Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18
smiling smileyRe: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 027 - Nasty Habits
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 14, 2011 21:38

Munichhilton
Britney
Tnx for Nasty Habits! Longest version of Separately I've heard.

Good catch.
I have multiple versions of this track all ranging from 2:30 to 3:20
This one clocks in at 4:22. And its the correct speed unlike Wild Horses and Brown Sugar.

The ONLY other place I have seen this version is on the Mickboy release "Dancing So Free" but there it has much more hiss than here.
Add to that that all Mickboy releases appear to be lossy. So it looks like Silkcut has unearthed another hidden 'gem'. smiling smiley

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 030 - Five By Five Alive
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 14, 2011 22:00

30 transfers for a handful of gems..that's why I need some holidays ;-)

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 029 - Taxile On Mainstreet & What's Left Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 22:16

be
silkcut1978_
Britney
silkcut1978_
Britney
The 'gem' on Taxile On Mainstreet is the 1972 MJ interview segment culled from 'Current Audio Magazine' Records, Vol.1, No.1 published in 1972 (Side D track 4).

Isn't that the one with Mick on one and Elvis on the other side of the cover? Have it around somewhere. Bought it in around 1977 and can't remember but I would suggest that the original interview runs a little bit longer than the short segment on Taxile ?!

Yep that's the one:
[www.discogs.com]

I've never heard the original Current Audio Magazine release so I wouln't know if it's complete, but I also suspect the original release is running somewhat longer.

Found my copy and it looks like being about 5 minutes long. I'm going on holidays again tomorrow but when I return I'll check it.

The original probably comes with the questions to the answers? What's it like to be Mick Jagger? Enjoy yer holidays!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-14 22:23 by Britney.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 029 - Taxile On Mainstreet & What's Left Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 22:22

Britney
silkcut1978_
Britney
silkcut1978_
Britney
The 'gem' on Taxile On Mainstreet is the 1972 MJ interview segment culled from 'Current Audio Magazine' Records, Vol.1, No.1 published in 1972 (Side D track 4).

Isn't that the one with Mick on one and Elvis on the other side of the cover? Have it around somewhere. Bought it in around 1977 and can't remember but I would suggest that the original interview runs a little bit longer than the short segment on Taxile ?!

Yep that's the one:
[www.discogs.com]

I've never heard the original Current Audio Magazine release so I wouln't know if it's complete, but I also suspect the original release is running somewhat longer.

Found my copy and it looks like being about 5 minutes long. I'm going on holidays again tomorrow but when I return I'll check it.

The original probably comes with the questions to the answers? What's it like to Mick Jagger? Enjoy yer holidays!

Thanks ! :-)

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 030 - Five By Five Alive
Date: September 14, 2011 22:24

silkcut1978_
30 transfers for a handful of gems..that's why I need some holidays ;-)

Yep well deserved. It's also a lot of hard work (and fun) diggin' out the nuggets. winking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 14, 2011 22:39

Britney
Munichhilton
Is that version of Wild Horses from side A of Nasty Habits on a CD yet?
Its got the loudest slide part I've ever heard. I'm pitch correcting it now and so much comes out in there...anybody know?

Sounds like some Hammond B3 in the beginning too...I've not heard this version.

It's on Megatracks vol. 1, which sounds like it's been copied from vinyl (maybe Nasty Habits?). It's also available on VGP 067 -Lonely At The Top/Nasty Habits and VGP 044 Some Like It Hot

Ok Got it. Its too much to keep track of sometimes. I have it on VGP067, but VGP 044 is France 1970? I don't have it on that one.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:02

yes Separately" on nasty habits longer great thanks....

Date: September 14, 2011 23:03

Munichhilton
Britney
Munichhilton
Is that version of Wild Horses from side A of Nasty Habits on a CD yet?
Its got the loudest slide part I've ever heard. I'm pitch correcting it now and so much comes out in there...anybody know?

Sounds like some Hammond B3 in the beginning too...I've not heard this version.

It's on Megatracks vol. 1, which sounds like it's been copied from vinyl (maybe Nasty Habits?). It's also available on VGP 067 -Lonely At The Top/Nasty Habits and VGP 044 Some Like It Hot

Ok Got it. Its too much to keep track of sometimes. I have it on VGP067, but VGP 044 is France 1970? I don't have it on that one.

Yeah I know, it's a jungle. This version of Wild Horses is probably only included on re-issues of Some Like It Hot (VGP 044).

Date: September 14, 2011 23:04

vancouver
yes Separately" on nasty habits longer great thanks....

... and another happy IORR-ian. smiling smiley

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:30

the cd versions fades out at 3:16 ,"Separately

Re: smiling smileyRe: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 027 - Nasty Habits
Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:56

Britney
Munichhilton
Britney

Good catch.
This one clocks in at 4:22. And its the correct speed unlike Wild Horses and Brown Sugar.

The ONLY other place I have seen this version is on the Mickboy release "Dancing So Free" but there it has much more hiss than here.
Add to that that all Mickboy releases appear to be lossy. So it looks like Silkcut has unearthed another hidden 'gem'. smiling smiley

Nasty habits was also released as a silver pressed cd.
This version seems better than the cd, so thank you!

Re: smiling smileyRe: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 027 - Nasty Habits
Date: September 14, 2011 23:58

gimme_shelter
Britney
Munichhilton
Britney

Good catch.

Separately isn't even included in the VGP release of Nasty Habits!

Date: September 15, 2011 09:37

But it is included on the cardboard
Version of this title. I should know, cause
I own the sucker

Britney
gimme_shelter
Britney
Munichhilton
Britney

Good catch.

Date: September 15, 2011 19:28

gimme_shelter
But it is included on the cardboard
Version of this title. I should know, cause
I own the sucker

Britney
gimme_shelter
Britney
Munichhilton
Britney

Good catch.

You have another 4:22 version?
From what is your cardboard title?

Thanks

Date: September 16, 2011 12:39

Date: September 16, 2011 12:40

Actually have this cd for many years. Soundquality is shite, however.

Date: September 16, 2011 12:41

Date: September 16, 2011 16:28

Ok thanks...no label on it?
You are lucky to have that though!

Would you say that silkcuts LP has better sound?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 18, 2011 05:35

It is what it is - sort of a time capsule back to those days where a new bootleg LP was an adventure. So True - even I have 100s of Vinyl boots from the seventies, purchased new and played once (on to cassette) - must sort them out and see if I can add to this fine list - Good on you for doing this and uploading them. thumbs up

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 031 - Get Your Kicks
Date: September 22, 2011 16:46

next one is "Get Your Kicks" - again part of a 30 LP-set of which I wrote before. Paris 65 in wrong speed + Joe Loss show from April 10, 1964 + 2 BBC tracks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-22 19:29 by silkcut1978_.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 032 - A Summer Romance with the Rolling Stones
Date: September 24, 2011 16:28

A Summer Romance with the Rolling Stones - the first bootleg with KBFH recordings, released before "Live In Laxington" and others - my all time favourite.

Re: POST: classic vinyl bootlegs series - updated with CVBS 032 - A Summer Romance with the Rolling Stones
Date: September 24, 2011 16:36

Damn!

Thanks so much

Date: September 25, 2011 13:17

Summer Romance = great stuff. According to the Schwarzbuch the tracks stem from a KBFH broadcast from april 29, 1979. Later also released as 'Lacerated'.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 25, 2011 19:41

Britney
Summer Romance = great stuff. According to the Schwarzbuch the tracks stem from a KBFH broadcast from april 29, 1979. Later also released as 'Lacerated'.

Yes, this version on Saturated Recordworks is the same as Lacerated (IMP), don't know however which one was first and which one is the copy.

There is another version of A Summer Romance on Slipped Disc with the same tracks but in different order plus 3 additional tracks from Passaic 78 spread in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-25 19:42 by midnrambler.

Date: September 25, 2011 20:13

midnrambler
Britney

Yes, this version on Saturated Recordworks is the same as Lacerated (IMP), don't know however which one was first and which one is the copy.

There is another version of A Summer Romance on Slipped Disc with the same tracks but in different order plus 3 additional tracks from Passaic 78 spread in.

According to the Schwarzbuch the Slipped Disc version is the very first release.

Date: September 25, 2011 21:09

Probably I mixed things up - the more I think about it the more I believe that I bought Lacerated a few month before Summer Romance. But I bought so much bootlegs in the late 70s that I can't remember each and every date anyway. Sorry if it was confusing.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 25, 2011 23:01

Saturated Recordworks is from the same makers as Excitable Recordworks (and Beacon Island, Toasted, & more?) and they are almost all direct copies of other albums using the original plates. So it is very likely that Lacerated was first and this A Summer Romance is the copy.

Date: September 25, 2011 23:27

silkcut1978_
Probably I mixed things up - the more I think about it the more I believe that I bought Lacerated a few month before Summer Romance. But I bought so much bootlegs in the late 70s that I can't remember each and every date anyway. Sorry if it was confusing.

Haha don't be sorry Silk. Bootlegs sometimes are confusing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-25 23:27 by Britney.

Date: September 26, 2011 10:05

Once speedcorrected the Paris tracks from Get Your Kicks aren't all that bad. Maybe better than some of the later CD-boots. But not as good as the DAC release which blows all previous releases out of the water.

Date: September 26, 2011 14:25

Britney, wait until I find my tape of Paris 65. If it is still in good condition it will outshine the DAC-release. I received it by snail mail around 1985, the speed was correct, just a little bit of tape hiss and all in all the best soundboard-tape (from a quality point of view) I ever got. I think I never traded it and it seems the guy who sent me the tape didn't spread it either. True or false but I've been told that a 2nd gen. copy was sent to me and after hearing it I had no doubts.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home