Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
50 years of Dirty Work Torrents
Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: April 29, 2012 13:02

Someone on the internet has been so nice to collect as many Stonesrecordings as possible and filed them under the name 50 years of Dirty Work: 1963, 1964, 1965 etc Live shows, studios sessions, interviews etc. It's all there.

Felix Aeppli's book was his guide. Just as the book these DL files/torrents are a magnificent piece of work. I started to Dl them lately, but there are still many years I miss. It is hard to find the torrents from 1972 and onwards. 1976 is there, just like 1989, but the rest is missing.
Does someone has a link/links to all the other years/torrents?

Thanx in advance
PR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-29 13:03 by princerupert.

Re: 50 years of Dirty Work Torrents
Date: April 29, 2012 13:20

This is what the Dude self has to say about his project:

Having got tired of buying/downloading hundreds, nay, thousands of Rolling Stones official and unofficial vinyl records and CDs, only to find that there's a constant overlapping of tracks and a lot of confusion surrounding their studio output, there was one wish on my mind. That there was someone who would take it upon himself or herself to try and make sense of the many variations, overlappings etc. in the Stones catalogue and try and find the best possible audio for each and every track the Rolling Stones have ever recorded in their career. And of course I waited in vain. So I started assembling as many RS records as I could get, bootlegs and official releases, in order to try and get the complete RS discography in the best possible quality.
A very important website which has helped me with this is the one by Felix Aeppli (google is your friend). I wish to make clear that I am not him, nor am I in any way affiliated to him, hell, I don't even know the guy. But what he has done is a marvellous job, in trying to construct a complete picture of all available (and, sadly, unavailable) Rolling Stones audio.
With his work as an indispensible guide (and, indeed, using his numbering system - PLEASE check Felix Aeppli's website how to use the numbering system!) I set out to find all of the tracks mentioned on his website. I think I can say I have found most, if not all, tracks, and I am presenting you these tracks, in chronological order. This has been a labour of love for the past few years now, so I hope you all can appreciate the work that has gone into this.

I am not saying it is perfect - there are tracks missing (and where they are, it is noted), and for some tracks there may be better sources. In these cases, I hope you can help me out in trying to get this work complete and in even better sound quality.
In each track's description I have mentioned the source. These can vary from bootleg recordings to official CDs, YouTube rips and some vinyl rips. Where I used mp3s as a source, this is also pointed out. Where tracks were issued both in mono and stereo, I have included both. Where I have multiple sources for a track which sound markedly different, I included every one of them.

Not only have I tried to find all of the Stones material, I also searched for each original recording of cover songs they recorded (be it live or in the studio). These will also be presented. Where I was in doubt which version the Stones would have based their cover version on, I have included more than one track.
I am presenting you all of this material in folders which are catalogued by year. These are not presented as cut-and-dried 80 minute audio CDs, but as complete folders. Whatever you want to do with them, do so. My aim was to get it all into one place.

Please do not ask me for artwork, please do not ask me to up this as mp3s, or why I didn't include md5-files or whatever other stuff people seem to find important (I'm no good/too lazy at that stuff), but please do offer constructive criticism where due, and above all, please upload better quality tracks or missing tracks when you have them. I think the Rolling Stones' catalogue is totally underpresented and well worthy of a thorough remastering job, but since that is unlikely to happen (especially with the 1960s material), I have started this project in the hope that I/we could achieve something similar.

Where I used my own CDs, I ripped them using EAC, where I downloaded stuff I kept them as FLAC-files, unless they were mp3, in which case I converted them to FLAC as well, to keep some kind of continuity (but, again, where this is the case, I have made mention of this). After converting everything to FLAC, I used Foobar's Scan-Per-File-Track-Gain function to get similar audio levels for the tracks.
I could not have done this without some great torrent sites like Hunger City (and indeed, Demonoid) and I would like to thank each and everyone that uploads stuff, now it's (finally) my turn to give something back.

I have also taken a shot at their solo outings, but that will come later (if you'll all be nice).

I sincerely hope you will appreciate all the work that's gone into this project and hope you can help wherever possible, and for now let's shut up and enjoy
the first installment of what I have named THE ROLLING STONES - 50 YEARS OF DIRTY WORK

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 29, 2012 13:25

There's a HUGE number of them on Demonoid, shared by "the57thbeatle".

There are 17 additions too... Good luck getting all these! >grinning smiley<

Date: April 29, 2012 13:30

Thanx Addition< 12,13 and 15 already on my HD

Date: April 29, 2012 18:35

Well, it's a good thing they were able to "find the best possible audio for each and every track" opposed to for every track.

Certainly they could have used a better name than Dirty Work...

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 29, 2012 23:22

Maybe I'm missing something ... Working off an iPad...is there a link to this undertaking (aka dirty work)?
Have to agree that the name could've been more creative, but perhaps trying to accomplish this massive task might have felt a bit like dirty work.smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:13

I loved the thought of getting all this but it'd be an absolute ratio-killer.

Thanks to the guy who uploaded them, though. Its an incredible effort.

Date: May 7, 2012 00:37

1972 is back now on isohunt.... but to DL them all is almost the same hell of a job ,as to put this all together....Keep on trying

Posted by: Meanbandit ()
Date: August 13, 2013 06:27

I also tried to download them, and managed (including during Demonoid's falls and rises) to download only 1962-1968, 1971, 1978-1980, 1983 and 1985. The rest of the volumes are either on closed computers of demonoid, or seeded incompletely (3 to 99 per cent). But a re-upload is sure out of question. Dreams...

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 13, 2013 06:40

50 years of Dirty Work? That's what, 8 years or so of Back To Zero? Pass

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 13, 2013 08:42

I got them all, on my PC at home. I forget how many gigs it took up. Possibly 3 or 4 BluRay data disks

Date: August 13, 2013 09:38

Any chances they'll be shared? Historians need resources, and other people could find something interesting.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 15, 2014 20:51

We should revive this stuff. I have most of it. But I would need someone to create the torrent because I don't know how to. I wish the original uploader and creator could be found. This should be revived on another site. It's pretty awesome to know that you have nearly everything. If the original uploader turns up, tell him to contact me. I would love to see this going again.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: March 15, 2014 21:20

sanQ, I can Upload a few years worth... as a matter of fact I believe I have the Taylor years, maybe I just do those...

Date: April 2, 2014 17:17

I'm glad you don't forget it.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 2, 2014 21:15

I missed it when it was originally uploaded by the57thbeatle at Demonoid, so reviving it anywhere and keeping it alive should be a second chance and great indeed!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 2, 2014 21:36

I know for sure the original uploader is not going to do this again.
All and all it is over 1000 gigabite.
It is a mix of official and un-official stuf so one can only torrent secretly.
Also it partly is mp3, untill flac come along.
I do have them all, including additions by myself and stuf I did get from from "mister Ultimate Guide" who does not like to see his name in plublic, so that's why I call him this way.

I promissed to torrent additions to this tracker Demonoid, but just as I made a start with this, the tracker when down.

I think I know a torrentsite that alows small official parts, or maybe I am mistaken. Must ask to be sure about this.

At the moment I have no time for this, but have been looking to share all this for a seccond time.
Most stuf you already have in various no label cd's.

I can transfer it all to an external harddrive for anybody whom wants this 50 years of Dirty works, either send me an external Harddrive big enough to store over 1 terrrabite or drop one off at my homeadress.
You can contact me if you like this offer, but don't expect me to pay for P&P.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-02 21:41 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: April 2, 2014 22:51

Demonoid is back online [www.demonoid.ph]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 3, 2014 01:53

I sure do wish I could remember my Demonoid password!smiling smiley I've changed email provider since it went down...boy, do I miss it...it was THE best torrent site ever!

Posted by: ede ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:55

what is Demonoid ??

Date: April 3, 2014 20:43

Godxofxrock9

In that case I could reseed again.
No changes to the Original downloads.
Maybe start this weekend.

Date: April 3, 2014 20:45

Mr.D
I sure do wish I could remember my Demonoid password!smiling smiley I've changed email provider since it went down...boy, do I miss it...it was THE best torrent site ever!

Just sign up again using a new nick and pass

Date: April 3, 2014 20:46

ede
what is Demonoid ??

A torrentsite.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: April 3, 2014 21:10

Could some send me a Invitation code Nicolasvennitti0@yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 21:10 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 3, 2014 21:25

Godxofxrock9
Could some send me a Invitation code [email protected]

Same here; can't remember username and e-mail address I used to sign up....
christiaan.wouters@telenet.be

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 3, 2014 21:26

Godxofxrock9
you have email as well as Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 21:28 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 3, 2014 23:45

Godxofxrock9

Is that the real demonoid ? Last year there was already another demonoid claiming to be the real one...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:00

stonesmuziekfan
Godxofxrock9
you have email as well as Chris

Thanks Jaap!
Got it and it worked smileys with beer

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: bibididone ()
Date: April 4, 2014 02:17

Could you please give an invitation code please? bibi.didone@gmail.com

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: April 4, 2014 05:34

could i get an invite too please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 19:37 by bitman.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home