Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: New release rumor
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 19:36

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 1, 2012 23:19

Well it's nothing we haven't allready heard, but at least this version comes with great stereo seperation. Maybe the overal dynamics could have been better with a little less hard limiting but my first impression is thas this is an improvement over the wellknown bootleg sources.

www.rsundercover.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 23:29 by Britney.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: February 2, 2012 17:06

I'm guessing that future releases will be as follows:

1989 Atlantic City
1994 Miami
1997 St. Louis
2003 NYC

They were all PPV broadcasts just like Hampton was.

All very good quality bootlegs that will reqire minimal touchup.

SFTD

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 2, 2012 17:16

SFTD

1989 Atlantic City
1994 Miami
1997 St. Louis
2003 NYC

SFTD

If those will be their future releases, then they've lost one customer, me, for sure. Even if they were for free, I wouldn't download those ones

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 18:29 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 2, 2012 17:32

SFTD

1989 Atlantic City
1994 Miami
1997 St. Louis
2003 NYC

SFTD

"minimal touchup" isn`t what they have done with Hampton.
They didn`t just take the PPV recording, did some EQing and released it.
This seems to be a complete new mix with an equal lot of work as on, let`s say, Brussel73. You can hear at the beginning of "whip" that they didn´t use the
common known source with the annoying metronom click clack, but a complete different source.
so at least there is hope. I also don`t want them to release those known shows.
and if they do, lets hope for a better mix than the ones that are available, especially AC & Miami. Not sure about AC, but I don´t think they will release the other 3 shows, since they are already officially released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 17:32 by falo01.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:57

I've returned from my trip, and sorry to see the rumor I was helping to spread was wrong...my apologies!

...But I still have reason to believe Toronto will come, someday tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 17, 2012 13:41

SFTD

1989 Atlantic City
1994 Miami
1997 St. Louis
2003 NYC

SFTD

Better if the future relase will be: Live'r Than You'll ever be

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:15

Erik_Snow
SFTD

1989 Atlantic City
1994 Miami
1997 St. Louis
2003 NYC

SFTD

If those will be their future releases, then they've lost one customer, me, for sure. Even if they were for free, I wouldn't download those ones

You got that right, that is worthy of a sticky post.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 22, 2012 08:42

"Newcastle 82, frozen fingers and all" disgraceful.

Ok so whats next, "Sydney 66" ???

can't pick between, LA 75 recut DVD release for November release, I always seem to get them for my birthday, cheers Mick.... anyway, or what Saville Theatre 69, who knows. not much after 89 that isn't already we'll represented, but my bet is that they may just offer up some nice regional releases, Japan, India, China, Brazil, RIO 95 ain't bad, ive never downloaded the South African, Argentinian stuff, prefering the USA Visual quality on Miami etc.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 24, 2012 17:57

I thought it was already known that they will release this year the following shows as downloads:

Oakland '69
L.A. '75
Hampton '81
Atlantic City '89
Miami '94
San Jose '99

Since they already released Hampton, you can choose one of the others for the next download. San Jose could be the next one.

Date: February 24, 2012 19:13

GJV
San Jose could be the next one.

Makes me wanna puke

Date: February 24, 2012 19:36

Erik:

I understand the need for pre-1981 concerts because they were less about big-stage, glossy performances and more about the glory days of the Rolling Stones; however, there is a need for an excellent STEREO soundboard recording from 1999 as a typical representation from the NO SECURITY tour to plug that hole, whether it be San Jose or another concert (eg: Stutgart 1999 would be a nice alternative).

I'm not aware of any 1999 bootlegs that are stereo soundboard. (San Jose and Stutgart were both mono sounboard). Other soundboards from 1999 all lacked Keith's guitar and sounded frankly awful.

SFTD

Date: February 24, 2012 19:45

SFTD
[...]however, there is a need for an excellent STEREO soundboard recording from 1999 [...]

No need over here, SFTD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 14:52 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 24, 2012 19:59

SFTD
(San Jose and Stutgart were both mono sounboard)
SFTD
none of them is soundboard, just good audience quality.
I agree with erik about the shows after 89, I personally would like
san jose, because I was there, but thats all there is to say about san jose.
1995 and 1999 was some kind of exception in the late years from rather
disappointing tours, but I will always prefer some pre 81 shows to be released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-24 20:00 by falo01.

Date: February 25, 2012 02:13

VGP released a soundboard of San Jose, but like two other VS soundboards of the 1999 tour, till the last couple of songs, you can't hear Keef's guitar, so you frequently are missing complete guitar intro's (Honky tonk women etc).
The N.S. tour had a great setlist with songs like Some Girls, Moonlight mile, I got the blues and You got the silver.

Date: February 25, 2012 02:51

ah of course, I was a bit confused about san jose, you are right.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: February 25, 2012 03:09

Erik_Snow
It's a disgrace to the band-name "Rolling Stones". And I find it strange that some people actually cares about this money-grabbing parody of Rolling Stones; which took place in the 90s and the 2000s.

Ah, I remember being at a '97 show, having a very mediocre time and saying the same thing...then the guy sitting next to me whipped out some good bud and by the time they hit the b-stage I was having a blast.

I agree that they're not the same band 1989-present, but they're still better than most. The fact they earn so much money touring is more a testament to the times (ticketmaster, et al) than the band's greed.

I do hope the next release is something from 1971-1976 though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 03:11 by Laughingsam.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: February 25, 2012 03:44

Erik, I agree with you and disagree with you.

Agree: the Stones from 1969-78 are unmatched and the standard that all live groups aspire to. 1989-2007 Stones- can't touch'em!

Disagree that the recent Stones stink: the Stones since 1989 are still the best live band around compared to anyone except themselves from 20 years prior. 1999, 2002, 2007 all are brilliant! Not even close to younger years, but brilliant nonetheless! I AM BIAS, yes.

I'd be thrilled to see a stonesarchive release of a later show, but of course, I'd much rather hear something from the golden years.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's all relative. Rock on!
smileys with beer

Date: February 25, 2012 14:53

Laughingsam
Erik_Snow
It's a disgrace to the band-name "Rolling Stones". And I find it strange that some people actually cares about this money-grabbing parody of Rolling Stones; which took place in the 90s and the 2000s.

Ah, I remember being at a '97 show, having a very mediocre time and saying the same thing...then the guy sitting next to me whipped out some good bud and by the time they hit the b-stage I was having a blast.

I agree that they're not the same band 1989-present, but they're still better than most. The fact they earn so much money touring is more a testament to the times (ticketmaster, et al) than the band's greed.

I do hope the next release is something from 1971-1976 though.

Yes it is possible to have a good time at Rolling Stones concerts, even in the 90s and the 2000s, that's true

But to sit down and *listen* to a recording of such a show.....that's another thing. A thing I have no interest in. But that's just me. Glad if others enjoy it.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 25, 2012 17:36

1999 was a great tour....sound wise

Date: February 25, 2012 17:47

GOO
1999 was a great tour....sound wise

Not Ronnie-wise

Date: February 25, 2012 18:09

Gentlemen:

Having a stereo soundboard from 1999 is more about having a high quality bootleg concert from every tour year. The typical setlist from 1999 is actually quite good.

As I said before, I agree with all of your previous comments. The glory years prior to 1981 cannot be matched. Nothing can compare to Brussels 1973.

P.S.

Regardless, I'm buying a ticket to a 2012 concert date if that happens because this could very well be THE LAST TIME.

Cheers

SFTD

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: February 26, 2012 21:26

Anyone think its possible that we might get a 69 or 70 release on Stonesarchive?
I know there's not many non circulating shows in the grand scheme of things, but it would be nice to get something that is only currently available in bad quality. I agree with most of the members on here great releases but nothing none of us haven't heard before. I mean lets face it most of us have Hampton on DVD!!! Maybe members of this site and other Stones sites should get together and lobby the Stones over future releases. At least that way we might actually get something we really want.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 2, 2012 01:00

i thought ronnie was ok.keith was great and carried the day........

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: March 2, 2012 06:49

There were actually two San Jose shows. First night had I Got The Blues, You Got The Silver and BTMMR second night had Moonlight Mile, Thief In The Night and You don't Have To Mean It.

Posted by: DiddleyBo ()
Date: March 2, 2012 12:10

As a release from the 99-tour, I would choose Cologne, the last show of that tour.
That show was hot, hot, hot! And this in perfect sound, could be like the holy grail.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 2, 2012 12:15

DiddleyBo
As a release from the 99-tour, I would choose Cologne, the last show of that tour.
That show was hot, hot, hot! And this in perfect sound, could be like the holy grail.

Oh so right ! Saw them in Stuttgart, Imst, Landgraaf and Cologne. I still remember the heavy rain in Cologne but apart from this it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Date: March 2, 2012 21:30

...But was the setlist also interesting, or was it the well-known BtB setlist without surprizes? I think a concert from the USA No Security tour is much more interesting.
Maybe a mix of the two San Jose concerts with all the cool song is a good idea?!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 2, 2012 23:23

SFTD

there is a need for an excellent STEREO soundboard recording from 1999 as a typical representation from the NO SECURITY tour

SFTD

The 1st Washington show would be a good candidate imo. It's an excellent performance (for 99).

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 3, 2012 10:03

GJV
...But was the setlist also interesting, or was it the well-known BtB setlist without surprizes?

Cologne '99?
Here: [www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home