtakes, said to "circulate" for quite some time now, should also find a way to the common fan population.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-23 10:15 by dcba.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: February 26, 2021 01:12

Doesn't look like any are from this forthcoming collection either:

[photos.google.com]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 26, 2021 05:39

JMARKO
Doesn't look like any are from this forthcoming collection either:

[photos.google.com]

Except "Built That Way", CD2, Track 6, although listed as from "ca. 1984" here.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: February 26, 2021 06:37

Assuming Paint Your Body and Too Late Now are early Hey, Negrita and Hand of Fate?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 26, 2021 07:47

JMARKO
Assuming Paint Your Body and Too Late Now are early Hey, Negrita and Hand of Fate?

Most likely, yes.

Date: February 26, 2021 11:40

Hadn't thought of that, seems likely yes.

That upcoming collection has two tracks listed as being from that period not shown here:

- Walk With Me Wendy - 1974
- Nobody's Perfect - 1975

--------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home