Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 045 - Live In Detroit
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:41

next in line - Detroit 1969

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 045 - Live In Detroit
Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: October 20, 2011 21:49

Can anybody advise what percentage "Philadelphia Special" needs to be speed/pitch corrected at?
Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 20, 2011 22:24

tjkrol
Can anybody advise what percentage "Philadelphia Special" needs to be speed/pitch corrected at?
Thanks in advance.

I'll have to see what I did to it and get back to you.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: October 21, 2011 03:15

Looking forward to hearing Detroit '69 in a couple hours. DAC did a nice job with their vinyl transfer plus adding the three SB songs. Will be interesting to compare.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 21, 2011 03:52

Thanks for sharin' and took time to upload all this stuff smileys with beer

HMN

Date: October 21, 2011 05:43

Munichhilton
tjkrol
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for taking the time to check it.

Date: October 21, 2011 23:49

tjkrol
Munichhilton
tjkrol
Thanks in advance.

Ok I checked it out
The first 3 sides run at proper speed. Only side 4 runs too fast.
If you shift it 1 semi tone down, you will be in good shape. Make note though that only 'All Down The Line" is from Philadelphia. The other 3 are Ft Worth which you can find in superior quality. But these Philadelphia songs are now the best quality for that show...

Date: October 22, 2011 00:18

Any chance to see here, when you 'll get time and if you own them the following ones :

- Let it breeze
- Not Guilty
- Emotional Tattoo

which were my very first ones...winking smiley

Thanks in advance

HMN

Date: October 22, 2011 00:24

Munichhilton
tjkrol
Munichhilton
tjkrol
Thanks in advance.

Ok I checked it out
If you shift it 1 semi tone down, you will be in good shape. Make note though that only 'All Down The Line" is from Philadelphia. The other 3 are Ft Worth which you can find in superior quality. But these Philadelphia songs are now the best quality for that show...

Thanks for the info. GREATLY appreciated.

Date: October 22, 2011 01:49

tjkrol
Munichhilton
tjkrol
Munichhilton
tjkrol
Thanks in advance.

Ok I checked it out

Thanks for the info. GREATLY appreciated.

You are welcome
Its fun to do!

Date: October 22, 2011 10:03

Honestman
Any chance to see here, when you 'll get time and if you own them the following ones :

- Let it breeze
- Not Guilty
- Emotional Tattoo

Thanks in advance

Not sure if I still have "Let It Breeze" but I have the two other ones. Probably next week, we'll see. Please remind me in case you think I forgot smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2011 14:32

Next in line is Rank Stranger's transfer of "Live From Detroit". His version seems to come from the US and what I've heard so far I'd say it sounds better than my reicently posted European version. But judge on your own - Thank You Rank Stranger !smileys with beer

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 046 - Live From Detroit (US version by Rank Stranger)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 22, 2011 15:29

Thanks, Rank Stranger! Thanks Silkcut!

BTW, I was able to download these 2 last uploads of yours - so I look forward to listen to them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-22 15:45 by Erik_Snow.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 046 - Live From Detroit (US version by Rank Stranger)
Date: October 22, 2011 16:40

I haven't got the chance to "compare" the vinyl rip with the DAC version, as I don't have the vinyl with me. But the vinyl rip sounds excellent to me.
And since I also have the "flu" (maybe Rank Stranger is responsible?) I have nothing to do but making artworks for the CDR; which I will burn to myself.
Therefor; I will also torrent Detroit 1969 on DIME and Hungercity today.
Hope it's OK with Thomas and Hans-Jo. I will give you credits of course.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 22, 2011 19:35

Hi Erik!
It's fine with me to upload it on a torrent site.( Fingerprints etc. are included!)
The "raw" version is mine, de-clicking was done by silkcut1978_ ( thanks ); for me the raw version sounds fine.
I did also compare a couple of songs from the vinyl with DAC's version, and I like the vinyl better, has more punch; DAC sounds a bit nasal!
But then, of course I'm biased!
...and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Date: October 22, 2011 20:12

I really think your (I mean you Rank Stranger) version sounds better but it has more surface noise, even on the declicked version. I would love to find my "Never Really"-version but I'll compare both of our titles with the "RS" ones. I have them with red, blue and black letters (otherwise plain white sleeve and white labels) but just learned today on Google that it's Detroit as well. Never noticed before..

Anyway, it will take me a few days and you know why winking smiley

A nice weekend to you all

Posted by: dph ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:27

The best version is the US LP called We Didn't Really Get It on 'til Detroit with purple-blue labels with silver writing. It's in stereo. It's generic; no company name. Every other version is copied from it, and in mono, except the Italian Minotauro(?) CD which appears to be copied from it as well, in stereo.

I am trying to borrow a copy for digitizing but the owner is understandably reluctant to loan it.

Anyone else have a copy?

Date: October 23, 2011 01:35

silkcut1978_
Honestman

- Let it breeze
- Not Guilty
- Emotional Tattoo

Thanks in advance

Not sure if I still have "Let It Breeze" but I have the two other ones. Probably next week, we'll see. Please remind me in case you think I forgot smiling smiley

Cool thankswinking smiley

HMN

Date: October 24, 2011 10:56

Here's now "Southern Quotations", I think Britney asked for it but maybe a few others can enjoy it as well. I already made a transfer a few years ago but here are the raw files as well and maybe someone is able to make it any better. Personally I don't like this gig as it sound kinda lazy and tired.

Date: October 24, 2011 18:21

Thank you

By the way silkcut, your Philadelphia Special II rip has made a lot of people happy on the torrent sites.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 047 - Southern Quotations
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 24, 2011 18:39

Thanks for Southern Quotations Silk! It was indeed one of my requests. It might not be the best recording sound and performancewise but as far as I know it's the only available source for this show so I'm sure this vinylrip will be appreciated by completists.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 047 - Southern Quotations
Date: October 24, 2011 19:04

Hi Silkcut; thanks for another rip of Southern Quotations ! I grabbed the last one from you, back in 2006. But I only have the CDRs left, due to a harddrive crash back then....so glad to get it back (if I can get it to download this time)

@Rank Stranger; I sent you a PM, 3-4 days ago. Maybe I used the wrong email address. Could you please give me a PM back, so that I am able to reply to right address.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 24, 2011 22:25

Erik_Snow
@Rank Stranger; I sent you a PM, 3-4 days ago. Maybe I used the wrong email address. Could you please give me a PM back, so that I am able to reply to right address.
Wrong e-mail address, indeed!
But by the time you read this, you should also have received my mail with a lot of thanks!!

Date: October 25, 2011 11:54

Rank Stranger
Erik_Snow
Wrong e-mail address, indeed!
But by the time you read this, you should also have received my mail with a lot of thanks!!

Got it! Thanks back to you, Hans Jo

Date: October 25, 2011 12:17

On Honestman's request here's "Emotional Tattoo" - better than I thought and as I remembered it:

btw - a few month ago this bootleg got sold on ebay.de for around 150 Euro maybe because the seller wrote something like "another Andy Warhol-cover". Sometimes I really wonder for WHAT people are willingly to pay.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 25, 2011 15:42

silkcut1978_
On Honestman's request here's "Emotional Tattoo" - better than I thought and as I remembered it:

btw - a few month ago this bootleg got sold on ebay.de for around 150 Euro maybe because the seller wrote something like "another Andy Warhol-cover". Sometimes I really wonder for WHAT people are willingly to pay.

Fantastic sleeve... but 150 euro's ... I think I'll pass. winking smiley

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 048 - Emotional Tattoo
Date: October 25, 2011 15:49

Wow thanks very much Silkcut, love this one, it remains me very good memories.
My copy wasn't quite the same as yours. The PS was the same, but on the record which was orange too, there was only blank labels with no mention of the tracks.
I recall that I'd wrote'em myself.Don't know why, maybe an early copy, anyway I should have keep it, my mistake...

HMN

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 048 - Emotional Tattoo
Date: October 25, 2011 18:49

Honestman
.Don't know why, maybe an early copy, anyway I should have keep it, my mistake...

It was my long-time girl friend who told me "buy them CDs but keep collecting the records, never sell them". I sold quite a few records as I needed the money but I'm still grateful for her advice, she was absolutely right. Nothing beats the vinyl smiling smiley

Date: October 25, 2011 20:43

silkcut1978_
... keep collecting the records, never sell them". I sold quite a few records as I needed the money but I'm still grateful for her advice, she was absolutely right. Nothing beats the vinyl smiling smiley

True, I keep collecting vinyls and own quite a bunch of them, but I've traded all my boots in the mid 90's for some official ones...Nobody's fault but minewinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:48

Good to see you back Honestman.................

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home