Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Soon to see the light of day - Paris 1976; 2 EX audience recordings
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 12, 2011 14:55

In case anybody is interested....

Soon to see the light of day; an excellent audience recording from Paris June 6th 1976; will be available on Hungercity in 1-2 weeks; thanks to Falo
IMO, more enjoyable than the dull SBD recording from that concert

Also; (hopefully an) upgrade of the June 4th concert in Paris 1976 will take place on DIME

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-12 14:57 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Soon to see the light of day - Paris 1976; 2 EX audience recordings
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 12, 2011 15:11

I'm in!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 12, 2011 15:35

Big thx to all the persons behind the curtains who can make these things
happen! thumbs up

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 12, 2011 21:32

That's great! Makes me wonder though...

Why does it take 35 years to take tapes like this to surface? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 12, 2011 21:44

Erik_Snow

Soon to see the light of day; an excellent audience recording from Paris June 6th 1976; will be available on Hungercity in 1-2 weeks; thanks to Falo

Also; (hopefully an) upgrade of the June 4th concert in Paris 1976 will take place on DIME

Sounds great! I´m afraid that every bootlabel will download them and press them on silvers though...

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 12, 2011 23:18

Great News Erik !!!!

and thank you for the heads up - I would love to download from IORR - Ok so the silvers will become available - but I won't buy them I would rather donate to an IORR fund for the uploaders. Now there is an idea!!

Date: November 13, 2011 02:11

blakeeik

Why does it take 35 years to take tapes like this to surface? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Imho it's because most of the time ppl don't realize what they have in their collection is so valuable & precious... Or their entire tape collection moved to the attic when they got married...
Or they're Zep fans and they don't care for that Stones cassette that's been gathering dust since they got it as an extra in a trade...

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 13, 2011 03:20

blakeeik

they are not new, they are circulating for 30 years now.
its just that erik (& midnrambler) and I had a discussion about june 6
and I offered my tape. they havent been released on CD yet, thats all.
its something else with the june 4th tape, but thats a longer story from dime.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 13, 2011 04:33

falo01
its something else with the june 4th tape, but thats a longer story from dime.

Looking forward to hearing it!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 13, 2011 06:40

Erik_Snow

It must be a joke to say that the the SDB recording of Paris 6th of June show is dull and that the audience one will be better.
A few months ago, i put this Paris show on megaupload. More than 50 people downloaded it and none of them said it was dull.

Date: November 13, 2011 12:41

jpasc95
Erik_Snow

It must be a joke to say that the the SDB recording of Paris 6th of June show is dull and that the audience one will be better.
A few months ago, i put this Paris show on megaupload. More than 50 people downloaded it and none of them said it was dull.

....ehem....are you serious? Why should the downloaders comment on that ?

If I said: "and Ronnie does a terrible solo in YCAGWYW"; then you would probably say "A few months ago, i put this Paris show on megaupload. More than 50 people downloaded it and none of them said it was a terrible solo in YCAGWYW"

You think downloaders are some kind of reviewers ?

More importantly; do *you* have an opinion on the soundquality of the 06/06/76 SBD recording? Or do you need to rely on other people's (lack of) comments about it, to make a statement? So long mr. Stoopid

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-13 15:34 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 13, 2011 13:07

JumpinJeppeFlash
Erik_Snow

Sounds great! I´m afraid that every bootlabel will download them and press them on silvers though...

Why be afraid of that? Doesn't bother me, at all.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 13, 2011 14:10

Erik_Snow
JumpinJeppeFlash
Erik_Snow

Why be afraid of that? Doesn't bother me, at all.

Every self-respecting boot-label should have this show under their wings, in their catalog!

Date: November 13, 2011 19:03

" I´m afraid that every bootlabel will download them and press them on silvers though..."

I has the same concern when Weedwacker liberated a 1st gen of the vancouver'72 tape but so far nothing happened.
And strangely DAC hasn't press yet the final Bern'73 gig that recently appeared on Dime and here.

Date: November 14, 2011 19:01

Erik_Snow
jpasc95
Erik_Snow

If I said: "and Ronnie does a terrible solo in YCAGWYW"; then you would probably say "A few months ago, i put this Paris show on megaupload. More than 50 people downloaded it and none of them said it was a terrible solo in YCAGWYW"

More importantly; do *you* have an opinion on the soundquality of the 06/06/76 SBD recording? Or do you need to rely on other people's (lack of) comments about it, to make a statement? So long mr. Stoopid
I'll never inderstand this kind of stupid and agressive reaction. You must be pretty young !
It's really sad to have people like you on a such a forum. Really sad !!!
Unfortunately you're not the only one.

Date: November 14, 2011 19:12

jpasc95
Erik_Snow
jpasc95
Erik_Snow

I'll never inderstand this kind of stupid and agressive reaction. You must be pretty young !
It's really sad to have people like you on a such a forum. Really sad !!!
Unfortunately you're not the only one.

And you must be very OLD....then again; old people usually are quite sharp. But you are not. I asked you a question; and you are not able to answer it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-15 11:39 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 14, 2011 19:46

man you seem to be very nervous ! edited 3 times
you started to be unpleasant, I just answered to you
what's more, I never said that your audience recording was bad quality. I just maintain that the SDB recording is not dull as you claim it.

Date: November 14, 2011 19:58

jpasc95
man you seem to be very nervous ! edited 3 times
you started to be unpleasant, I just answered to you
what's more, I never said that your audience recording was bad quality. I just maintain that the SDB recording is not dull as you claim it.

Hey ho hey ho hey ho
I think the SBD recording is DULL sounding

But since you are a person without any opinion of your own.....then it's no point in arguing

THe reason I edited my post 3 times; is that I really didn't want to insult you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-15 11:41 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 14, 2011 20:22

let's say we don't have the same opinion then !
are you ok with that ?

Date: November 15, 2011 17:17

jpasc95
let's say we don't have the same opinion then !
are you ok with that ?

We don't have the same opinion, that's for sure.
Anyway - the reason I had to make all those edits - and the reason I even got my temperature up in the first place; is that you based it all on some innocent downloaders "opinion" instead of making your own statement.

And I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

Point is; that this Paris 1976 SBD recording is DULL sounding (in MY opinion) - and the same goes for the 1st half of the June 7th 1976 recording (while the 2nd half is excellent sounding)

Anyway - this June 6th 1976 audience recording will not be shared, since you are so satisfied with the DULL SBD recording allready available.

Bye bye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-15 17:19 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 15, 2011 18:24

Erik_Snow
Anyway - this June 6th 1976 audience recording will not be shared, since you are so satisfied with the DULL SBD recording allready available.

Bye bye.

Ahhhhhhh Crap!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 15, 2011 20:23

jpasc95, actually Erik is pretty young compared to most hardcore Stones fanatics. Most people assume he is older because he is so knowledgeable (and thats not just my opinion!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-15 20:24 by scottkeef.

Date: November 15, 2011 20:29

NEVER raise the temperature of a Norwegian guy, never!

Or face the wrath of the Northern Gods! >grinning smiley<

"Anyway - this June 6th 1976 audience recording will not be shared"
No sh!t!? I'm willing to walk to Oslo on my knees to make you change your mind Erik!
And I'll even bring a bottle of "Beaujolais Nouveau", the worst wine ever! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 00:00

How could an audience be better than a soundboard?

SOUL

Date: November 16, 2011 00:07

soulsurvivor1

SOUL

It happens often : most true SB tapes ( = made by the soundman during the show and "mixed" on the fly) have a faulty balance of instruments.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 00:23

soulsurvivor1

SOUL

I wouldn`t say its better but lets take the songs that are ruined by preston as an example. they are almost unlistenable to me.
I would always prefer an audience compared to that. so this audience
is just a chance to listen to this show a bit differnt than with the soundboard.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:04

falo01
... lets take the songs that are ruined by preston as an example. they are almost unlistenable to me.

So true...

falo01
I would always prefer an audience compared to that. so this audience
is just a chance to listen to this show a bit differnt than with the soundboard.

...Or at least to remove the Preston's Massacre part...AGREEDthumbs up

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-16 02:05 by Honestman.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: November 16, 2011 02:06

Thanks "falo" for getting this discusion "down" to the facts...

All the Best!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:04

dcba
soulsurvivor1

SOUL

It happens often : most true SB tapes ( = made by the soundman during the show and "mixed" on the fly) have a faulty balance of instruments.

Also there are a good few SBs where you can't hardly hear the audience at all...to me these lack atmosphere.....and afterall a live show is about two things, the band and the audience response, that makes the whole experience.....imo anyway........

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:24

I'm a big fan of Dave Alvin (of Blasters fame-check him out-you will be entertained) and I usually like the aud or aud/sb matrixes better than sb only. For one thing he usually plays small clubs and the recordings are good but ol' Dave also likes to play his strat LOUD and the sb tapes usually have him too low in the mix (I guess because his stage amp is so loud!) I made the mistake of sitting right in front of it one show and nearly got blown off my chair!!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home