Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LA Forum 75 DVD v LA Friday
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 4, 2012 08:09

So are the dates and the blurb at the Stones Archive correct?

11 July Friday Night - Video Filmed

11 July Friday Night - Audio Released Officially 2/4/2012
//
13 July Sunday Night - Audio Bootlegged and released as Rockin at the Forum amongst others (Smokin Stones credits 9 July Wednesday)

Am I on track here, realise we have absolute sonic experts on this, so be gentle

Re: LA Forum 75 DVD v LA Friday
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 4, 2012 09:03

no,

audio release on stonesarchive is from july 13th

rockin at the forum is the name of several boots from 11th & 13th

video is correct (JUly 11th), also smokin stones as july 9th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-04 09:16 by falo01.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 4, 2012 12:15

Ahh ok so a show recorded on Sunday is released as a Friday just to keep in tune with a Bootleg, now that's an acknowledgement to the distrubutors of the original recording

to quote the Archive today

LA Friday ’75

Mistitled by bootleggers back in the '70s as LA Friday, the recording was actually made on Sunday 13th July 1975, at the final performance of the Rolling Stones' five night residency at the Los Angeles Forum. The show was part of the Rolling Stones Tour of the Americas, which started with a bang, the band playing on a flatbed truck driving down 5th Avenue in New York City, showcasing their new guitarist, Ronnie Wood. The lineup for the show is Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood, Bill Wyman, Ian "Stu" Stewart, Billy Preston, Ollie E. Brown and Trevor Lawrence. Remastered by Bob Clearmountain, the album contains an incredible versions of "Fingerprint File" and "Angie".

So hey if they're prepared to tip the hat to yall, maybe a consideration could be given to letting them have some of the recordings they don't have...ok so I want the Doco, archive whatever to be amazing going forward for the next generation, and most of the old analogue material must be deteriorating...whatdya reckon people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-04 13:30 by SKILLS.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 6, 2012 00:13

Actually there is no bootleg with the title L. A. Friday. The correct album title is 1975 Nervous Breakdown. However "L. A. Friday" is also written in big letters on the background of the cover photo of the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-06 00:15 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: April 6, 2012 00:24

What about the VGP release Vol. 82? The first issue is called 'L.A. Friday' but only with the ending 1975.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 6, 2012 13:55

Rolling on
What about the VGP release Vol. 82? The first issue is called 'L.A. Friday' but only with the ending 1975.

Oh yes, indeed. I completely forgot that one...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 6, 2012 14:02

There's also 'The Complete LA Friday Tapes'...a 4CD boxset.
CDs 1 & 2 are exclusively from the 13th and CDs 3 & 4 are mostly from the 13th (different and better source than CDs 1 & 2 but incomplete - the missing tracks (6 of them) are made up by inserting the corresponding tracks from the 10th)..........

Date: April 6, 2012 14:06

I think midnrambler was mainly talking about old vinyls, which is the point for me:
when did the expression "LA Friday" first appear ? Maybe on the vinyl above.
That it was used for several CD titles is known.

Date: April 6, 2012 14:12

Ahhh, right O.K. got you........I'm no help there then, I only had 1 vinyl from '75.....1 of the Baton Rouge shows, If I remember rightly (Long time ago) with a green cover....

Date: April 6, 2012 14:46

it`s funny how little errors develop and become "history" some day.
see LA Friday, see all the wrong 1978 track details, etc.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2012 15:47

EddieByword
CDs 1 & 2 are exclusively from the 13th and CDs 3 & 4 are mostly from the 13th (different and better source than CDs 1 & 2 but incomplete - the missing tracks (6 of them) are made up by inserting the corresponding tracks from the 10th)..........

If you have read the liner notes for that Rattlesnake box, the bootlegers are aware that the show took place on a Sunday, but wanted to pay tribute with the original bootlegs by using the legendary "la friday" title.

Just like Bob Dylan's Manchester concert of 1966 is known as "Royal Albert Hall 1966". Even the (now) official release says "The Royal Albert Hall concert".....AS A TRIBUTE to the old bootlegs.

Date: April 6, 2012 15:58

Erik_Snow
EddieByword

If you have read the liner notes for that Rattlesnake box, the bootlegers are aware that the show took place on a Sunday, but wanted to pay tribute with the original bootlegs by using the legendary "la friday" title.

Just like Bob Dylan's Manchester concert of 1966 is known as "Royal Albert Hall 1966". Even the (now) official release says "The Royal Albert Hall concert".....AS A TRIBUTE to the old bootlegs.

Yeah, no problem Erik...I wasn't saying anything about 'it', only saying there is another boot going under that 'Friday' title but Midnight & Falo were talking about vinyls anyway so it didn't matter..I shoulda read their notes more carefully.......... smileys with beer ......Also, mine is Dandelion not Rattlesnake.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2012 16:02

EddieByword
Erik_Snow
EddieByword

Yeah, no problem Erik...I wasn't saying anything about 'it', only saying there is another boot going under that 'Friday' title but Midnight & Falo were talking about vinyls anyway so it didn't matter..I shoulda read their notes more carefully.......... smileys with beer ......Also, mine is Dandelion not Rattlesnake.....

Aha, sorry I should have read the conversation more carefully. Oh yes, it's Dandelion; not Rattlesnake. (though it's the same people behind this bootleg). Beautiful box set BTW. Cheers Eddie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home