Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Scorpio released
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 28, 2011 18:23

Previously unreleased Little Blue Boy? Sounds good...

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Re: New Scorpio released
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 28, 2011 18:37

Yeah, would like to hear that first song but another disc of the same outtakes that we all have a hundred copies of just to get one song.....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 28, 2011 18:42

This is previously released as "Dick Taylor's Parents' Poodle Howls Elvis & More"
Its widely available as such

RIP Dick Taylor's Parents' Poodle...you were a good one.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 28, 2011 19:29

Munichhilton
This is previously released as "Dick Taylor's Parents' Poodle Howls Elvis & More"

Good to know! smileys with beer

The review is misleading then

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 28, 2011 21:59

blakeeik
Munichhilton

Good to know! smileys with beer

The review is misleading then

Yeah, sorry
But at least now we know!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 29, 2011 00:17

When "Scorpio" only gave us one (or was it 2) *new* 1961 songs on that 6CDbox, 2 years ago - I knew they were saving out a couple of more tunes, just to earn money on future releases.
The only question is if their new release ALSO comes from lousy MP3 files, or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 20:48 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 29, 2011 00:49

Case closed then... thumbs down

Date: October 29, 2011 01:07

dcba
Case closed then... thumbs down

It'll still be nice to get to hear that new one though. But I won't be shelling out this time

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:11

This is what is written on back cover:
Tracks 2-19 transferred from the original audio tapes on an Ampex 440 B2 audio tape recorder to Digidesign 002 audio Interface to Pro Tools 24/96 wav. to DVD. Transferred to cd and re.sampled from 24/96 to 16/44.1 using Peak 6.0 for MAC

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 29, 2011 10:00

Wonder why they can't leave it in 24 bit technology. Now that would be interesting.

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:16

Hi Collectors!

Who can help to get or download this new "Scorpio" release???

Rock`s off!

Andreas

Date: November 4, 2011 21:33

Back cd pic : [www.fareast-records.jp] seems to indicate there'll be 19 songs on the disc, not 12.

Re the "transferred from the original audio tapes on an Ampex 440 B2" claim, maybe they went there to get the tape digitalized...? >grinning smiley< [www.videopark.com]

Total cost? About 50 bucks! smoking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 21:43 by dcba.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 5, 2011 11:42

There are tracks from numerous sessions from the early 60s to the mid 70s on this CD. You don't believe that they manage to get all these "original audio tapes", do you? That's just nonsense IMHO.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 5, 2011 20:38

I don't trust this either. Scorpio having access to master tapes from ABKCO to RSR years? Gimme a break! This is most probably just a compilation of tracks that are already out there in fantastic quality, probably EQ-tweaked a bit to give the impression that they sound even better.

Date: November 5, 2011 22:25

The original US-based Scorpio label folded years ago. I suspect a bunch of jokers from Japan hijacked the name and put out piece of garbage after piece of garbage....

Date: November 5, 2011 22:31

From what I understand all - or almost all - of their Bob Dylan releases also comes from MP3 files.....and have 1 or 2 "previously unreleased" tracks per new CD.

So here's my guess.....in addition to "milking the pennies out of us" by including just ONE new song per CD; they are going to... :

...release everything as LOSSLESS in a couple of years from now on; so that all the collectors will have to purchase AGAIN ! LOL....that's probably the way it'll be..

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 6, 2011 10:32

All fine...but does anybody have the first track (the Little boy blue track) so he or she can upload the thingy?
thanks in advance!

Posted by: frogman9 ()
Date: November 6, 2011 11:27

A friend of mine met the original Mr Scorpio last weekend at the big New York record show.....and he confirmed that the Stones and the Dylan titles are his..they may have been pressed in Japan but they are genuine Scorpio products.

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: November 6, 2011 18:49

Thanks for the Back-Cover!

But someome has the Disk ready for download???

Andreas

Date: November 6, 2011 19:44

frogman9
A friend of mine met the original Mr Scorpio last weekend at the big New York record show.....and he confirmed that the Stones and the Dylan titles are his..they may have been pressed in Japan but they are genuine Scorpio products.

Good ole Scotty?

Date: November 7, 2011 19:57

Well, tell Scotty that using mp3 stuff is no thing to be proud of.

Date: November 8, 2011 01:10

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-12 12:00 by dcba.

Date: November 12, 2011 11:29

Mr Axl kindly shared this Scorpio on Hungercity today:
[www.hungercity.org]
Don't forget to thank the uploader !

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 12, 2011 11:59

Last 3 tracks (Silver Train, Dancing With Mr. D, Criss Cross) seem new versions to me. Or am I wrong?

Date: November 12, 2011 12:02

midnrambler
Last 3 tracks (Silver Train, Dancing With Mr. D, Criss Cross) seem new versions to me. Or am I wrong?

Could they be the same as the ones found on "Mad Shadows" (and the old OBR vinyl titled "Alternates" they were stolen from?) except that now they might run at the correct speed? On MS they were too fast.
I'm just guessing...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 12, 2011 12:28

Criss Cross Man does sound like an altenate mix to me. At least it is longer than before.

Date: November 13, 2011 14:21

barbabang
Criss Cross Man does sound like an altenate mix to me. At least it is longer than before.

It's not just an alternate mix, it's a different (probably earlier) take.

Date: November 13, 2011 19:01

The late 72 material despite the muddy sound (which can be improved with proper EQ btw) is the main asset of this CD imo... The raw takes of the GHS songs have so much more energy than the released versions that it's shocking.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 14, 2011 00:35

Thanks for the tip. Strange mish-mash. Gimme Shelter sounds like it's the infamous "Keith on vocals" version. Sounds like more like Mick with laryngitis.

Now on to the GHS versions. So when are the remainer of the unreleased tracks coming out, After Muddy and Charly, Jamaica, etc...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 14, 2011 04:36

Maybe its just because I'm starved for "new" Stones stuff but those first few 60s songs sound excellent with some different mixes to my ears. I can hear certain instruments more distinctly than I remember.But it could be all in my mind, I suppose...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home