Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FAKE box sets on eBay
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 15:36

I wonder why the record company does nothing to stop fake box sets being sold on eBay. I do understand why eBay does nothing: they simply can't take steps until it's not confirmed that these are actually fake items. I don't expect eBay to take steps on its own. (Although there was a time when they deleted listings of bootlegs. Actually I don't think bootlegs are a big deal, since they are not sold in big numbers. However, these fake box sets -- Dylan, Zeppelin, Cohen, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Beatles, Nirvana etc. -- are sold in unlimited numbers.

These fake box sets have been on the shelves in China for over 10 years. This is not a new trend.

What's troubling is that this seller has a 99% positive feedback. Do you people think the buyers know that what they get is fake? 37 sold...

I am just posting this in hope that someone from the record label would read this, and do something to stop these sellers.

And it's no guarantee that these fakes are not being sold in other places than China (Hong Kong). I can easily imagine these being resold by the buyer himself/herself after it's no longer wanted. Or perhaps there are bigger shipments to Europe/USA, and sold from there. So you really have no idea what you purchased.

Later when I have the time I will post photos comparing the REAL and the FAKE Bob Dylan ?– The Complete Album Collection Vol. One box set. So you can check which one you got. >grinning smiley<

Unfortunately I haven't got photos comparing the authentic and the fake Rolling Stones in Mono box sets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-19 15:37 by frenki09.

Re: FAKE box sets on eBay
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 19, 2017 15:44

frenki09
I am just posting this in hope that someone from the record label would read this, and do something to stop these sellers.
Just send them an e-mail...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 19, 2017 15:51

Don’t buy anything from China from eBay

Date: November 19, 2017 15:59

black n blue
Don’t buy anything from China from eBay

That's not a fair comment. There are Chinese selling genuine stuff (CD's) on eBay. I can list a few here if you wanted...

Date: November 19, 2017 16:13

MAF
frenki09
Just send them an e-mail...

I am sure they know about fakes being sold on eBay. Maybe they are not aware of the amount, which is pretty huge. Maybe they just don't care, since they are already making good money releasing the same material over and over again as part of deluxe editions or remastering albums. Not to mention all the compilations. (How many did the Stones release... Grrrrrrr...)

I do not feel sorry for record labels being ripped off. I feel sorry for people who buy these thinking they are genuine.

I have the out most respect for Tom Petty who fought greedy record companies. He didn't succeed, but he tried.

If you can give me an e-mail address to any record company people I will forward them this link.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 19, 2017 18:25

frenki09

If you can give me an e-mail address to any record company people I will forward them this link.

Three major labels share two-third of the whole Music market:

[www.UniversalMusic.com]

Warner Music - [www.WMG.com]

[www.SonyMusic.com]

The 2016 RS-Mono-Box was published by ABKCO Music & Records along with Universal Music.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-19 19:05 by Irix.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 19, 2017 18:58

frenki09

Unfortunately I haven't got photos comparing the authentic and the fake Rolling Stones in Mono box sets.
Here you go
[iorr.org]
The Rolling Stones Mono Box EU version weight is 960 gr or 33.86 oz or 2.11 lbs. This is actual because I checked for my copy. I do not know the mass of the official US version and the mass of Chinese fakes.
[iorr.org]
Examples with images
US version
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
EU version
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
Chinese fake
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-19 22:08 by ironbelly.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: November 19, 2017 19:29

I bought 2 used sets from 2 different US sellers on eBay without the box or booklet for $65 each. The covers were in Ex-Mt shape and all the CD's play fine. They match up with the US version pictures posted by Ironbelly. I also did not receive any claims of fakeness from any of the individual ones I have sold on eBay.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 19, 2017 19:45

Would it not be so simple as not to buy on Ebay?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 19, 2017 22:36

frenki09
I wonder why the record company does nothing to stop fake box sets being sold on eBay. I do understand why eBay does nothing: they simply can't take steps until it's not confirmed that these are actually fake items. I don't expect eBay to take steps on its own. (Although there was a time when they deleted listings of bootlegs. Actually I don't think bootlegs are a big deal, since they are not sold in big numbers. However, these fake box sets -- Dylan, Zeppelin, Cohen, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Beatles, Nirvana etc. -- are sold in unlimited numbers.

These fake box sets have been on the shelves in China for over 10 years. This is not a new trend.

What's troubling is that this seller has a 99% positive feedback. Do you people think the buyers know that what they get is fake? 37 sold...

And it's no guarantee that these fakes are not being sold in other places than China (Hong Kong). I can easily imagine these being resold by the buyer himself/herself after it's no longer wanted. Or perhaps there are bigger shipments to Europe/USA, and sold from there. So you really have no idea what you purchased.

Later when I have the time I will post photos comparing the REAL and the FAKE Bob Dylan ?– The Complete Album Collection Vol. One box set. So you can check which one you got. >grinning smiley<

Sorry, but I have to ask - would you sleep any better if those faked box-sets would disappear from Ebay? Are they ruining your business?

I paid a lot of money for the LP-box with the 7inch-singles, bought Con Le Mie Lacrime on Ebay.it only to have the vinyl complete. Then I decided to order the CDs as a fake from Hong Kong, paid about 40 Dollars and I'm happy with what gets dusty in the shelf. Sorry if this is of any discomfort for you sad smiley PS: The seller received a 100% positive feeback from me as everything worked out well.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 19, 2017 22:41

silkcut1978_
I paid a lot of money for the LP-box with the 7inch-singles, bought Con Le Mie Lacrime on Ebay.it only to have the vinyl complete. Then I decided to order the CDs as a fake from Hong Kong, paid about 40 Dollars and I'm happy with what gets dusty in the shelf. Sorry if this is of any discomfort for you sad smiley PS: The seller received a 100% positive feeback from me as everything worked out well.
Would you pay a few $ for a Chinese replica of Con Le Mie? winking smiley

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 20, 2017 03:27

All right my friends, uncle Heiloobaas needs to break the news to you ever so gently. Ebay is PROFIT, not CONSCIENCE driven. They don't give a tinker's cuss about copyrights. They could care less. I know; I have reported and reported copyright violations until I'm blue in the face.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:43

It's not like the Stones themselves are going poor of the chinese selling "fake" boxes, right? The Stones did spoil us with cheap ticket prices for their latest shows, so a few chinese profiteers won't hurt them a bit. Don't want a fake boxset? Don't buy it from ebay, especially for 18 dollars. You KNOW it is fake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home