Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Live In Paris 1976_FaloMatrix_CaptainAcidRemaster
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:30

Greg44
"Ah, great. At least one person made a comment"(...)

Eh Captain...
How to make comments on pushing the door which are already open?
To my taste, to my ears, Laughingsam's remaster sounds better.
It's not meant to be discouraging but on the other hand
it's hard to overlook this simply fact

Best

Hey Greg, what`s the matter with you man? You don`t like Mr D`s artwork, you think Erik Snow will design it better?! He himself has answered to you on that matter.
You didn`t like Rotterdam Rehearsals, you think LaughingSam remaster is better than mine.
Well that is fine by me. I have remastered someone else`s work here, sort of (in this case matrix done by Falo).
But here read what Laughingsam himself wrote about this work of mine:
...."This remaster is the best this show has ever sounded. Even with the narrow image of both sources, the final rendering has ample separation of the sound, clarity, and retains a realistic balance. Keep up the great work regardless the amount of feedback, people appreciate your work....."

You are way too negative man and you are just whining like an old lady all the time. There is always something wrong in my work,for you! So do not download it anymore! It`s simple as that. And stop sending mail to me, i do not want to have anything with you anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 14:31 by CaptainAcid.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 1, 2012 14:35

maybe he is a preston fan ;-)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 1, 2012 15:03

-

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 20:19 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: March 1, 2012 16:19

I did like Mr D`s artwork VERY, VERY much,
I did like ALL your Richard's remasters VERY much,
I didn't like the SOLE IDEA of remastering Rotterdam "dead corpse" (let rest it in peace) but I didn't evaluate the results of your work itself.
I do prefer Laughingsam's Paris 1976.06.06 over yours.
Irregarless of the opinion of others who may have the deepest knowledge on the colour of Jagger's socks on EVERY possible concert and being able to cite these data in the deepest night.
I don't recall more sins though surely I'm (and will remain - such is my wish and even whim) incorrigible sinner, Captain.
But... PLEASE don't take it too seriously or worse, for God's sake, personally.
Hugs,
Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 20:04 by Greg44.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 2, 2012 02:30

Hey Capt -- I wasn't sure where to post such a question, so I'll do it here where you're likely to see it.

What software do you use for your remasters? And do you pipe any hardware into the process?

Date: March 2, 2012 10:50

Laughingsam
Hey Capt -- I wasn't sure where to post such a question, so I'll do it here where you're likely to see it.

What software do you use for your remasters? And do you pipe any hardware into the process?

Hi LS,
i work in Soundforge 10.0 Pro and mostly using "Waves" bundle (plug-in`s).
This is the usual process:
1. first i fix the pitch (if necessary)
2. second i fix the phase (if necessary)
3. third i do the EQ
4. last thing is final level correction (by RMS not the peak)

I am doing those restoration remasters for 10 years,now. I used to do much more things to a recording. In the beginning i was sometimes using Noise Reduction now i NEVER do it.
And now the favorite subject, and the biggest difference in yours and mine remastering style - Compressors and Limiters. I know you like compressors and use them a lot. I did the same thing, for years. And then suddenly, BANG, one day i realized no, this is a big mistake. I mean using compression that much.
I was working a lot with Waves Maximizer (compressor of a kind and limiter,too) and first reaction is that everything is much better, closer in your face. That can help sometimes with very distant sounding boots,to bring it closer a bit.
But very compressed track sound very tiring after a while, it gives me a headache when played live. This is how most of new,official remasters are done, by compressing everything to death. All in your face, but too much,no dynamics. New official Stones downloads like Hampton are the worst example of how to destroy recording with awful mastering ( compression-brickwalling)
The bottom line is like in Zen philosophy - Less Is More ( considering what i do in remastering )
As i have stated before i am a professional musician for 31 years,now. This remastering bootlegs is my hobby, but that is what i do in my day job, recording and producing albums and playing live shows, rock`n`roll of course.
Cheers
Captain

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:10

well well,i´m still analog man when it comes to remastering.But there are things that i cannot do,like widen the sound or speed corrections,for those i need computer.

I personally HAVE BEEN waiting remastered version of rotterdam-75 tapes,i´m too lazy to do it myself,and i knew someone can do better work with it than me.

Have you tought doing the same thing for 73 tour rehearsals?

There is left tons of bootlegs,from where to do matrix

for 75 rehearsals,i have 2cd to "add" pignose 2cd,i´ve never listened itsmiling smiley

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: March 2, 2012 11:59

Many thanks, Captain.

Good work.

thumbs up

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 2, 2012 18:26

CaptainAcid
Laughingsam

Hi LS,
i work in Soundforge 10.0 Pro and mostly using "Waves" bundle (plug-in`s).
This is the usual process:
1. first i fix the pitch (if necessary)
2. second i fix the phase (if necessary)
3. third i do the EQ
4. last thing is final level correction (by RMS not the peak)

I am doing those restoration remasters for 10 years,now. I used to do much more things to a recording. In the beginning i was sometimes using Noise Reduction now i NEVER do it.
And now the favorite subject, and the biggest difference in yours and mine remastering style - Compressors and Limiters. I know you like compressors and use them a lot. I did the same thing, for years. And then suddenly, BANG, one day i realized no, this is a big mistake. I mean using compression that much.
I was working a lot with Waves Maximizer (compressor of a kind and limiter,too) and first reaction is that everything is much better, closer in your face. That can help sometimes with very distant sounding boots,to bring it closer a bit.
But very compressed track sound very tiring after a while, it gives me a headache when played live. This is how most of new,official remasters are done, by compressing everything to death. All in your face, but too much,no dynamics. New official Stones downloads like Hampton are the worst example of how to destroy recording with awful mastering ( compression-brickwalling)
The bottom line is like in Zen philosophy - Less Is More ( considering what i do in remastering )
As i have stated before i am a professional musician for 31 years,now. This remastering bootlegs is my hobby, but that is what i do in my day job, recording and producing albums and playing live shows, rock`n`roll of course.
Cheers
Captain

I’ve been doing remixes for a few years now too. I’ve flip flopped on using effects like limiters and compressors. Their effects can be bold and exciting at first, but then repeated listens are a bit fatiguing. I try to listen to mixes I’ve done on as many different systems as possible and if I find one that sounds shrill I go back to the master and remix. I started posting on IORR.ORG mainly because I wanted a test group to provide feedback (but alas you know how that goes).

I also record my own music and that of friends, but we all have day jobs smiling smiley. I recently started using this program called Presonus Studio One Pro and find it has some very cool features for recording, mixing and editing multi-tracks.
Thanks for sharing. I’m going to try and exercise more discretion towards dynamic range for my next mix.

Marko -- I think your analog remasters sound great. That Harman Kardon EQ of your is still kicking?!

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 3, 2012 10:51

YES ofcourse old Harman&Kardon is still kickin,been working with Pink Floyd shows,a lot of them,wayyyy too many.

My stones collection is about to be finished,in a way i´m pissed because FBI killed megaupload,but then again i´m not.The owner lived like a bastard,very greedy one with our money,that is wrong,no matter how many files i uploaded.

Been thinkin about hotfile,as its similiar to megaupload.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 3, 2012 10:58

Why not try bit torrent Marko (Hunger City)?

Date: March 3, 2012 13:31

Hotfile is pretty good so far. And torrents and Hunger City are the best. HC is just the coolest place with torrents for rare recordings. The best thing is that members of the site are quite clever bunch of music fanatic with best and most constructive answers given in the comments section.That is why all Acid Projects have world premiere on HC.>grinning smiley<
So HC wants you, come and share your music.smoking smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2012 14:48

"members of the [Hungercity] site are quite clever bunch of music fanatic with best and most constructive answers given in the comments section"

That's exactly what I told myself when I looked into the mirror this morning... grinning smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 17:27

dcba
"members of the [Hungercity] site are quite clever bunch of music fanatic with best and most constructive answers given in the comments section"

That's exactly what I told myself when I looked into the mirror this morning... grinning smiley

U2 ? lol

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: March 3, 2012 17:33

Just dl this work today. F------ good job!
Thanx a lot.

cheers Bo smileys with beer

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: March 14, 2012 11:55

tx for this one, sounds already great on my ipod, now on cd in the car tonight :-) tx man

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 14, 2012 19:17

I'm downlaoding this one right now and thanking you Captain.
Also thanks once again to Mr. D!
thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home