Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) [Artwork Added] RAPIDSHARE LINKS
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 25, 2011 16:26

ROLLING STONES
New Exile On Main Street Outtakes

Here are 6 new discovered Exile outtakes that were available on YouTube recently. The stream on YouTube is lossy but since there is no lossless version available so far these tracks are allowed here.

Many thanks to Munichhilton for recording the YouTube stream and posting it on IORR.

Lineage:

FIRST PART by Munichhilton:

- YouTube through an X-Fi Creative soundcard into soundforge pro 10.
- Pitch corrected and Eq'd.
- Saved as wav files (* = 256k mp3).
- Uploaded on IORR/Megaupload

SECOND PART by me:

- Downloaded from IORR/Megaupload
- Reworked with Adobe Audition:
- Volume/balance adjustment, right channel was lower than left one
- Manual removal of a lot of clicks, pops and - above all - microgaps (especially in the parts with very low volume). That was a lot of work!
- Converting to FLAC with FLAC Frontend

1 Rocks Off*
2 Rip This Joint
3 All Down The Line
4 Soul Survivor
5 I Ain't Signifying
6 Instrumental

PS. If you think 6 tracks only is a waste of CD blanks and want to fill up the disc with more suitable tracks, you can take then from "Hillside Blues"

[rapidshare.com]

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-30 16:25 by Munichhilton.

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 25, 2011 17:00

Thanks for sharing your work here!
thumbs up

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 25, 2011 17:10

This is just awesome, to use a contemporary adjective. MT must have had a bad hair day in RTJ, he can do way better than that

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 25, 2011 17:11

Thanks for getting these available via download, Munichhilton thumbs up

Date: August 25, 2011 17:26

You are very welcome thankers...I only hope more tracks show up in superior quality. Where have these tracks been for so long?

120 downloads and counting...these are finally available to the masses that most enjoy them.

Date: August 25, 2011 17:55

Munichhilton
120 downloads and counting...these are finally available to the masses that most enjoy them.

You could consider torrenting these ones at HC, Munichhilton. It would be allowed - even if they're lossy; as they are the only source for this material.

On a sidenote.....has anybody contacted the youtube-uploader, asking about these sessions in lossless ?

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: August 25, 2011 18:50

Many thanks for doing this but i'm having problems downloading from filesonic for some reason

Could someone pop it up on megaupload or rapidshare

Thanks

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 25, 2011 19:01

Thanks Munichhilton, safes me a lot of time

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 25, 2011 19:07

Munichhilton
Here are the songs that popped up on youtube from hawaiicommunitymedia. thisjs 1981 was good enough to point them out and then all the IORR archivists went to work finding all sorts of little gems.

These tracks are run from youtube through an X-Fi Creative soundcard into soundforge pro 10. Pitch corrected and Eq'd.

No idea what the MP3 KBPS is.... the analysis in soundforge suggests 160. I put them at 320 so as not to deteriorate them further.

Now they sound pretty good...

[www.filesonic.com]

Thanks for the effort. But saving as mp3, no matter what bitrate, does detoriorate the quality. The only way to preserve the maximum quality to save directly in a lossless format.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 25, 2011 20:53

Thanks a lot for this!!!!!!

Date: August 25, 2011 20:57

Britney
Munichhilton
Here are the songs that popped up on youtube from hawaiicommunitymedia. thisjs 1981 was good enough to point them out and then all the IORR archivists went to work finding all sorts of little gems.

These tracks are run from youtube through an X-Fi Creative soundcard into soundforge pro 10. Pitch corrected and Eq'd.

No idea what the MP3 KBPS is.... the analysis in soundforge suggests 160. I put them at 320 so as not to deteriorate them further.

Now they sound pretty good...

[www.filesonic.com]

Thanks for the effort. But saving as mp3, no matter what bitrate, does detoriorate the quality. The only way to preserve the maximum quality to save directly in a lossless format.

I agree
But that big a file seemed pointless to me. I could be wrong though.
Between 320 and Flac with something originating on youtube, I can't see we'd honestly notice a difference, but either way you are completely correct...

Date: August 25, 2011 20:58

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton

You could consider torrenting these ones at HC, Munichhilton. It would be allowed - even if they're lossy; as they are the only source for this material.

On a sidenote.....has anybody contacted the youtube-uploader, asking about these sessions in lossless ?

Make me an uploader again and I would be happy to Erik!
I lost that status in the last round of disappearances...

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 25, 2011 21:07

Many thanks, great! There is more on YouTube but as I see the other tracks are well known.

Date: August 25, 2011 21:50

Munichhilton, there are a lot of small gaps in this recording which are partly very audible as clicks. I have removed them as good as I could manually. I could torrent this reworked version. But if you want to torrent it yourself I won't do it of course.

Date: August 25, 2011 21:55

midnrambler
Munichhilton, there are a lot of small gaps in this recording which are partly very audible as clicks. I have removed them as good as I could manually. I could torrent this reworked version. But if you want to torrent it yourself I won't do it of course.

Please do Kurt

Now I want your version! Please note that it is 256K and not 320K as I stated!
I set soundforge as 320 and it saved them as such, but some reason when I play them they show as 256...

Gregg

Date: August 25, 2011 21:57

Munichhilton

You're an uploader now.

Date: August 25, 2011 22:12

still ill
Many thanks for doing this but i'm having problems downloading from filesonic for some reason

Could someone pop it up on megaupload or rapidshare

Thanks

[www.megaupload.com]

Date: August 25, 2011 22:13

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton

You're an uploader now.

Many thanks Erik

I think midnrambler has a remastered remaster that he is possibly going to up, but I do have some Police I wanted to put over there so thanks again!

Date: August 25, 2011 22:22

I saved my reworked version as wav files to burn a CD of it. But I don't know if it is good to upload wav resp. flac files that are made from mp3s...? On the other side one could record the YouTube tracks again and save them directly as wavs, but then I would have to do all the reworking again (which was a lot of work, manual removal of a lot of small gaps/silent parts!)... Please somebody give me an advice what to do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 22:23 by midnrambler.

Date: August 25, 2011 22:30

I say upload your wavs with clear lineage of MP3s. You probably don't want to recompress them. The fact is that these are free youtube recordings so the quality is what it is...probably no better than 160K MP3s. But fans who know these tracks have lovingly EQ'd them and repitched them to be completely listenable....

They aren't perfect, but they're FREE!!

Date: August 25, 2011 23:07

midnrambler
... Please somebody give me an advice what to do!

...Please midnrambler share your work here at IORR too!!! It's not a big sized upload at all! I have nothing against torrenting, viceversa btw, but not everyone here that read this post use torrent trackers!

Date: August 25, 2011 23:32

For the time being I have uploaded my rework here: [www.megaupload.com]

Let's see about a torrent later. Maybe Erik can say if it's good to upload the mp3 based version on HC. Anyway I go to bed now smiling smiley and will not be able to upload a torrent until next week. If someone wants to do it earlier please do!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 23:54 by midnrambler.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: August 25, 2011 23:43

Lots of thanks, Munichhilton and midnrambler!thumbs up

Date: August 26, 2011 00:07

Vielen Dank midnrambler for sharing your work here! Much appreciated!
smileys with beer

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 26, 2011 00:25

thanx to both you guys - sounds MUCH MUCH better than on YouTube!!

cheers Bo thumbs up

Date: August 26, 2011 01:15

midnrambler
Maybe Erik can say if it's good to upload the mp3 based version on HC.

Erik gave his opinion on that above...
If its worthwhile, I can re record these tracks from YouTube and pitch correct them and Eq them again, but this time leave them as WAV files since the true KBPS is unknown.

Date: August 26, 2011 01:52

Munichhilton
midnrambler
Maybe Erik can say if it's good to upload the mp3 based version on HC.

Erik gave his opinion on that above...
If its worthwhile, I can re record these tracks from YouTube and pitch correct them and Eq them again, but this time leave them as WAV files since the true KBPS is unknown.

Good idea. I was going to do this myself, but as you've figured out the speeds to correct with & eq settings, it might be a good idea to keep things consistent & not muddy the gene pool too much as they sound brilliant

There are a bunch of clicks I've noticed, I use cooledit pro & Adobe Audition for processing, the latter has an excellent click-removal tool. I'm also bugged by that tape recorder click at the start of Soul Survivor.

Once it's all done we could check for SBEs, convert to flac, publish & be damned.

The fact that I first saw the Stones in '72 (Toronto 1st) has nothing to do with me thinking these are the best thing that's happened since sliced bread

Date: August 26, 2011 02:01

Munichhilton

That would be just great Gregg!
And what about including "Travelling Man", the video uploader says it's Brian Jones singing and someone says it is a great imitation by Brian of Mick! Is it really Brian Jones' voice?

This rare Brian Jones vocal was recorded as part of a Nicky Hopkins And Brian Jones "Rock Opera" project called Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder. Some of the material from this project was uses on the Jamming With Edward album. Ian Stewart plays the Fender-Rhodes part. This session was recorded a night or two before Brain's death. When I remastered Nicky's personal music collection in 1976-1977, Nicky believed this was the last time all the original members of the Rolling Stonws played together.

And vox12string, you collaboration is very much appreciated too!
We got a team working here!

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:24

Great to hear! Thanks to everyone who helped make it available. Thank you!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 26, 2011 03:40

Just a follow-on from my previous post. I've lightly de-clicked the mp3s in Audition & they've come up really well. A bit of normalising on a couple of tracks to bring the audio up to the maximum digital level & a few micro gaps fixed. SBEs are fixable

I've tried lightly de-hissing but it leaves artifacts so I've given up on that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-26 03:43 by vox12string.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home