Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Asking Opinion: "Love In Vain" Malmö 1970 mix of 2 sources
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 13, 2018 18:50

I make some checks/comparisons between the previous versions of Malmö (in particuliar for "Love In Vain") and the one posted by Vancouver : this new one it's near from DAC 101 quality but i's a different source and it runs 0,25% slower.
I make the correction then I try to use both source the same time and I obtaint a pseudo-stereo effect: the same added as bonus for « Gimme Shelter » and called "Merge Stereo" but as for this tracks the result is not so great because the tapes runs not exactly at the same speed during all the track .....so synchronisation problems appears in the middle of the track.
So little by little I correct the synchro problems and I like the final result.
DAC source is on the left channel and Vancouver’s version on the right.
Vancouver version is lossy & DAC lossless.
Here I post this assay………… let me know your opinion if you think it can be interesting to spend time to try to do the same for the other tracks???
[we.tl]

PS. no necessary to be unpleasant, compar the versions and give me your opinion

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 18:51 by StonyRoad.

Re: Asking Opinion: "Love In Vain" Malmö 1970 mix of 2 sources
Date: January 14, 2018 00:04

your mix of it sounds absolutely wonderful! good work.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 14, 2018 17:01

thank you good work now it's nice stereo

i posted two variations of speed(rank strangers)

[wetransfer.com]

Date: January 14, 2018 17:33

but I find it here a little too speedy comparing with DAC source.
If you agree I will try to do the same mix as for "Love In Vain" for other tracks
but it will needs hourssssssss (but when I love I didn't count)
Norbert

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 15, 2018 00:14

great!!!!! thank you!!!!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 15, 2018 10:22

First of all well done for syncing one source with another of different speeds, it takes a lot of time & patience to get the two exactly the same.

The speed of LIV is correct, StonyRoad. The song is played in the key of "G" & I just picked up my guitar, which is always next, to me & played along without any need for re-tuning. I checked vancouver's LIV & that needs a speed correction of 94.746 in Adobe Audition.

Unfortunately, however, your work is wasted as the Dac 101 & vancouver sources are identical. It's the source for VGP 32 & 105 that is different.

The best markers to identify which is which is between Stray Cat & Love in Vain, immediately after Mick says "We're going to do some blues for you" -

DAC 101/vancouver - 13 claps then 9 claps during guitar intro.

VGP 32/105 - No claps - then 13 claps during guitar intro.

Date: January 15, 2018 13:01

thanks vox12string for your opinion.
I didn't check the VGP version thinking it was anterior so probably worst.
I ask myself if we got all the same DAC? Vancouver is near the DAC but different voices can be heard near the taper.
Taking marks is easy to constat that both versions runs not at the same speed. On my test I always take the DAC as reference and then adapt the duration of Vancouver's version. I think a speed variation change also a little the pitch.
To convainct you, I post here a little segment of the intro of the acoustic section. First extract is from the DAC and second from Vancouver: did you hear the background voices? I also added my mix for "You Gotta Move", listen in the right channel background voices (Vancouver channel) and not in the left (DAC channel). Listen to others tracks clearly some instruments are better listenable (in particuliar MT guitar works)
Let me know
Anyway thank you very much because .... more of 300 views and only 2 answers!!!
[we.tl]

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 15, 2018 16:34

Now this is strange. In my copies of DAC101 & vancouver there are NO voices in the intro of the acoustic section. Voices are only in the VGP versions I have.

HOWEVER, I don't think it matters because you obviously have two different sources & that mix of You Gotta Move is VERY nice indeed, so I would request that you keep mixing & post the whole show when you are finished, looking forward to it.

I especially love the sound of the 12-string guitar Keith plays on this song. I have a couple of them & another serious love of mine is the music of Leadbelly. I am as fanatical about his music as the Rolling Stones.

Date: January 15, 2018 19:38

thanks a lot!
I must compar my DAC version (coming from a trade years ago) with the Vault version and the VGP: perhaps mine is the VGP???
I think I will continue to create other mix because I like the result too, but it cannot be done for all tracks in particuliar when the sound is too muddy...
Great Leadbelly: Rock Island Line, Gallows Pole, Black Betty that people didn't know where do these songs come from!
Norbert

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 15, 2018 21:07

Over the years Vancouver has posted two versions.
The one upped recently is the same as the VGP-105 "Made In Sweden",
the one he uploaded years ago made it into DAC-101 "It's Just A Kiss Away".

Date: January 15, 2018 21:45

Rank Stranger
Over the years Vancouver has posted two versions.
The one upped recently is the same as the VGP-105 "Made In Sweden",
the one he uploaded years ago made it into DAC-101 "It's Just A Kiss Away".
OK I understand, this is why this "recent"version (use by VGP) was different from my DAC version and a mix was possible
thanks for the explanation
N.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 15, 2018 22:18

...and the six tracks on DAC-096 "Helsinki 1970" are the same source as VGP-105.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home