Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request - Hound Dog Lexington 1978
Posted by: Bol ()
Date: September 21, 2011 11:12

Could someone please post this track in FLAC.
This is the version from 29.6.78 not the Handsome Girls version with the 'we'd like to welcome you all to Memphis' intro.

Thanks in advance

Re: Request - Hound Dog Lexington 1978
Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: September 21, 2011 17:07

Sorry only have this in mp3. It is soundboard, so I wonder why it didn't make it onto HG

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 21, 2011 17:20

Captain Teague
Sorry only have this in mp3. It is soundboard, so I wonder why it didn't make it onto HG

It is ONLY available as MP3. Posted by the person who owns the *lossless tape*,himself, here on IORR, years ago - his name is Bob.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 21, 2011 17:27

midnrambler torrented a complete version of this show in FLAC:
[www.iorr.org]

Urban Steel posted it and the Mega still works, but if Mr Snow is correct, maybe its not completely Flac?

Date: September 21, 2011 17:31

Munichhilton
Urban Steel posted it and the Mega still works, but if Mr Snow is correct, maybe its not completely Flac?

Hi, yes it's presented as FLAC in midnrambler's torrent, but it's still taken from MP3
The lossless "Hound Dog" is not circulating (on the internet)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-21 17:32 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 21, 2011 17:39

Erik_Snow
Hi, yes it's presented as FLAC in midnrambler's torrent, but it's still taken from MP3

I was just about to repeat the complete midnrambler's post with Hounddog as a separate track, but since the request is for Flac I cancelled this operation.

Date: September 21, 2011 17:53

Here it is Bol:
[www.filesonic.com]

I left it as FLAC, because strangely the TLH says its lossless.
Its from midnramblers 'Handsome Girls Supplemental'
Erik knows his stuff though so it's probably lossy...

Date: September 21, 2011 18:18

Munichhilton
I left it as FLAC, because strangely the TLH says its lossless.
Its from midnramblers 'Handsome Girls Supplemental'
Erik knows his stuff though so it's probably lossy...

TLH says it's lossless? Well that is strange - could it still be lossy, even though TLH says otherwise?
If it IS available as lossless - then the lossless recording must have been shared by the owner by other channels than the internet. Maybe midnrambler remembers where he got this from?
Anyway; of course I could be incorrect about it being lossy; I can't keep track of what's being dealt through emails and such.

Date: September 21, 2011 18:22

Bob posted Hound Dog here - which is where I thought midnrambler got it from
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
But maybe one of his links featured a lossless version? That would explain why there does exist a lossless one (if it does), as I obviously didn't download the song more than once.

Date: September 21, 2011 20:39

Erik_Snow
Bob posted Hound Dog here - which is where I thought midnrambler got it from
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
But maybe one of his links featured a lossless version? That would explain why there does exist a lossless one (if it does), as I obviously didn't download the song more than once.

Ok I see.
Bob Newbury seems to have some hidden gems in his collection, although since he repeatedly posted this one song, maybe he doesn't have the whole tape. Plus its very hissy. Spectral Analysis shows no lossy on it. I guess only midnrambler can shed light on where he got it since it came from him here:
[www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: September 21, 2011 21:12

I have this one.
The uploader wrote:

Lexinton,Rupp arena 29.6.1978

This an ok audience recording still,got the audiotape somewhere in
the 90ies...a long time ago.
I would say its from good---verygood,depence which way you look at
it.

Audiotape---nakamichi tapedeck(2of them)---harman&Kardon 20channel
equalizer---philipps standalone burner(twin deck)---waw-flac--you

Cd 1
1 let it rock
2 all down the line
3 honky tonk women
4 @#$%&
5 when the whip comes down
6 miss you
7 lies
8 beast of burden
9 shattered

Cd 2
1 just my imagination
2 respectable
3 far away eyes
4love in vain
5 tumbling dice
6 happy
7 hound dog
8 sweet little 16
9 brown sugar FM,,radio broadcast#
10 jumping jack flash FM,,radio broacast#

sorry,no artwork again!

#:I´m 100% sure,that these last 2 tracks are from Lexiton,they are
taken from old vinyl bootleg "Live from england" This bootleg had
the usual soundboard songs from Detroit,membhis and Houston,and then
these 2 songs,which to my knowledge,hasn´t been much anywhere
else.
I know,they are not from FT.worth,New jersey,Detroit or membhis,
and not likely from houston either,so it leaves us Lexinton.
But IF someone recognises where these 2 songs are REALLY taken from.
PLEASE inform as all,so we all know it then,THANKS!

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:02

I did not realise I was going to spark such a debate.

Munich and Erik, thank you.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 22, 2011 15:38

The song in my torrent is from Bob's mp3 post. Not lossless!

Date: September 22, 2011 18:02

midnrambler
The song in my torrent is from Bob's mp3 post. Not lossless!

THat's what I thought! THanks for confirming

I'm no expert at all when it comes to anlyzing wav-files in TLH or other software. WHat could be the explanation for MunichHilton's report, then ?

Date: September 22, 2011 18:58

11 Hound Dog (Lexington 1978-06-29).wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.

No errors occured.

I just did it again for fun with the above results...
Maybe TLH is not as accurate as it could be in this area? [note: occured is the TLH process log misspelling not mine]

Posted by: bnewbury ()
Date: October 5, 2011 02:26

I haven't been here in a couple of years, but got an email from someone telling me to come here. So I did.

The two songs (BS and JJF) from the vinyl bootleg mentioned above are both Lexington.

I can't remember now why I posted Hound Dog in MP3, but I can give someone a true lossless copy if they want to put it up somewhere. I don't have a gigasize account anymore.

Most of my collection is on tape; I started collecting in the 70s and have wanted to get old shows on CD for a while. That's why I came here originally. Downloaded a bunch of shows, but some are later generation recordings from what I have. I listen to them on CD, but still pop in a tape sometimes when I want that extra bite to the sound. Some of my tapes are direct from the taper's copy, and I'd love to get then transferred to CD. Maybe a little EQing to touch 'em up a bit, but not too much.

One is the second '72 Toronto show. My copy is from the same source that has been circulating, but in stereo not the mono that was put out. It's similar to the Charlotte '72 recording, another one that I have from the taper's master copy. Both great shows.

I know there are a lot of tech savvy people here would do it for me, but I don't want to sent out my tapes. I could make a copy to send out, but that defeats the purpose.

I'm rambling. If someone wants Hound Dog just let me know how to get it to you electronically...

Bob

Date: October 5, 2011 03:57

Thanks for checking in Bob
Do you have the full Lexington soundboard tape?

Date: October 5, 2011 14:10

Hi Bob,

Thanks for chiming in here! I remember your posts from back then
Yes, lossless Hound Dog would be nice, thanks

But I must say; that your mention of an upgrade of Toronto 1972 really got my attention! So this tape of yours has not been transferred to PC (yet) ?
Hmmm....
Do you think a copy of YOUR tape, would still mean a good upgrade over the VGP bootleg? If so.....that is better than nothing, so maybe this could be worked out, some way?

I understand you not wanting to send the original tapes out. But I hope you find a way to preserve them, one day - as tapes don't last forever

Thanks again for visiting

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 5, 2011 15:34

bnewbury
I haven't been here in a couple of years, but got an email from someone telling me to come here. So I did.

The two songs (BS and JJF) from the vinyl bootleg mentioned above are both Lexington.

I can't remember now why I posted Hound Dog in MP3, but I can give someone a true lossless copy if they want to put it up somewhere. I don't have a gigasize account anymore.

Most of my collection is on tape; I started collecting in the 70s and have wanted to get old shows on CD for a while. That's why I came here originally. Downloaded a bunch of shows, but some are later generation recordings from what I have. I listen to them on CD, but still pop in a tape sometimes when I want that extra bite to the sound. Some of my tapes are direct from the taper's copy, and I'd love to get then transferred to CD. Maybe a little EQing to touch 'em up a bit, but not too much.

One is the second '72 Toronto show. My copy is from the same source that has been circulating, but in stereo not the mono that was put out. It's similar to the Charlotte '72 recording, another one that I have from the taper's master copy. Both great shows.

I know there are a lot of tech savvy people here would do it for me, but I don't want to sent out my tapes. I could make a copy to send out, but that defeats the purpose.

I'm rambling. If someone wants Hound Dog just let me know how to get it to you electronically...

Bob

second '72 Toronto show. My copy is from the same source that has been circulating, but in stereo not the mono .intresting intresting !

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 23, 2011 18:14

Did anyone happen get a lossess copy they can seed or post?

Date: October 23, 2011 18:19

blakeeik
Did anyone happen get a lossess copy they can seed or post?

Not me. Somebody else here who has been in touch with Bob ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home