Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18
Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 039 - Spend It So Fast
Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: October 7, 2011 22:07

Thanks for the effort.

Great songs on all three volumes but what's the deal with the tape source? My ears are literally bleeding.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 039 - Spend It So Fast
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 7, 2011 23:11

Hillside Blues
Thanks for the effort.

Great songs on all three volumes but what's the deal with the tape source? My ears are literally bleeding.

That's the beautiful thing! Back then this was the greatest stuff we'd ever heard. When I first took "Spend It So Fast" for a spin in 1986(?) I jumped around the room! I felt I was a true Rolling Stones insider that had stuff only me and the Stones were allowed to hear! Sound quality was third or fourth on the requirement list.

Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: October 7, 2011 23:23

hi silkcut how big is this set of cd

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: October 8, 2011 01:32

Munichhilton
Hillside Blues
Thanks for the effort.

That's the beautiful thing! Back then this was the greatest stuff we'd ever heard. When I first took "Spend It So Fast" for a spin in 1986(?) I jumped around the room! I felt I was a true Rolling Stones insider that had stuff only me and the Stones were allowed to hear! Sound quality was third or fourth on the requirement list.

That's awesome. In '86 I was only 1 year old so this is something I will never understand.

So what about bootlegs that played too slow? I remember the huge disappointment getting the bootleg "All Inside Our Crazy Dreams" and it played like 10% out of pitch. I paid a lot for it and waited a month until it arrived. Could never listen to a minute of it until I got pitch control on my deck.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 8, 2011 08:36

Munichhilton desribed it the best way - feeling like an insider was an emotional kick. I remember when I finally found a copy of "Paris Rehearsals" after months and months of looking for it. It has awful quality but it was the first LP (at least I think so) with songs like Fiji Jim and Do You Think I Really Care on it and I couldn't stop listening. Years later the double-LP with the same title was released and had basically the same stuff + a lot more in excellent quality but the magic was gone as I already had the tapes in equal quality and knew the songs for "ages".

And I think it's not a question of age. My son's 14 years old, his CD-collection is constantly growing and by now he's having around 300 CDs but he loves his bad sounding Soundgarden/Rammstein/Nirvana (and others) vinyl bootlegs and he prefers to listen to Black Sabbath on those badly pressed picture discs from Italia rather then playing the CDs.

Anyway, this thread here was created by me to bring up some history - nothing more, nothing less.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 040 - All Them Women
Date: October 9, 2011 11:45

All Them Women

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 9, 2011 12:46

silkcut1978_
Anyway, this thread here was created by me to bring up some history - nothing more, nothing less.
Mission accomplished. Big time! smiling smiley

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: October 9, 2011 19:10

silkcut1978_
Munichhilton desribed it the best way - feeling like an insider was an emotional kick. I remember when I finally found a copy of "Paris Rehearsals" after months and months of looking for it. It has awful quality but it was the first LP (at least I think so) with songs like Fiji Jim and Do You Think I Really Care on it and I couldn't stop listening.
Could you upload it?

Date: October 10, 2011 07:40

midnrambler
silkcut1978_
Munichhilton desribed it the best way - feeling like an insider was an emotional kick. I remember when I finally found a copy of "Paris Rehearsals" after months and months of looking for it. It has awful quality but it was the first LP (at least I think so) with songs like Fiji Jim and Do You Think I Really Care on it and I couldn't stop listening.
Could you upload it?

Sure, will be the one after the nextsmiling smiley

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 041 - Philadelphia Special (NOT Swingin' Pig)
Date: October 10, 2011 12:09

as requested here's "Philadelphia Special" - man, you owe me a prayer that Cordoba might happen again one day winking smiley

This is NOT the Swingin' Pig release and is best described here [www.iorr.org]

"Best sources are the "Philadelphia Special" LPs and
CDs. For part 1 best sources are: the pre-Swingin' Pig "Philadelphia
Special" 2 LP set (b&w cover, 'RSGL 72' written in dead wax)(runs fast) or the
"pitch corrected" single CD dub (no company name, matrix # 94101). TSP's
2LP/2CD "Philadelphia Special 1" is overly NoNoised, but does have a few more
tracks than the original release. For part 2, get TSP's "Philadelphia Special
2" which also runs fast."

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 041 - Philadelphia Special (NOT Swingin' Pig)
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 10, 2011 12:51

Thanks again, silkcut1978_!

May I ask, did you speed correct it?

Date: October 10, 2011 13:06

no speed correction done, except for the de-clicking I do nothing with the files.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 10, 2011 17:37

silkcut, another cordoba is fine with me. I owe you one ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 17:43 by falo01.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 10, 2011 18:17

Boy, the sounds of Philadelphia Special sure bring back memories. The Swinging Pig release 'The Great Lost Live Album', one of my first Stonesbootlegs, had similar content including the same opening; Jagger's "Good Morning!" accompanied by a few loud vinyl pops and we're off into the wildest sonic rock 'n' roll avalanche: Brown Sugar, Bitch, Rocks Off and Gimme Shelter with Mick Taylor on fire and loud in the mix.

Date: October 10, 2011 18:54

falo01

smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 10, 2011 19:08

silkcut1978_
falo01

smileys with beer
I remember that match in Córdoba!
I attended Deutschland vs Österreich (0 -0).

Date: October 10, 2011 19:21

Quique-stone
silkcut1978_
falo01

smileys with beer

0:0? must be decades ago Quique-stone winking smiley In my memory Österreich lost every single match since Córdoba angry smiley

Posted by: Mick Wilbury ()
Date: October 10, 2011 20:29

Thank you very much !! Your place in heaven is guaranteed !!

There is no way to peace; peace is the way. (Ghandi)

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: October 10, 2011 20:52

Wow,this version of Philadelphia Special sound amazing.Thank you very much.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 10, 2011 21:56

great! many thanks for all that wonderful stuff!!!!thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 10, 2011 23:03

Really looking forward to download your Philadelphia Special rip, Thomas, many thanks! I'm just waiting for the file to "become available" again - as I don't have an account...will probably be available soon.
Do I understand it correctly that this "Philadelphia Special" runs a tad too fast?
This sure is a unique thread - it's almost like opening christmas presents...when checking into this thread, to see what the "most recent upload" of yours is!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 23:34 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 10, 2011 23:23

Really fantastic!
silkcut
Can I put 'Claudine' up as a torrent...all thanks to you of course

Date: October 11, 2011 00:13

you're all welcome guys - thanks for this wall of appreciation smiling smiley

Seems it is running a bit too fast Erik but honestly I didn't take care of, just enjoyed the sound when I played it. I didn't even remember this set until falo01 asked for it so a big thank you to him.

Sure Munichhilton, whatever you like!

What a day - today I've learned that I'm going to get married again next year on Feb.13 - the b'day of my best better half ever. So don't expect a transfer on this specific day winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2011 00:53

silkcut1978_
Quique-stone
silkcut1978_
falo01

smileys with beer

0:0? must be decades ago Quique-stone winking smiley In my memory Österreich lost every single match since Córdoba angry smiley

Sorry I'm getting oldr too!

I wanted to say Deutschland 0 vs. Italy 0, played in Buenos Aires and not in Córdoba, it must be because it was so borring!

Anyway I still can remember the 3 vs 2 in Córdoba!

Back to the uploads... what are you saying, you aren't gonna to upload anything on next Feb 13th, that can't be truth! LOL

Congratulations Thomas! The best for you!

Date: October 11, 2011 01:19

Quique-stone

I wanted to say Deutschland 0 vs. Italy 0, played in Buenos Aires and not in Córdoba, it must be because it was so borring!

Back to the uploads... what are you saying, you aren't gonna to upload anything on next Feb 13th, that can't be truth! LOL

oh well, the first WCC I saw was argentina 78. cant remember much (I was 8y) but I do remember krankl ! ;-)

silkcut, GOOD LUCK ! this time it will work out fine !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-11 01:20 by falo01.

Date: October 11, 2011 01:39

falo01
Quique-stone

oh well, the first WCC I saw was argentina 78. cant remember much (I was 8y) but I do remember krankl ! ;-)

silkcut, GOOD LUCK ! this time it will work out fine !

Argentina '78 was the first WCC I watched and as it was here it was a total revolution. But I can still remember listening to the AM radio some of the matcheds from Germany '74 being 9 years old.

Date: October 11, 2011 11:45

Thanks for your wishes guys ! smiling smiley

My first world cup I watched was Germany 1974. I still remember BRD vs DDR and the final game Germany vs Holland and I also remember hurrying home from my own football training in autumn 1973 when Austria played the final qualification match in Gelsenkirchen and lost against Sweden. Still have my Panini sticker-album from 1974 (complete) smiling smiley

falo, have I ever sent you one of the pics of Krankl with my son? taken 5 years ago:

Date: October 11, 2011 12:23

silkcut1978_

falo, have I ever sent you one of the pics of Krankl with my son? taken 5 years ago:

you did send me some, cant remember if this one was included, but I know that you are in contact with the guys from 78 ;-)

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 042 - Paris Rehearsals (1LP - Whoose Records)
Date: October 11, 2011 17:15

as midnrambler was asking for it, here's "Paris Rehearsals" on Whoose Records - not to be confused with the double-LP of the same name.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 042 - Paris Rehearsals (1LP - Whoose Records)
Posted by: claudine ()
Date: October 11, 2011 17:44

negative version is better

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home