Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: In The Shade Of The Game Dirty Work Production [DWP 004] , 2 CD
Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: September 16, 2019 14:39

Hello,

I'm looking for a copy of this concert which I attended; 1997-12-09: Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA

If anyone can help with my quest it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Markbot

[www.dbboots.com]

Re: Request: In The Shade Of The Game Dirty Work Production [DWP 004] , 2 CD
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 16, 2019 16:56

Hi Markbot,

I hope this is what you are looking for ...

[we.tl]

In The Shade Of The Game Dirty Work Production [DWP 004] , 2 CD
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 16, 2019 20:02

thumbs up nice recording of a strong show!
The fact that Ron is somewhat high in the mix enables us to notice he contributes absolutely nothing to the performance. Keef has to indeed "cover his @ss" and play most of the licks.
Listen to OOC : Keef does a splendid job on this one!

The boot runs quite fast so a rework (I didn't say "remaster") might be necessary...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-16 21:57 by dcba.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 16, 2019 20:04

thank you!!!!

Date: September 16, 2019 22:52

If this is my recording (actually taped by a friend six rows on the floor in front of Keef using my gear-the same gear for my Charlotte recording) then we have the master DAT. I could rip it and there wouldn't be any speed issues.

It wasn't until 1998 that I could transfer DAT to CD-R so some cassettes dubs of Atlanta potentially leading to speed issues may have been circulated.

The only track from my Atlanta recording I've seen surface was No Expectations as a bonus track on one of the VGP releases.

VGP got a DAT clone of my master DAT they used for Anybody Seen My Stone in Charlotte VGP-154 so it doesn't get much better than that. The only real difference is my DAT has the fireworks and outro music at the end of the show which was not included by VGP.

Thanks for the share!

Markbot

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 16, 2019 23:58

Markbot
If this is my recording (actually taped by a friend six rows on the floor in front of Keef using my gear-the same gear for my Charlotte recording) then we have the master DAT. I could rip it and there wouldn't be any speed issues.

Markbot

I'd be very graeful if you could or would do that... thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 17, 2019 01:38

DWP 004 Also available in stonesvault here [iorr.org]

Date: September 17, 2019 19:55

Hello,

I downloaded the "In the Shade..." bootleg (thanks again) and carefully compared it to the DAT rip of the Atlanta 1997 master recording I have in my archives. I compared in SoundForge audio editor the intro of both recordings before and up to the beginning of Satisfaction. I can state with high confidence based off this limited comparison that these are two different recording sources of the same concert.

Prior to doing this comparison I listened to the "Shade" bootleg in my car on the ride home from work yesterday up to the No Expectations track. I was 99% sure that I had never heard this version of this concert before. So I confirmed this on my laptop with SoundForge.

I haven't listened to the Atlanta recording in my possession in many years, but I believe it is somewhat plagued by audience interference close by the taper at times. The taper (Jabhead) was on the floor in front of Keith very close to stage and things get pretty rowdy at times. I was seated back by the B stage and wanted to enjoy a Stones concert with my Mom without having to tape. Jabhead stepped up and did a good job. This recording was shortly after we taped the Charlotte show and was not quite as good so DAT clones were not distributed. We're not "hoarders", but just weren't in the tape trading circles at the time. How VGP got a clone of my Charlotte DAT is a long story for a different time.

So in summary:

1. I need to get off my ass and release the Atlanta DAT master I have.
2. Someone with skills beyond mine needs to perform a speed correction of the Shade bootleg. It just may be the superior source. If someone does this please drop me a note.

This is a great Stones community and I want to thank everyone for your help in identifying these recordings. I believe I have most the circulating sources for other master tapes (cassette & DAT) in my vault. So I know what I need to do.

Anytime I post something on Dime there is no need to ask if it's OK to repost here. The answer is yes it is OK.

If anyone thinks they can remaster one of my recordings for the better go for it, share it, and let me know where to get a copy.

Sincerely,

Markbot

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 20:05

Please, somebody do the speed correct on DWP-004 and post. THANKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-17 20:06 by andrews27.

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 20:07

Thanks.thumbs up

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 17, 2019 20:20

Markbot
Hello,

I downloaded the "In the Shade..." bootleg (thanks again) and carefully compared it to the DAT rip of the Atlanta 1997 master recording I have in my archives. I compared in SoundForge audio editor the intro of both recordings before and up to the beginning of Satisfaction. I can state with high confidence based off this limited comparison that these are two different recording sources of the same concert.

Prior to doing this comparison I listened to the "Shade" bootleg in my car on the ride home from work yesterday up to the No Expectations track. I was 99% sure that I had never heard this version of this concert before. So I confirmed this on my laptop with SoundForge.

I haven't listened to the Atlanta recording in my possession in many years, but I believe it is somewhat plagued by audience interference close by the taper at times. The taper (Jabhead) was on the floor in front of Keith very close to stage and things get pretty rowdy at times. I was seated back by the B stage and wanted to enjoy a Stones concert with my Mom without having to tape. Jabhead stepped up and did a good job. This recording was shortly after we taped the Charlotte show and was not quite as good so DAT clones were not distributed. We're not "hoarders", but just weren't in the tape trading circles at the time. How VGP got a clone of my Charlotte DAT is a long story for a different time.

So in summary:

1. I need to get off my ass and release the Atlanta DAT master I have.
2. Someone with skills beyond mine needs to perform a speed correction of the Shade bootleg. It just may be the superior source. If someone does this please drop me a note.

This is a great Stones community and I want to thank everyone for your help in identifying these recordings. I believe I have most the circulating sources for other master tapes (cassette & DAT) in my vault. So I know what I need to do.

Anytime I post something on Dime there is no need to ask if it's OK to repost here. The answer is yes it is OK.

If anyone thinks they can remaster one of my recordings for the better go for it, share it, and let me know where to get a copy.

Sincerely,

Markbot
Here is a way of seeing things that I like a lot!
thank you in advance for posting your recording! I will compare it with another version that I have
- No Georgian Expectations (no label)

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: September 18, 2019 04:13

Thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 18, 2019 06:31

Glad you like this community and site Markbot!!!! Curious thing... as you have been already here for 14 years.
Btw many thanks for taping shows sharing your efforts here and there, ery much appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home